Jayus [Namjoon/Naeun]

More Than Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

jayus.

(n.)    a joke so poorly told and

  so unfunny that one

     cannot help but laugh

 

“Naeun-ah, I need to go to practice,” Dongwoon nudged her shoulder to get her attention.

Naeun has been focusing on the novel she’s reading when they got at the library. On the other hand, Dongwoon half-heartedly flipped the pages of an unknown magazine while looking at his watch from time to time. At exactly 3 pm, he celebrated by himself for he could now go and play Basketball.

Too drawn into her book, she only side-eyed him and gave a light nod. She was already near to finishing the 11th chapter of the novel. Nobody can distract her, now that she’s been hooked.

There were only a few students inside the library. Dongwoon scanned the people sitting by the tables and found one guy, a nerd-looking guy, which lessened his worries for Naeun. Naeun attracted guys like a magnet, with her sophisticated elegance and her quiet beauty. Every day, some guy would try to hit on her. Every day, she would dump someone by not answering and leaving him behind.

“Is it alright for you to be alone?” Dongwoon asked her.

She flipped from one page to another, “Hmm.”

He sighed. He already knew she’d be like this once they entered the library.

“If you need me, call me, okay? Don’t let students you don’t know bother you,” he put his hand on top of her book, slightly pulling it away from her face, and tried to make her look at him.

“Hey…” her forehead furrowed, a bit displeased for distracting her attention from her book.

He raised his eyebrows, his eyes pleading her to listen to what he’s saying and do them. Naeun breathed in and exhaled as she looked at page number of the book then carefullt closed.

“Naeunie?”

“I understand. I’m fine by myself,” she glanced up to him, expressionless. “Now, go.”

Dongwoon scratched the back of his head and checked his surroundings again. When he looked back at her, she was already into her book, her eyes glittering and her face glowing in happiness though she wasn’t smiling or anything like that. She seems to have forgotten his presence, unaware that he still hasn’t left his position. He sighed, and after a couple of seconds worrying, he left for basketball practice not a bit happy as before.

Several minutes passed. Naeun enjoyed her quiet but fulfilling time reading until some guy her age disrupted the peaceful atmosphere.

He was about to take a seat next to her, pulling out the chair, when she closed her book with force. The guy halted, meeting her questioning stare. She put on an “I want to be alone” expression which he chose to ignore.

“Can I sit with you?” he grinned at her with obvious intentions. “You’re Son Naeun, right?”

Naeun frowned at his question because he already knew who she was in the first place. Not only had she been disturbed from the of her book, but now she has to figure out how to reject this guy’s offer without being rude.

When he raised an eyebrow at her, she softly answered, “Yes, I am.”

“I’ve heard lots of things about you,” he chirped as he successfully pulled out the chair besides her.

She blinked and bit her lip as she brought her book closer to her. He gave her a wide smile before he was stopped from sitting on the chair.

“Excuse me, sunbae. This seat is reserved for me,” a deep voice said without any hint of nervousness or fear. In fact, a cheery smile was plastered on his face which kind of pissed the guy.

“Wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter