Halloween

Pumpkin Master

 

 

I'm SO SORRY I wanted to update earlier, BUT my crew and I attended a dance contest. \(^o^)/ We got 3rd place eventually!


 

If you want to see a video soon check the website: https://www.facebook.com/hamoniveraundmerle?fref=ts

ANYWAY, let's continue with the pumpkin master :D


 

 

 

 

Oh my gosh you like him!“, It exclaims over a stack of books in front of it.
„Pssh~“, Mark hushes It with a worried expression. It's the next day since Jackson and Mark made the pumpkin samurai and since then they've had lunch, dinner and lunch again. Now It and Mark sit together in the library, discussing future plans for Hufflepuffs new image.

„But Mark you're just pretending that you know so much. In truth you are a sapling. I don't think it's a good idea to get together with Jackson now.“, It whispers.

„I don't even think Jackson likes me. He's got all these exciting friends.“, Mark replies thinking of that bunch of chic people that belong to Jackson's clique.

„I don't know if he's inviting me over because he wants to get to know me or because of the whole staircase thing – to show me off.“

„Then there's just one thing to wait for and we'll know.“, a throaty voice says, making It and Mark jump in their chairs. It's Chava who emerges from the shade of a bookshelf, silently like a snake.

„Also you should be more quiet or you will embarrass yourselves.“, she adds with a sly grin. Mark inhales deeply, still clutching his chest from the shock.

„Do you have what I want?“, It asks suddenly, looking at the Slytherin girl seriously.

„I do.“, Chava replies and pulls a packet from her bag, sliding it over the table so It and Mark can see the inscription.

„Muggle pralines?“, Mark says incredulously.

„Yes, now do my hair!“, Chava responds and therewith gets herself a chair and sits down in front of It who is already opening the box. Mark just watches, not believing his eyes.

„Guys... can you maybe tell me what this is about?“, he asks eventually while It devours the second chocolate and then begins brushing Chava's hair.

„I'm giving It chocolate and in return it makes my hair pretty.“, the Slytherin explains and then throws a dreamy look at It.

„We're so perfect together.“

They both giggle.

„I don't get any of this!“, Mark exclaims dramatically and puts his forehead on the book he's been trying to read before they started talking about Jackson.

„It's so simple though.“, Chava replies.

„Chocolate!“, It says who is now beginning to braid Chava's silvery strands of hair. Chave snatches a praline from the box and puts it in It's mouth.

„You just need to find out if Jackson wants to spend time with you alone.“, she says matter-of-factly.

„And how do I find it out?“, Mark asks despondently. This whole undertaking was much more fun in theory before he actually started to enjoy being with Jackson.

„I'm giving it 48 hours.“, Chava states.

„24 hours“, It chips in.

„You're on“, Chava replies, making another chocolate disappear in her friend's mouth.

„This is just a game to you guys, isn't it?“, Mark asks inconsolably.

It and Chava look at each other.

„Yeah“, they say in unison.

 

 

As the students head to have dinner, the castle is suddenly adorned with Halloween decoration. The pumpkins grace the ceilings as flying lanterns that irradiate a warm, orange light.
Again, Mark sits at Jackson's table. It is with them now, sitting next to Chava.

„I need to show you something, come on!“, Jackson says to Mark when the meal was over, so they wish the rest of the clique a good night and disappear from the great hall.
Jackson leads the younger towards the eastern part of the castle and upstairs where the classrooms are. They almost reach the Owlry and Mark's feet begin to get tired when Jackson finally stops and turns around to him.

„Look!“, the Gryffindor exclaims, pointing upwards to the ceiling.

„It's our pumpkin!“, Mark says who immediately recognizes their zombie samurai pumpkin.

„Looks good up there, right?“, Jackson says proudly, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

„It does“, Mark agrees but he's glancing at the elder. The warm light is very beneficial on Jackson's face and on his black hair.
Jackson meets his eyes and a short silence arises that makes Mark's toes twist in his shoes.

„So~“, Jackson begins, clearing his throat.

„This weekend is Halloween and we can go to Hogsmeade, you know?!“

„Yeah“, Mark replies, gulping to erase the dryness from his throat. He quickly looks at the pumpkin to make time and clear his mind.

„I was wondering uhm maybe we could go together. I know some nice places.“, Jackson says.

„Just the two of us?“, Mark asks as calmly as possible although he's internally celebrating.

„Yeah, just us, I guess.“, Jackson says, shrugs and grins his proud Gryffindor grin.

But Mark suddenly remembers that he wanted to act cool and flirtatious. Now it's him who crosses his arms in front of him, biting his bottom lip lightly.

„I'm considering it.“, he says nonchalantly and takes his time gazing into the corridor and at the pumpkin.

„You're considering it?“, Jackson asks with a lopsided grin. He steps closer to the Hufflepuff and, all of a sudden, grabs his arms, unfolding them gently and then pulling a flustered Mark towards him.

„I think I deserve a chance, hu?“, he whispers, still holding the younger's wrist. Their chests are almost touching and Mark is engulfed in the other's scent. Mark just looks back at him, unable to move.
It's like he lost control of his body. The urge to just kiss Jackson's stupid, delicious lips as well as the awareness that a wrong move could destroy everything, are battling inside him, so he does just nothing. He watches without motion, without batting an eyelash, as Jackson bends forward slightly, placing a wet, vibrating kiss on his neck. Mark would swear afterwards that he felt Jackson's tongue on his skin for a second.

„See you on Saturday at 11 in the great hall, alright? And wrap yourself up. It's going to be cold.“, Jackson says, displaying his signature grin.

Mark just looks at him, bedazzled. His neck is tingling.

Only when Jackson releases his wrists can he move again and scratch his nape. His whole body seems to shake slightly. He regrets it terribly that he couldn't make Jackson keep his mouth there and ravish his skin some more. Mark wants to run his fingers through that thick hair of the elder and press their bodies together tightly. But the moment is gone already. And waiting until Saturday already makes the Hufflepuff thirsty.

„11, okay“, he says nonetheless, nodding slightly.

„Nice“, Jackson exclaims like someone who just watched their Quidditch team score a goal. Therewith, the elder waves at Mark, turns on his heels and walks into the corridor.

„Good night!“, he says once more over his shoulder and then he's gone, swallowed by the shadow.

Mark on the other hand remains under the pumpkin. Eventually, he sits down, touching his neck.

„Way to go, pal“, he says, gazing at the samurai zombie and a slight smile shapes his lips.

 

In the Owlry It nudges Chava's side.

„Less then 24 hours! Extra chocolate“, It says, making the Slytherin roll her eyes.
„Fine, you won~“