iii. home

Relationship Goals

Jessica sent a text message to her girlfriend about 4 minutes ago. They were supposed to hangout at Jessica's house since her parents left for a family business gathering with Krystal. But the latter wasn't replying back.

 
"Yuri-ah, where are you? :(" This was the 3rd message she sent.
 
 
After a few minutes, her phone screen finally blinked, indicating a new message arrived.
 
 
"Open the door."
 
 
Jessica, without thinking twice, ran towards the front door and opened it. Yuri was indeed standing infront of her.
 
"Hi, baby! Sorry for not texting back, I was on my way here while carrying these—" Yuri raised her arms, showing plastic bags of grocery, "I bought ice cream and strawberry!"
 
Jessica pouted and slapped Yuri's shoulder, "I hate you! I was so worried, you dork. You should've at least used Siri or whatever!"
 
 
Yuri chuckled at her girlfriend before helping herself inside her lover's familiar house. She placed the bags on top of the kitchen counter and turned around to face Jessica.
 
 
"I'm fine now, see? At least I'm here." She grinned before pinching Jessica's cheek, "You're so cute."
 
Jessica rolled her eyes playfully before busying herself with Yuri's buys. "I want my ice cream."
 
 
Yuri handed her the tub of vanilla ice cream and a small pack of strawberries. They headed back to the living room where the usual dvd session happens.
 
Before they watch the movie, Yuri pulled Jessica near her as they were both sitting on the couch. Jessica instictively rested her body against Yuri's, while expertly scooping ice cream from the tub. 
 
 
"Say ahhh, Seobang."
 
Yuri complied and ate the ice cream from Jessica's spoon. "Yummy, just like you."
 
 
Jessica reacted with a sarcastic laugh before taking a bite from her spoon.
 
Yuri suddenly spoke during the introduction credits of the movie.
 
"You know what, I realized something when I was about to leave my house earlier." She unconsciously sniffed Jessica's soft hair.
 
"What did you realize?" Jessica was used to Yuri realizing things at a random time and the latter never failed to tell her what it was.
 
"Promise me you won't laugh."
 
Jessica shifted her position and stared at Yuri, "Promise."
 
"I realized that," Yuri combed Jessica's hair behind her ear before continuing,
 
 
 "I leave my house to see you, but it feels like I'm coming home."
 
 
Jessica was speechless. She could feel the blush on her cheeks, despite all the years they have been together. Yuri never failed to make her feel the fluttering in her stomach. Butterflies.
 
 
Yuri then, smiled her charming smile reserved only for her girlfriend and leaned forward to kiss her forehead playfully.
 
"Let's watch the movie!" Yuri said loudly with a smile before resuming their position from earlier.
 
"Yuri-ah, I love you." Jessica suddenly confessed.
 
 
The tanned girl smiled and hugged her tighter, feeling contented with her action.
 
 
"I love you too, Sica."