Jackson

Pumpkin Master

 

 

 

For the very first time in Hogwarts history, a boy got unpunished into the girls dorm. And the whole school already knows about it the next morning.
And Mark is not sure whether this is the attention he wanted, or not.

 

 

 

Looks like you're getting a partner in crime.“, Chava says over the opulent breakfast that is arranged on the long table. She's a Slytherin but the times when the houses sat on separate tables are long gone. Chava sits with a group of friends that include more Slytherins, two Ravenclaw girls and the popular Gryffindor guy, Jackson.

„I'm not the only gay person in this school!“, Jackson replies, raising both his hands in a „I told you so 1000 times“ kind of way.

„Besides, he's a Hufflepuff.“, he adds, throwing a quick glance at the back of Mark's red-haired head.

„So what?“, a Ravenclaw girl asks.

„Hufflepuffs aren't stupid.“, Chava says. She's a Lovegood and the first Slytherin in her family and she wears dark green lipstick like no other.

„It's not that~“, Jackson replies with a smirk.

„Just look at him. He's so simple-hearted. Probably a and I bet scared of everything.“

Chava raises a pierced eyebrow.

„Someones's in need.“, a Slytherin boy jokes.

„Can't you imagine it?“, Jackson adds.

„He'll probably make me wait for it for months and then squeak and come in his pants when I'm not even doing anything.“
Laughter sounds over the table.

„Sounds like you've come around a lot over the holidays“, Chava says, unimpressed.

„Yeah~“, Jackson gives away, shrugging in a manner he deems casual.
In truth, he only came to terms with his own feelings last year and has not yet done more than kissing and some petting at a party during summer, but no one needs to know that.

The students go back to eating and as the topic changes to their class schedule, Jackson can't help but look at Mark. Mark's kinda cute, honestly. But Jackson doesn't do Hufflepuffs. He's a Gryffindor. There is even Potter blood in him. No, he'll get with someone else, someone in his league.

 

 

 

Ever since that historical night, it has become a habit of Mark and It to hang out in the girls dormitory. Tonight they sit on It's bed and discuss plans for the future.

Mark let It in on his desire to be more visible.

„I'm tired of Hufflepuffs being the boring ones. We're cool.“, he said and It said: „You're right. All the houses changed and proved themselves new. Only Hufflepuff is still the same...“, so there they are, trying to find a way to tie in with Mark's first sudden success in making himself topic of conversation all over the place.

„Let's have a look at what makes you visible: Breaking rules apperently.“, It says matter-of-factly.

„But I can't break rules all the time. I'll get kicked out~“, Mark utters.

„True... but only if you break school rules. What about unwritten social rules?“, It replies with a wicked smile.

„What do you mean?“

„You will make one of the few gay couples Hogwarts has ever had and you will also be the first Hufflepuff to get with a popular guy.“

„I didn't know you where that motivated. I don't know if that can work out.“, Mark says. It's not that he considers himself unattractive, it's more the feeling that he doesn't have it, the charm, the flirtatiousness. He doesn't get asked out a lot, especially not by guys so far.

„Oh, I'm sure you can do it.“, It states and brushes a ringlet behind its ear.

Mark can't help but get curious about the idea.

„Who do you suggest?“

„Jackson Wang!“, It exclaims and throws its hands in the air, but Mark just gazes at It, puzzled.

„Jackson?! The Gryffindor guy? Is he even gay?“, he asks disbelievingly.

„Of course he is. I've researched it. He even brags about how far he's gone already.“, It responds.

„Then no.“, Mark says immediately.

„Why?“

„Because I'm inexperienced and not very confident. I would it up.“

„Nahh~ you don't go all the way. Just make him like you a bit, so much that everyone knows and you're good. Your name will be in the history books: the popular Hufflepuff, Mark Tuan.“, It explains happily.

„I don't know...“, Mark mumbles and starts pulling down feathers out of the blanket.

„Look, if you don't feel confident, you can still pretend! Besides, I saw Jackson gazing at your back through the whole great hall today.“, It reasures him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

„Really?“, Mark asks skeptically.

Jackson is looking at him? That's news. It can't be denied.