Waking up

Dreaming of you

Like any high school student, Joshua went to school every day and worked after school to make sure he could pay the rent for every month. He didn’t tell all his friends about his dreams of her except for Jeonghan who always seemed to listen to him and Seungcheol who thought it was weird but nevertheless he still listened. It was lunch time and all the boys were on the rooftop but Jeonghan and Seungcheol noticed that Joshua was day dreaming.

“Hey dude, what’s up?” Seungcheol slung an arm around his neck and Joshua looked up and gave him a reassuring smile.

“Just thinking.”

“About the girl in your dreams?” Jeonghan sat next to him on the other side. Joshua didn’t say a word and both of them knew that it could only be her.

“I still find it funny yet amazing that you love someone in your dreams that you’ve never met before.” Said Seungcheol nonchalantly. “Do you even know what she looks like?”

“Seungcheol, stop it. If you’re gonna make fun of him then go somewhere else.” Jeonghan defended him and Joshua was thankful towards him as he was the only one that really understood his situation even though he did find it weird he accepted it because he’s Joshua best friend.

“I was just asking…” the other pouted.

“She looks like an angel.”

Seungcheol and Jeonghan turned to Joshua because this was the first time he ever talked about her appearance as he would normally praise her bright personality and how he wished she was real.

“Isn’t it strange that she only appears in Joshua’s dreams and all the time?” Seungcheol asked no one in particular but Jeonghan looked at Joshua and watched as his lips curled up into a smile and he placed his chin on his knees smiling like an idiot in love. Jeonghan couldn’t help but smile as well because he could tell that his friend was really in love with this girl that only appeared in his dreams and a part of him wished that she was a real girl somewhere in this world.

“I would like to meet her one day.”

Joshua turned to Jeonghan and his smile was replaced with a surprised look but then he looked down and his smile fell completely.

Because Joshua also wished that one day he could meet her.

 

***

Joshua didn’t open his eyes yet but he felt a slender figure in his arms. He could hear a light snore and he pulled the person in his arms closer and embraced her, afraid she would disappear. He then felt small hands enclose around his and he smiled before intertwining them together. He placed his head on her neck and placed a chaste kiss there. The person’s snore stopped abruptly and she turned around so that they were facing one another. He knew she must have been awake for a brief moment as she traced her finger down his cheek but her soft snore could be heard once again. When Joshua was sure that she was asleep he opened his eyes and sure enough she was. He smiled as he pulled one of the strands on her face behind her ear. He did the same as her and traced a finger down her nose and very lightly and gently over her eyes, rosy cheeks and lips. He sighed and leaned onto his arm that he used as a pillow.

“Please don’t disappear on me…”

“I won’t.”

Joshua was stunned when she opened her eyes and a smile played on her lips. He thought to himself that he was caught but instead of feeling embarrassed he pulled her into a bone crushing hug and she squealed in happiness.

“Jisoo ah! Stop it!” she laughed as he flipped them over and he was on top of her now. There was a silence and both stared into one another eyes. Then she saw a glint of playfulness in his eyes and his hands went to her sides. Soon the room was filled with giggles and laughter then Joshua was caught off guard when she flipped him over and now she was on top of him. She pinned his hands down so he couldn’t tickle her sides anymore.

“You can let go, I won’t tickle you.” Joshua surrendered and she raised a brow at him.

“I don’t trust you.”

“aww baby I’m hurt.” He pouted and she laughed at his aeygo and let his hands go.

Baby?” she asked and he smiled. He kept his promise and didn’t tickle her. After they sat and talked to one another in each other embraces, She got up and told him to have a shower while she make breakfast. He lay on the bed with a smile, this was the life he wanted to live.

When he came out he saw her frying bacon and swaying her hips to music she was listening to. He chuckled as he watched her dance happily; then when she placed the pan down, he went behind her and wrapped his arms around her small waist.

oh my god,” she spoke in English, “You scared me... wait did you see me dance?” he nodded as he rested his chin on her shoulder and she groaned.

“Forget that you ever saw that… it was ugly and weird.” She laughed as she changed back to Korean and he chuckled before twirling her around and trapping her against the counter.

“You should never say you’re ugly or weird. It’s a sin.” He spoke with sincerity as he leaned in so their nose was touching, even if his heart was beating so fast in his ribcage.

They sat down to eat and occasionally they would feed one another and once both were done he offered to do the dishes as she made breakfast. She accepted his offer and went to go and get change. Deep down Joshua couldn’t hide how he felt and when he felt small arms wrap around his torso he chuckled.

When he closed his eyes he knew he made a big mistake as the bright colourful world where she was, now was replaced by his ceiling in his apartment and when he turned to his side of the bed, it was empty.


Hope you enjoy! And this one is a bit longer ;) Please comment your thoughts! 

love missachi xx