iv. Appa and Umma Kwon

Relationship Goals

"We're home!" Yuri announced as Jessica and her traversed the front foyer to the living room.

 
Appa Kwon was sitting on a single couch, reading something from his iPad.
 
 
"Good afternoon, Appa." Jessica bowed and in return, he gave her a hug.
 
"Aigoo. What did my daughter do that caused her to be this lucky to have you?" He chuckled at Yuri's whiny expression.
 
"Appa, stop teasing!" Yuri whined, "And let go of Sica, we still have something to do!"
 
 
Jessica couldn't help but to giggle at the daughter-father interaction. She was used to this kind of situation but she still laughs every time it happens.
 
 
"And what are you planning to do with my daughter-in-law, hm?" Appa Kwon teased further.
 
"A-Aniyo!" It was Jessica turn to be embarrassed and quickly shook her hands in front of her. "It's just that Yuri-ah—"
 
"Your daughter-in-law will give me a great massage because my body hurts from dance practice." Yuri replied proudly before pulling her lover to sit beside her on the couch.
 
Jessica slapped Yuri's shoulder, earning a groan from the latter. "What are you talking about?" She whispered.
 
 
Yuri didn't answer and just placed Jessica's hands on her shoulders, her back facing the latter.
 
Jessica, who internally sighed, was left with no choice but to comply with Yuri's request.
 
 
"Aigoo... Jess, if Yuri continues to give you orders, just tell me. I will do the beating." Appa Kwon told Jessica, but enough for Yuri to hear him.
 
 
Umma Kwon appeared from the kitchen with a tray of coffee and biscuits, probably for Appa Kwon.
 
 
"Oh, they're already home! I should've prepared more food." She gushed as she placed the tray on the coffee table. 
 
Jessica left Yuri hanging for more massage and walked towards Umma Kwon, who immediately gave her a motherly hug. 
 
"Hi Umma." She smiled at the pleasant warmth.
 
"Aigoo, such a lovely lady. I won't get tired of saying that. Our Yuri really hit the jackpot." Umma Kwon tightened the hug.
 
 
Yuri, who was pouting at her girlfriend, smiled at the scene of her girlfriend and mother hugging like they've never seen each other for a long time.
 
"Umma, let go of my 'jackpot'. You saw her this morning." Yuri grumbled and stood up to get Jessica.
 
"Who is your jackpot, you monkey?" Jessica faced Yuri with arms akimbo.
 
"You are, Sica. Now, let's continue what you were doing earlier—"
 
"Umma, she's making me her slave!" Jessica playfully complained just to tease their daughter.
 
"Yuri-ah..." Appa Kwon gave her a fake warning glare.
 
 
Yuri was unhappy to the fact that her loved ones were teasing her ever since they came home, and that she was a bit tired from dance practice.
 
"Sica..." She whined in defeat before lying facedown on the couch, drained and all.
 
Jessica giggled before settling herself beside the lifeless body, and continued to massage her lover's back.
 
 
Yuri's parents laughed at the lovely scene. They basically witnessed their daughter's lovestory right from the start until now. From fangirling at a girl named Jessica Jung from her school, unconscious smiles while using her phone... until they finally met the girl who caught their daughter's heart.
 
Appa Kwon and Umma Kwon looked at each other in relief — that their beloved Yuri found her true love. They believed that they will last, as cliché as it may sound, forever.
 
"You know, your mother used to do that to me back in the days..." Appa Kwon reminisced as he watched the couple.
 
"But now, the roles have been switched." Umma Kwon laughed, remembering a memory from the past.
 
 
Jessica laughed along while pressing her thumbs against Yuri's stiff shoulders. After a few minutes, Yuri's parents bid them goodbye and left for a gathering in a famous restaurant.
 
Meanwhile, Yuri fell asleep on the couch, still wearing her training clothes. Jessica heard her snore.
 
"Seobang, wake up." She tapped Yuri's back before playing with her long black hair. Her mind wondered, 'How could someone look so pretty and handsome at the same time?'
 
(Author: Same, Jessica. I feel you.)
 
"Yuri-ah, you'll be sick if you don't change your clothes." She nagged, now tapping Yuri's arms.
 
"Hmm..." Yuri's face scrunched up before opening her eyes. "I fell asleep..."
 
"You should rest, you big baby." Jessica said. "But change your sweaty clothes first."
 
"Where is Umma and Appa?" Yuri sat up, stretching her arms and upper torso before leaning against Jessica's shoulder. "Hmm, so comfy."
 
"They left for a gathering." She answered, "And no, you are not going back to sleep. Get up." She stood up and tried to pull Yuri but instead, she was the one who got pulled back to the couch. "Yuri..." She whined.
 
"Sica..." Yuri whined back before humming contentedly. "Thank you for the great massage. I'm gonna marry you soon, and I'll be the luckiest woman in the whole world."
 
Jessica pouted. "So you're just gonna marry me because of my awesome skills in physical therapy?"
 
"Yes. And also because you're pretty, gorgeous, y, smart, and... lazy." It was Yuri's turn to girlfriend.
 
Jessics flicked Yuri's forehead. She knew better. 
 
"What about my goddess-like aura whenever you passed-by me at the hallways? Or that time when you obviously sniffed my hair during PE class because you said I smelt of your future wife? Or when—"
 
"DID UMMA TELL YOU THAT?" Yuri yelled in surprise.
 
 
Jessica only giggled and ran towards Yuri's room, and locked the door.
 
"Yah! Sica!"