Meeting an angel

Dreaming of you

Joshua didn’t know when it started but he soon realised that every day- or every night he would have the same girl appear in his dream. He never saw her face yet he remembered her silhouette, she was small yet she had long limbs and her hair rested on her shoulders. She had brown hair but he noticed there were small droplets of different shades of blonde and chestnut red hidden. He didn’t understand why but whenever he met her in his dreams she would always make his heart flutter yet he felt calm deep down and in general, happy.

They were lying under a big tree, on a bright day that was warm like a summer afternoon. She wore a white summer dress and he lay down on the other side of the tree of her, playing his guitar softly while making random melodies. He once again couldn’t see her face because the book she was reading blocked his view, when he peeked on the other side of the tree.

“What are you reading?”

“Great Gatsby. Have you ever heard of it?” Joshua didn’t expect her voice to be so light, it was bright like the summer afternoon.  

“Somewhere, I probably studied it when I was living in America.” He tried to remember anything about his English literature class. “The one about the woman that loved the man because of his money?”

“Something like that but personally I envy Daisy.” She commented and he frowned. He couldn’t understand why she would envy a woman that had a man that was practically obsessed with her and forced her to love him.

 “Do you know why?” He told her to go on with her explanation and she chuckled in a light tone.

“One of my favourite quotes from this book is one when Jordon is telling Nick about Daisy and Mr Gatsby past when she says, ‘Gatsby looked at Daisy in a way that every young girl wanted to be looked at.’” She said in a certain way like she wished the same.

“You know, I never get to see your face. I want to see what you’re really look like.”

She seemed to have tensed when he asked her and he wondered why she didn’t want him to see her face. He had always been anxious because he always pictured her to be really pretty because her personality showed that. Joshua thought to himself that she ignored his question, so he went back to strumming his guitar.

“I think I look really ugly that why you have never seen my face.” She softly whispered, so quiet that he almost didn’t catch it.

“Well I think you are lying to me.” Said Joshua playfully and he placed his guitar down and quietly walked around the tree to see if he could maybe take a peek of her face. But the book still blocked her face. Nevertheless he walked to her and sat in front of her, she was completely oblivious to his presence.

“Show me then if you think you’re ugly and I’ll be the judge.” He grabbed her hands where she held the book and slowly he placed the book down and he had to admit he was shock. He couldn’t believe a person like her exist because he had never seen someone like her before.

It was as if he had met an angel that had fallen into his world.

“Y-you’re…-“

“Ugly? Weird looking? Freakishly white?”

“Beautiful.”

 He breathed out and her eyes widen. She blushed and abruptly brought the book back to cover her face. He pulled it back down to admire her again and she squirmed under his gaze.

“Please stop looking at me like that…” she whimpered as the way he looked at her was the way she wanted to always be looked at but it made her flustered.

“You know that you are beautiful.”

He tucked a loose strand behind her ear and smiled sincerely as he said those words. He meant every word, her skin was a lot whiter than the average but it matched her complexion and made her brown orbs lighter which her eyes indeed showed her kind heart. As Joshua always believed that a person eyes is like looking into their soul. Her eyes were warm and soft just like her. She bit her small lips as if she was contemplating about whether to do something or not. She hesitantly placed her hand on his cheek and gave him a smile that made his heart race.

“Thank you, Jisoo.”

When he closed his eyes he knew that he was in love with the girl in his dreams and even if it sounds funny and odd, one cannot deny the heart’s true feelings.

But he knew when he woke up, she would be gone.


Sorry for the short update! I promise the next chapter will be longer!!! Thank you so much for the people who subscribe to this story and I hope you enjoy it!

love missachi xx