Chapter One

Codename: Maddie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maddie never liked long trips, especially in places with extreme weather conditions, so now walking for hours into the thick snow with the temperature dropping under -10 degrees was exhausting for her, but even though she was so tired there was one thing she couldn’t deny. Alaska was very beautiful. Every now and then Maddie along with her best friend Dana would stop and stare at the breathtaking scenery. The mountains covered from snow, the frozen rivers and lakes, the various animals passing by them. Maddie was sure, if heaven actually existed it would look like this place.

Today everyone was getting ready for battle. They had been in Alaska for over a month now looking for the rebels’ hideout. Last night their scouter informed them that he spotted a few humans in a town named Sitka in southeast Alaska. Humans, at least what was left from them, were hard to find. They mostly lived underground trying to avoid meeting any vampires so now having them moving at the outside world was at least suspicious.

In the afternoon the whole team arrived at a big warehouse near Sitka’s port. This was Maddie’s first big mission and probably her only chance to prove to General Wu and the rest of the Founders that she was indeed a great hunter.

It was dark and Maddie knew they had a benefit against the humans thanks to their perfect eyesight. Dana walked closer to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

“Ready to become heroes Maddie?”

Maddie turned to look at her with eyes flashing red.

“General Wu depends on us to kill those bastards…Let’s go kick some asses.”

She then turned to the rest of the team.

“Everybody put on your glasses. We need to avoid the UV Rays from their guns. We’re moving in.”

The humans are well prepared. They may not have long fangs and claws or super strength but their guns can easily kill a vampire. Maddie knew they had to be careful. They stepped inside. At first they couldn’t see anything. Maddie closed her eyes and let her other senses guide her.

A few seconds later Dana turned to look at her. “Captain, is everything ok?”

“You can all smell their blood right?” asked Maddie and closed her eyes in order to boost her smelling ability, Everyone looked at her and nodded. They started to follow the smell. A few minutes later the team arrived at the east side of the building. Everything was awfully quiet. Suddenly a clicking noise broke the silence. Someone threw a small round thing at them.

Maddie saw it coming and she immediately turned and screamed at her team

“Grenade! Take cover!”

The bomb exploded and Maddie saw two of her soldiers flying and crashing on a wall. Grenades could cause permanent damage to vampires or even kill them.

“Attack! You’re going to die bloodsuckers!” A tall guy screamed behind the thick cloud of dust.

Before he finished the sentence bullets started to fall around them like rain. The UV Rays filled the room. Many vampires were screaming from pain. Maddie turned to look at the front, the tall guy was standing in front of her. He had long blond hair and a body full of tattoos.

She looked at him with a smirk. “So you must be Isaac…”

The guy raised his head and looked at Maddie with his big blue eyes.

“Well well…If this isn’t the bright hunter Maddie… At last I see your pale face, freak.”

“Tsk tsk tsk…can’t you be a little civilized? I can’t believe they chose you to be their leader.”

“Shut up you ! I was eager for this moment!”

He looked at her with eyes full of hatred…his silver stick was in his right hand. Maddie remembered something she learned when she was studying the human weapons. The book said: ‘The stick is made of pure silver. Its construction helps an operator, to use less force to penetrate the opponent's body causing severe trauma to the heart resulting in instantaneous death of the opponent.’ She was scared. This was nothing like training. This was a real mission and she had to kill Isaac tonight without getting herself killed.

She looked at him trying not to show any sign of fear.

“So you wanna fight with me? What makes you think you’ll kill me Isaac?” said Maddie ironically.

“I have a feeling that today is my day…I promise that when I’m done with you I’ll hang your head above my fireplace.” Said Isaac and a grin appeared on his face.

“Wow! What an honor…so are you gonna stop talking and fight me? I’m not here to waste my time you know.”

“Prepare your weapons bloodsucker…” Maddie’s eyes were flashing red. Her claws and fangs appeared.

She looked deep into Isaac’s eyes. “Grrrrr….be my guest!”

They both attacked. Isaac was great in battle.He raised his silver stick and immediately aimed at her heart and Maddie stopped thinking. Isaac threw his stick at her head but she avoided it. He let out a loud moan when Maddie’s claws made a huge scratch on his face. After that Isaac grabbed Maddie from her waist and threw her on a wall nearby. She hit her head so hard she would have probably died if she was a human.

She was trying to get up when she suddenly saw Isaac jumping towards her with his stick. He landed on top of her and pinned her on the ground…the blood from the scratch on his face fell on her…He looked her in the eye. “You’re dead now!!” Screamed the man. Then, he took out his silver knife and tried to stab her in the heart. Maddie immediately grabbed his arms and they stayed like this for a while, fighting on the floor.

Maddie could hear her allies roaring. The floor was full of blood and dead bodies most of them humans proving that they were doing well. She knew that if Isaac died everything would end. She turned her head avoiding a strong punch from Isaac and that was when saw a revolver hanging from his belt. That was it! She just had to reach it. She used all the strength she had left. This bastard was strong enough even for a vampire! She thought. Maddie hit his face with his hands making him lose his focus on her for a while, then she grabbed the gun from his belt and before he could open his eyes to look at her again… BANG! She shot him in the face.

The human fell on his back his face covered with blood. Maddie got up and looked at the dead body.

“You’re not the only one who can use guns ! Who’s the now?”

She stood there for a while trying to catch her breath when she heard Dana screaming. “Maddie!!” She turned her head and saw her friend lying on the ground covered with blood having girl on top of her. She was holding a long knife, the same one as Isaac’s. Maddie started running towards them, jumped on the girl and pinned her on the ground. The girl didn’t react. She looked at the girl her eyes flushing red. She shouldn’t be more than 18 years old.

“You might win this fight but eventually we’ll win the war.” said the girl.

“Isaac is dead. You lose and you’re going to find him now.”

“The Dragonflies will find you…they’ll take revenge fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter