Scintilla [Kyungsoo/Bomi]

More Than Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

scintilla   (n.) a tiny, brilliant flask or spark;

                                         a small thing; a barely visible trace

 

The two are so different in everything except one.

She quickly ties her dark brown mid-length hair up into a messy bun. One of the cons of waking up late is not having enough time to fix yourself. What Bomi disliked the most among the cons is missing breakfast. Like this moment, which she is mentally scolding herself for the third effin’ time, while putting toothpaste on the top of her toothbrush.

“...” slipped when the paste fell from her brush to the sink when she washed it, and this time she slapped herself quite hard.

“Yoon Bomi stop messing around!” Even scolding herself out loud is a normal habit already.

 

“Oh Hayoung.”

Hayoung quickly raised her hand in response, answering rather cheerfully. “Present!”

“Pfft..” Beside her, a guy with such an appealing face, almost released his laugh.

The man in front eyed his student shutting him up completely.

“Oh Sehun.”

“Present!” In his attempt to copy his seatmate’s voice, he failed rather horribly than planned. His voice cracked, making his usual early morning entertainment that keeps his fellow students awake and not stuck daydreaming.

“Silence!” The middle-aged man yelled, his unibrow crossing though impossible.

Hayoung felt the usual stare again but she is not to be entertained by an immature high school boy. She glanced at the seat behind her already coming up with the conclusion that her dear friend is late, again.

 

Too much coffee is bad for the health.

Too much coffee is bad for small stone-hearted Do Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo drank 15 cups of coffee last night. He was falling asleep while he was doing his project due for today. He has never drank coffee before. He had tasted it. He hated the bitter taste it gave his tongue and the line it draws as it goes down his throat. Well, that’s changed when last night happened. He swore to himself that he will never, ever drink, or even take a sip, of coffee ever. Never ever.

Restlessly, he taps the cemented floor with his black shoe. The dark circles in his eyes are much noticeable now. Since 7 PM last night he hadn’t had a chance to even take a nap. He tried but failed in doing so even if his eyes are drowsier than a sloth’s.

The dim sky begins glittering. It is beautiful, he thought. He watches the tiny bits of crystals falling to the ground.

 

As Bomi approaches Hayoung, wanting to tickle her from behind, she sees a guy talking to her friend. She stops in her tracks and runs towards the post near the two students. Its wideness is enough to hide her from them.

“Are you okay?” Sehun asks worriedly. He saw Hayoung a little earlier than Bomi, slowly walking to the girl’s restroom, her face pale.

“Huh...?” Hayoung looks at him without hesitation. She almost told him what has been bothering her.

He intensely gazes into her eyes. Her eyes are dark brown, a bit foggy and he sees nothing but a young girl fighting the urge to collapse. Right then, he checks her temperature on her forehead causing Hayoung to flinch in surprise by the sudden physical contact of his warm skin.

“Ow, you burned my hand,” He purposely said, even blowing his – insert open double quote – burned hand – insert close double quote. Sehun is acting foolish again yet this time with a different intention. An intention successfully fulfilled when Hayoung throws a sincere, thankful smile.

He smiled back, a bit flustered. “Let me take you to the clinic.”

On the other hand, behind the wall is a teenager trying so hard to keep herself from shouting and hyperventilating with the very very lovey-dovey scene she had just witnessed. She is so going to tease Oh Hayoung later.

 

The cold breeze blew. Bomi keeps her hands warm inside her ocean blue jacket’s pockets. She buys two cups of coffee and wanders off alone around the campus, taking her time before lunch ends.

Just like the weather forecast predicted, the school is soon drizzled with million drops of rain. Thank goodness she brought her umbrella with her.

 

Sought to find a peaceful place to reflect and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter