Chapter 7

Adventures Of A Transfer Student

Jihoon pulled his hood up as he walked down the night streets. Smoke from his cigarette danced as he breathed out. The wind was harsh that night, making his cheeks and nose pink. He slipped quietly down a side street. The pump of electronic music got louder as he got closer to a little door in the side of a wall. A flickering neon pink sign over it read “Fireworks”.

“Jihoon!” A tall boy called  from behind the counter as he entered the soon-to-open club.

“Hey Yugyeom. Jackson bailed?”

“Yeah. Sick as hell. He’s stubborn as ever though, so no doctors.”

“Damn. Just us and Mark?”

“Yeah. Here, you left your outfit. You’re just on stage tonight, right?”

“Yeah, let’s hope it stays that way.”

Yugyeom nodded, knowing how much his co-worker and friend hated the job but needed it. Jihoon ignored any formalities that he would have with anyone else and stripped in the middle of the empty room. He adjusted himself in the tight pants and stretched.

“Anyone clean up the stage yet?”

“No, feel free to.”

Jihoon nodded and grabbed a rag and hopped onto the stage, already lit by bright lights. He wiped off the silver poles. After a few minutes, him and Yugyeom headed backstage to greet Mark, who was getting ready. Mark smiled as Jihoon entered the room.

“Cute. No wonder your boyfriend seems to want you so bad,” he wiggled his eyebrows.

“Oh my god you guys, it’s only been a few weeks, please,” Jihoon blushed.

The other two just laughed. They soon heard the sounds of the club filling as people entered. Jihoon checked his hair in a mirror really quick. He heard whoops and hollers as the first boys ended their act. Soon enough, he walked on stage.

A few hours later, Jihoon wakes with a start. His breath calms down as he realizes where he is. He glanced at the room number, 24, and then to the man to his right, who was still sleeping. A man who, Jihoon realized, he had known the name of last night, screaming false pleasures out in the dark. He was just supposed to be on stage. Soon enough, he notices a tear falling down his cheek. He pulled himself out of bed, despite the soreness in every part of him, and pulled on a robe from under a cabinet. He crept out of the room, hoping no one else was heading to the showers. Lucky for him, no one was there when he walked in, and he let the tears fall, the sounds of his sobs drowned out by the shower. He turned the shower off and pulled the robe back on, shaking his hair out. He rubbed his eyes, hoping once again that no one would see how they were pink from crying, and dared not speak, because he might choke on his words. He limped down the hallway to the door with the “EMPLOYEES ONLY” sign hanging on it, and entered. He let himself collapse on one of the couches, letting out a sigh as he rubbed his eyes once more. He fell asleep, not caring about anything but safety.