Chapter Five

Codename: Maddie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a cloudy morning and Lu Han was out cleaning the front yard with a broomstick when suddenly a familiar voice made him stop.

“I see someone is working really hard here.” said Dana and approached her friend with a sleepy look on her face.

“And I see that someone else is still trying to wake up.” Said the boy and smiled brightly at his friend. “I thought you had left. Earlier today I saw some hunters going out on patrol.”

“The General let me and my team rest for a while. Besides our captain is away. Team Echo 2 is out patrolling.” Said she, looked at the gates and nodded to Lu Han. “And…they’re back.”

The gates opened and a bunch of pale and tall guys entered. They looked more like a gang. Yes, Team Echo 2 was not exactly what you call soldiers. The team had ten members all of them coming from noble families, except one.

Oh Sehun was an orphan. His parents were killed by humans before the war started. He didn’t even remember their faces anymore, but the fact that he was a simple vampire didn’t stop him from going up. As a teenager Sehun was really good at martial arts and had even beaten up a few noble children that had challenged him. That was when general Wu decided to take him under his protection, something that helped the boy gain more power and a few years later he ended up as a captain with nine nobles following his orders. Despite his poor parentage Sehun had managed to survive among the nobles thanks to the two things they had in common. First of all they all hated the humans more than anything in the world and secondly they all had someone powerful to protect them.

Sehun entered the yard first with the others following him. Both Lu Han and Dana kept staring at them. When the last guy entered they noticed that he was drugging four women behind him. Everyone in the yard turned to look at the team. The women were humans and their blood smelled so good, but no vampire would dare to claim them. They wouldn’t dare to challenge Sehun and his team for a few sips of blood.

The women were crying and screaming and even though they were humans Lu Han felt sorry for them.

“What a bunch of s…” said he while looking at the boys.

Dana looked at her friend and put her hand on his shoulder. “You know how nobles are. They like to play with their food.”

“Well they should go outside to play.”

The girl looked at her friend in curiosity. “Are you feeling sorry for the humans Han?” She asked.

“What? No…It’s just…I just cleaned up here.” Said Lu Han trying to defend himself and kept staring at Sehun.

Suddenly Sehun’s eyes flashed red. “Is there any problem?” Asked the guy while looking at Lu Han.

He didn’t talk. Sehun walked closer and looked the boy in the eye. “I said…is there a problem?”

Dana pushed Sehun and stood in between the two boys. “Cut it out Sehun. He didn’t do anyth-…”

She crashed on a wall nearby. Sehun didn’t wait for her to finish her sentence. He slapped her as hard as he could. He then turned to Lu Han and grabbed him from his neck. He leaned closer and that was when his fangs appeared.

“When I ask you something you answer you piece of !” shouted he but before he scratched the boy’s face with his sharp claws Lu Han kicked him hard at the stomach.

“You like to play tough you ?” Said Lu Han and let his fangs appear too.

Sehun was still surprised by the boy’s move. He didn’t expect him to react like this. He stood up and looked at him. He was really angry and Lu Han knew that the thing he had just done might cost him his life. Sehun was a well-trained assassin and also a huge jerk while, on the other hand, he was just a simple worker. He knew he didn’t stand a chance against him, but he needed to defend his friend who was still knocked out a few meters away.

He stood up and looked at the boy.

“You’re dead now you little .” Said Sehun and let out a loud roar.

The two vampires started to fight and soon enough the battle became wild. Sehun was beating Lu Han really hard, but the boy didn’t give up. A few minutes later he couldn’t stand on his legs anymore. He fell on his knees and looked at Sehun. He was covered in blood, but there still was a smirk on his face. Lu Han couldn’t see well. He could hear Sehun running towards him. He closed his eyes and waited for the next hit.

Dana was trying really hard to open her eyes. Sehun’s slap was too tough. She tried to stand up. She couldn’t see well in the beginning, but a few seconds later her eyesight was back to normal. She could hear roars behind the crowd. She made her way through the crowd and saw Lu Han kneeling on the floor and covered in blood. He looked weak. She turned her head and saw Sehun. He looked so scary. Suddenly he started to run towards Lu Han.

“You’re not gonna hurt my friend any more you ing .” Thought Dana and immediately jumped on Sehun and pushed him away. The two hunters crashed on a garbage can and before they could stand back on their feet and fight, the guards arrived and grabbed them both.

“Captain Oh, Soldier Hamilton! Stop both of you!” Said the guards, but both Dana and Sehun were still trying to attack each other.

“That’s an order soldiers!” Yelled the guard’s captain and that was enough to make everything stop. “Oh Sehun we have orders to take you to the General. As for you Soldier Hamilton, take the worker to the hospital.” Said the captain and then turned to the crowd.

“Everyone back to your rooms now!” He yelled and everyone started to walk away.

Dana ran towards Lu Han. He looked really bad. He was lying on the floor covered in blood. Immediately the girl lifted him up and rushed to the hospital.

 

Kris was sitting at his desk waiting for Sehun. Suddenly the door opened and Sehun entered. His clothes and face were bloody and his fangs and claws were still on sight. Kris stood up and walked closer to the boy. “What the was that?” Asked he.

“What? They started the whole thing!” Said Sehun in defense.

When Kris heard the boy’s words his anger grew stronger. “You attacked first Sehun! I know exactly what happened. Don’t you lie to me! You attacked at the hunter first.”

“She got in my way and I was angry. But then that worker attacked and-”

“You wanna tell me that you were protecting yourself from a worker?”Said Kris ironically. “The boy is half your size and has no idea about martial arts! And you want to make me believe that you couldn’t stop him with just one move? No, Sehun…You wanted to make a scene. How could you attack another hunter?”

Sehun looked at his superior. His blood was boiling from anger. “Why are you defending them? The worker should be punished for forgetting what his place is.” Said he raising his voice.

“Don’t you yell at me, Sehun! The boy didn’t forget his place. But I see you keep forgetting yours. Remember you are not a noble child. I’m trying really hard to keep you at the position you have now and your ty behavior doesn’t help. It’s already hard for the noble families to accept you be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter