Chapter Six

Codename: Maddie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao’s heart was pounding like crazy. The girl had crossed the line and he wasn’t eager to accept such a behavior from a newcomer.

“No weapons.” He said while staring at Maddie. The girl was taken aback by Tao’s statement. “I don’t want to hurt you so badly.”  He now had an ironic smirk on his face.

Maddie didn’t talk. She only nodded to him trying not to show how angry she was. She clenched her fists desperately trying to keep her fangs and claws hidden. She wouldn’t blow her cover because of a stupid fight with a stupid and arrogant human being…

Tao made the first move and spread his long leg aiming at Maddie’s head. She ducked and immediately tried to punch him in the stomach, but Tao grabbed her wrists and within a few seconds Maddie found herself lying on the cold floor. Tao took advantage and jumped on top of Maddie in order to immobilize her, but the girl quickly turned her body to the right and avoided him. Tao crushed on the floor but he immediately stood up his eyes never leaving her. He made his move again and tried to punch her face, but Maddie was quicker now. She avoided the hit and before Tao could react she hit his nose with her punch. A crack was heard and the tall guy fell on his back. Maddie smiled and without losing any more time she moved towards her rival with full force, but before she reached him something made her freeze…

Tao’s face hurt a lot but he didn’t want to give up. He tried to stand on his legs but he felt too dizzy. He then put a hand on his broken nose and felt his warm blood that was coming out of it, He was bleeding a lot.

Maddie’s eyes widened as she focused on the droplets of blood that fell on the floor. She could smell the hot liquid and a part of her craved so badly for it. She was now trying with all her powers to keep the vampire inside her. Of course she could smell human blood all the time but when it came out of their bodies the temptation was much bigger.

“. No, no, no…Hold on. Hold on!” She thought. Everyone rushed to help Tao who was still on the ground and luckily nobody noticed her eyes who had now turned into a light red colour.

 

Chanyeol was sitting in front of his new laptop, when suddenly a knock on the door was heard and the captain entered the room.

“Like your new laptop Chanyeol?” Asked the man and received a nod from the boy who had a big smile on his face.

“It’s good sir. Of course it’s not like my Samantha but it’ll do.”

JongWoo smiled back at the young hacker.

“I’m glad to hear it. Now, any news from the bloodsuckers?”

“They’ve been trying to throw me out of their system for a few days now but” Chanyeol paused and turned to look at JongWoo. “I’m the best hacker on this God damned planet!" Said the boy and took a ship of coffee from his favorite mug.

JongWoo rolled his eyes at the boy.

“Good job Chanyeol. And what about our files? There was nothing lost in the fire right?”

“Now I feel like you’re insulting me sir. You think a hacker like me would ever forget to make copies?” Said Chanyeol and took a black square thing out of his jacket’s pocket. “This is a hard drive. I keep everything in here and I also carry it all the time on me.” said the boy and smiled proudly at his leader.

“That’s good Chanyeol. I’ll be going now. Keep me informed.” Said JongWoo and made his way towards the door, but before he walked out he stopped and looked back at the room.

“Can I ask you something Chanyeol? Isn’t this room too small for two people to live in?”

The boy looked at JongWoo with his big eyes and nodded.

“Well…Baekhyun’s room is small but he’s my best friend and he wants to help me until my room is fixed so I didn’t want to say no to him. Besides we’re having a great time here, except when Baekhyun brings girls here so he kicks me out. I also took his bed.”

“Where does he sleep?” Asked Jongwoo in awe.

“Oh… We made a deal so, he sleeps in the bathtub.” Said Chanyeol and smiled.

The leader kept staring at the boy for a few seconds not knowing what to say. Eventually, he burst into laughter and left the room while waving at the boy who was looking at him with his big eyes and a big smile on his awfully cute face.

 

Tao opened his eyes slowly. His eyesight was blurry and his head hurt so bad that he couldn’t move for a few seconds. When he finally felt strong enough to get up someone quickly pinned him on the bed again and asked him not to move in a gentle way. A minute passed and the boy’s eyesight was back to normal. Then he saw Joonmyun walking and doing random things around the dispensary and Jongdae standing right next to him.

“What happened?” Said Tao while looking at his friend.

“Take it easy man. You’ve suffered a concussion. Try not to move.” Said Jongdae and fixed Tao’s pillow when suddenly the boy grabbed him by his arm.

“What about the fight? Who won?”

Jongdae paused and looked at Tao. He made a step back and spoke with a low voice…

“Well…let’s say that…you k-kind of… The newcomer beat you up a little.”

Tao’s eyes widened and he had a flashback. He saw the whole scene again and he immediately put a hand on his broken nose. He really couldn’t believe how a girl could be so strong and of course he didn’t want to admit he had lost. He suddenly got furious. He quickly stood up and rushed outside the dispensary despite Jongdae’s and Joonmyeon’s efforts to hold him back.

 

Maddie had been in the shower for about an hour trying to hide her beastly self who was now hungrier than ever. She hadn’t drank blood since she arrived in Qingdao, something that made her feel stupid and also angry with herself. Angry for not being able to control her power. For almost blowing away her cover. She needed blood fast, but for now she had to keep the beast inside for a little longer.

It was afternoon already and the sun had almost set. When she stepped out of the shower she heard someone screaming from outside her door.

“Ji Ann!!” Screamed Baekhyun and knocked the door as hard as he could.

Maddie quickly put her clothes on and rushed to the door. When she opened it Baekhyun burst inside…

“Are you ok? I was so worried! I’ve been looking for you everywhere!” Said Baekhyun and shot an angry glare at Maddie who was standing behind the open door with no expression on her face.

“What the hell Baekhyun? I was just taking a shower…” said Maddie to the boy who was still trying to catch his breath.

“I was afraid you might feel bad for what you did to Tao. I just wanted to make sure you wouldn’t do anything stupid.”

Maddie kept on staring at the boy in awe. “Why would I want to hurt myself for that ? He deserved this punch anyway. Huhhhh…humans are such weak creatures.” She thought. Suddenly Baekhyun, who was now standing extremely close to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter