Finally

Dreaming of you

When she walked into the small café his heart dropped more than it leapt. She had her arm around Mingaho’s arm and both were smiling. All the boys greeted her and she bowed back, showcasing her smile that Joshua desperately wanted to hide from the boys. But he was frozen on the spot and he didn’t- no couldn’t do anything. Jeonghan noticed his stiff expression and nudged him.

“Yah, are you okay? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” He joked but Joshua still didn’t do anything. He kept his eyes on her with words stuck in his throat.

“Jeonghan… What is going on with Minghao and that girl?” he asked in a hesitant voice. Before Jeonghan could answer his question he was interrupted by Seungkwan.

“Hyung! This is the smartest girl in our year!!!” he pulled her and Joshua didn’t like it one bit how Seungkwan had his arm around her shoulder. She chuckled and shook her head in denial. Before Joshua could lecture Seungkwan about touching his girl, someone had already stepped in.

“Seungkwan, I think you’re making her uncomfortable.” Minghao placed a protective arm on her and she chuckled pushing his arm away. Joshua secretly smiled and she turned to Joshua. When she looked at him, both had a moment where everything went in slow motion and Joshua swore he could count her eyelashes. Then suddenly her eyes lit up and he thought to himself, maybe… just maybe she remembered him to be the boy that she always dream about. When she opened to ask him something, he felt his heart skip a beat.

“I don’t think we’ve met before…” she started and his heart dropped. She was about to introduce herself when all the boys crowded around her again.

“So you promise that you will join my dance crew next year right??” Soonyoung asked eagerly like she was fresh meat he could eat.

“You have to tutor me for the exams next year!” Mingyu and Hansol were on their knees begging her and she laughed and nodded. Minghao put his arm around her again and pulled her closer to him, as they went towards Jeonghan and Joshua as the former hadn’t met her yet.

“Minyoung, this is Joshua. He speaks English as well like Hansol.” Her eyes brighten when he mentioned that the boy in front of her could speak English. She smiled and shook his hands with glee.

It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m Mia but you can all me Minyoung.” She spoke in an English accent and Joshua smile could only grow more. ‘damn...' he thought to himself when he heard her speak as he always found girls with British accents hot. They politely exchanged names and conversed in English as it was easier for both.

“So you studied at London royal ballet?” he asked while they were sitting and drinking coffee while some of the others ate.

“Yeah, I got a scholarship there but I wanted to finish my senior years here in Korea.”

“Any particular reason why?” he asked, hoping that she would remember their moments in his dreams or maybe hers. Before she could answer, Minghao interrupted her saying that the boys wanted to go to the arcade and if she wanted to come.

“I think I will go home.” She checked her watch. Then she spoke something in Chinese to him- that’s what Joshua thought at least. Minghao nodded and told her something back and held her wrist as he spoke. She laughed and nodded in reply, at the moment Joshua felt the urge to grab her hand and run out of the shop, because he didn’t exactly like the way the two interacted.

“Minghao, Joshua could probably take her home if you’re so worried.” Jeonghan suggested and Joshua snapped back to reality when he heard his name. Jeonghan knew that Joshua was obviously jealous and it was amusing to see the calm, kind Joshua to be fuming.

 “I could take her home if you want.” Joshua used his gentleman moves while Minghao contemplated with himself.

“I wouldn’t mind taking that offer.” Minyoung smiled and walked next to him. Joshua’s heart raced when she placed her hand on his shoulder.

“Shall we go?”

Joshua turned to her and mirrored her smile, then after saying good bye to all the boys; both left the small café and walked down the road on the way to her house. Joshua was so nervous and awkward that he didn’t know if he should talk to her or keep quiet in case he said something wrong. But God had solved his inner conflict.

“You have the same earring as me!” She beamed and he unconsciously touched his ear where the silver cross was. His eyes widen because before he fell asleep he was sure that there was nothing in his ear pierce now there was.

“y-yeah…” he stuttered and then suddenly he had to ask her something.

“W-where did you get you that earring?”

She stopped walking and thought to herself for a moment, trying to remember where she actually brought the jewellery. Joshua’s heart thumped loudly in his ribcage and he felt anxious and almost nervous to hear her reply.

“I actually don’t remember where I brought it.” She started and his heart leapt, maybe she dreamt of him like he dreamt of her, he thought to himself.

“I just always had it.” She touched her inner ear, “I think I lost the other somewhere and it’s funny that you have the same one as me.” She chuckled and Joshua nervously laughed as well.

“Can I ask you something?”

She replied positively and Joshua played with his fingers feeling nervous once again. He wasn’t sure if he should ask her such a question because he could come off as a e probably or she would think he’s some sort of stalker. Nevertheless he gathered all the courage that he had but instead of asking what he initially planned he asked something else.

“Do you believe in dreams?”

He glanced at her and she seemed to be thinking about her answer carefully.

“It depends on the individual I believe. For instance my brother dreams of unrealistic things which make it hard to believe in his dreams but on the other hand my dreams are the opposite and quite realistic so I guess I do believe in my dreams.” She smiled and felt a wide smile grown on his lips and she looked at him with an amused expression.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“What do you mean?” he asked, still smiling and she turned away smiling before looking into his eyes.

“Why are you smiling like an idiot in love? “ She joked but Joshua’s expression changed drastically and he thought to himself if he was obvious in any way.

“Anyway why did you ask?” she changed the topic and he rubbed the back of his neck in a sheepish manner.

“I just felt like I’ve met you before.” Said Joshua in an embarrassed way, but he knew that he had met her before.

“Really?” She asked surprised and he nodded, “Wow, I thought it was just me.”

She laughed and Joshua’s eyes widen and he couldn’t believe what he heard. So did she dream about him? He wanted to ask and she looked at him with flushed cheeks.

“I know it sounds creepy but I swear that I’ve met you somewhere, if not probably in a dream.” She joked and Joshua laughed along with her.

“Oh well, It was nice meeting you today Joshua. This is my house.” She smiled and Joshua wished that time would stop for them so he could be with her longer. She said good bye before walking into the house but she stopped for a moment and turned around to call his name out before he could walk away.

“Can I call you Jisoo?”

He stood there wide eyed and she wondered to herself if she should just forget about it but for some reason she felt like calling him that. It reminded her of the boy she dreamed of once in a while.

“Sure.” He flashed his famous eye smile, “How did you know my Korean name?”

“I do?” she asked confused and the later chuckled at her adorable expression. He hesitated but decided to be brave and mustered all his courage up once again.

“U-uhm… I was wondering if you would like to meet up sometime?” he asked then he remembered about Minghao and quickly added, “- I mean I know that Minghao wouldn’t like the idea-“

“Sure. Who cares about what my brother thinks.” She smiled and Joshua was left confused.

“Wait… Minghao is your brother?” asked Joshua and she nodded, laughing at his shocked face.

“Please don’t tell me you thought we were going out or something because- I mean I love my brother but he’s not my style.” She chuckled and Joshua joined her small fit of laughter.

“Anyway I better let you go in, it’s cold after all, Mei.”

It was her turn to be shocked, “Now, how did you know my Chinese name?”

“I do?” he played innocent like her and she giggled before waving good bye and went inside the house and Joshua could only smile like a fool in love.

Because he found his first love in a dream and even if it seemed impossible he finally found her.

Sometimes dreams are the place where people meet the one their fated to be with. 


So I'm sad to say that this short story will come to an end but i'm thinking of doing a fic for the8 but I'm still working on the plot for that story and since i am going back to school, I'm not sure when I will start writing that story and probaby can't gurantee updates as well but i wanted to thank all the people that subscribed to this story and I love all you guys and I hope we can meet again in another story! Once again a big huge thank you and a hug for all the people who supported this story!

love missachi xx

P.S I hope to see you guys in the next story! :)