My name is ....

Dreaming of you

Examination was something that was too common and to Joshua it felt like a big test. But as like any normal person, there were subjects that he wasn’t as good as others. For the past couple of days he had been doing different exams for a variety of subjects. Then the subject he detested came up, Chemistry. He couldn’t ask any of his friends to help because they had their own exams to study for and he would feel guilty if they failed any of their exams because of him. He let out a sigh as he walked back home from his work place. Almost like routine, he found that he slept after work as he felt he would rather be in the dream world rather than in reality. But then again who wouldn’t?

When he opened his eyes, she was sitting in front of him with her head in text books. It was an afternoon where the sun had set and an orange colour filled the white walls of the rooms. She looked up to him with a bright smile and he realised that they were in a library, his school library.

“It’s not good to sleep Jisoo,” she lectured him. “Especially when you need to study for your exams.”

“What about you missy?” he leaned forward with a playfully expression and she gave him a scoff.

“Excuse you but I remember doing well for my mocks.”

“So did I.” he defended himself, “Except for chemistry.” He mumbled the las part but of course she heard him.

“Chemistry is one my easiest subjects, honestly I don’t get how you don’t understand it.”

“I blame the teacher.” He shrugged and she sighed.

“Maybe if you listened and did your homework.”

“I do! I just don’t get it…”

She got up and moved to sit close to him, he naturally moved closer to her and she raised a brow at him as he placed his arm around her chair. He didn’t know why but skinship like this just came to him and he liked having her close.

“Yah, are you gonna listen to me or are you gonna stare at my face.”

“I wouldn’t mind the former.” He snickered and she rolled her eyes, clearly irritated by his flirting. He apologised and told her to continue and he promised he would listen to her.

Time went by and Joshua made sure to pay extra attention to her as she explained everything from the basics to their level. He slowly started to understand and strangely, chemistry wasn’t hard for him anymore. He was amazed and impressed how she could teach him so much when his chemistry teacher could barely make him understand how adding ions they must be the opposite and that’s why they were attracted to one another.

“Any questions?”

“So the reason why you and I are attracted to one another, its because we are opposites?”

She looked taken back by that question and he had to hold his chuckle in so she would understand that he was “serious” and not trying to flirt with her.

“What makes you think that we are opposites?” she asked back with amusement.

“Because you can dance, you’re beautiful, smart and the loveliest girl I have ever met in my life.” He said and told her the list could go on but she merely laughed and shook her head in denial.

“Those I am not.”

“You are and don’t deny it.” He pinched her cheek, “I know the reason why I am attracted to you.” he whispered and she asked him to go on. He leaned in closer till their nose were touching and he could feel her breath on his lips.

“Because any man will fall in love with an angel that has fallen into his world.”

Her eyes widen and he pulled away, feeling impressed with his words that flowed out of his mouth like it was meant to be said. She stayed frozen in her spot and he chuckled at how she was looked. She pushed him a bit and turned away with red ears.

“Don’t say such things…”

He chuckled as he watched her get up to put some books away. He followed her but she seemed to have lost him but he knew that she was somewhere in the library still. He then heard her mutter something as she walked pass him in the aisle across from him.

“I can’t believe he’s older than my brother and he’s this chessy.”

“What year is your brother in?” He turned the corner and there she was stunned that he appeared out of nowhere and he couldn’t help but chuckle at her cute expression.

“One year below you, why?”

“I would like to meet him one day.” Said Joshua with a thinking expression, he wondered how he would look like. She chuckled and he wondered why she laughed.

“You’ve met him already and the two of you are actually closer than you think.”

“Really? Who?” Joshua asked with curiosity and she laughed.

“It’s a secret.” She pressed a finger towards her lips, “Besides I’m sure that you will find him.”

Joshua vowed to her that he would find her brother and she nodded with a smile.

“So are you much younger than your brother?”

“About a year and a bit, why?” she asked as they sat down in a corner of the library under the sunset as they leaned onto the bookshelf.

“So you’re a middle school student?!” Joshua asked almost like he was committing adultery as he was in love with someone that was a lot younger than him. But she once again laughed, she seemed to be always laughing at him today.

“No! I am a high school student. I am in the same year as my brother because he got cut off so they put him in my year.” She explained and he felt a sense of relief overcome himself.

“Wait do you go to our school?” he asked and she nodded. He felt his heart race, what if he could actually find her and meet her in real life.

“W-what’s your name?” he asked hesitantly.

“You don’t remember my name?” she asked with a raised brow and amused expression. He felt like the ground should just eat him alive but he nodded, embarrassed.

“Goodness, my name is Mei.” She sighed heavily in a dramatic way and Joshua tried to remember if there were any first years named ‘Mei’.

“Mei…”

***

When the exams had finished, all the boys in seventeen went to check their marks on the big board with all the scores. Joshua had gotten first this year beating all the boys but he wasn’t particularly interested in his own results this year.

Minghao jumped up and down, thankful he made it into the top ten while Seokim and Seungkwan complained that they were close to the top twenty while Hansol and Mingyu were glad they passed. Jeonghan and Seungcheol noticed that Joshua was looking at the first years, like he was searching for someone’s name.

“What’s up josh?”

“I’m looking for someone’s name.” he continued to look.

“Wow good job, Minghao!!” Jun praised him while the younger beamed. He started to explain how hard he studied and about someone just entering the class and scoring the top mark out of all the year. Even if the person had just transferred on the day they started the exams. Jeonghan had briefly heard them talking and went to ask more.

Joshua looked at every role of names but none of the name matched the name he was looking. Then Jeonghan walked over to him.

“Any luck?” he asked but Joshua shook his head.

“Oh well… Anyway did you hear about the new transfer student?” he asked and Joshua shook his head again, “apparently she scored the top even though she transferred on the day we started exams.” 

“Really?”

“Yeah, her name is even up there.” He pointed up and the name read.

Seo Minyoung


Hi! I hope you all are enjoying the story! I'm not sure if i should just leave it when they meet one another or should i go further where they kind of talk a bit. I'm not sure... i would like to hear your opinions if i should really stop the story at like 5 chapters or go on a bit more.... ahh what to do... Please comment your opinion!

love missachi xx

P.S once again thnk you so much for all the people who subscribed! Please remember to susbcribe and upvote! :)