Curious Hyung

You Are The One

  The days turned into weeks as EXO got unexpected events which affected the day I was supposed to go to their dorm. I didn't mind, it is their job and Europa also had things to do. But the opportunity finally came and I went to see Kyungsoo at his dorm.

  “Jimin-ah, what do you think of this outfit?” I wore a light brown sweater with black jeggings, ankle leather boots and a summer hat. I spun around as she silently looked over my outfit. “It's a bit too plain. Put on more colors.”

  “I'm just going to their dorm, it's not even a date.”

  “Then why are you asking?” She crossed her arms and gave me a sassy look in her eyes. I groaned and walked back in the large closet.

  Jihye walks in our room, “Hey what's taking you so long?” “Jihye, get out,” I demanded. She walks into the closet with me and starts to look around. “Oh! Unni, wear this blouse!” She hands me a floral navy blue button up.

  “Yeah, this is nice.” Next to her, I find a matching peach cardigan. I take off my clothes and change into the set we picked out. I walk out to be judged yet again by Jimin. “Much better,” She signs a thumbs up. “Okey, now make up.” I march to the bathroom. I only apply a quick amount of foundation and eyeliner since I'm a few minutes late already. My hair is already styled to waves from its natural straight look. I hope I don't look like I tried too hard, I thought. Grab my purse and keys and I leave from one dorm to another.

 


 

Kyungsoo’s POV

  “Yah, Kyungsoo-ah, stop over cleaning!” Junmyeon keeps nagging me, “the dorm is clean enough.”

  “Hyung, it's not just anyone coming here. It's Eunsol. We’re a bunch of guys in this dorm and I want to impress her,” today's the first day of us hanging out together as a couple and I just want the place to look presentable. With sasaengs following us everywhere, I can't take her on a real date. All the other members are either sitting around playing video games or sleeping. Since I invited her over, I should take the responsibility to make sure everything looks good but secretly wish that someone can help me.

  I’m finally done cleaning and I change out of my sweat pants with jeans, not bothering my black t-shirt. I hear the door bell and Tao calling for her through the security camera. Crap, I still have to put on my contacts. I run to the bathroom and it's of course locked right at this moment. Life event. “Kyungsoo-ah, she's here!” Minseok calls to me. This is so embarrassing, someone is having a life event and my girlfriend is here. I don't really care about my glasses anymore.

  Just when I start walking away, the door unlocks and Sehun walks out. “Did you need something hyung?” I don't say anything and just walk in. At least the bathroom is still clean. I put in my contacts and head to the living room. Here goes nothing.

 

Eunsol’s POV

  I'm greeted by Tao through the security camera and he lets me in. Inside, the dorm was clean and neat. I bet he cleaned it because of my arrival. A smile came on my lips at the thought.

  Everyone greets me as Minseok announces to Kyungsoo that I'm here. Chanyeol grabs my hand and sits me down at the couch, “Do you wanna play some games?” “Sure,” I hesitate. He hands me a remote and restarts the game so I can join.

  “What game is this?” I asked.

  “Just a fighting game. Do you need help?”

  “All you really have to do is press random buttons and hope for the best,” Baekhyun explains. The game begins and I pick which character I want to be. In the first round, it's me against Baekhyun and I start to get nervous. I do play some games but only by myself.

  The game begins and I smash on all the buttons, completely focused on the TV screen. Around us are the guys yelling and cheering for each of us. “SWEEP HIM, EUNSOL-AH,” Tao is basically screaming in my ear. After a minute, the game ends and I lost. Chanyeol hits Baekhyun’s shoulder, “Why didn't you let her win? Do you have no courtesy?” I laughed and told him its okey. They offered to let me try again but I just told them later.

  Kyungsoo walks in and we make eye contact. I smiled and gestured for him to sit next to me. “Hi, how’ve you been?” He lets out a long sigh, “Really tired. We’ve gotten a lot of work. It's nice to have a day off.” I know what he means. We may not be as popular as EXO, but Europa’s is growing and it drains most of my energy.

  “Come with me. I'll show you around,” I take his hand and get up from the couch. He shows me around the dorm and when we get to the room he shares with Chanyeol, I'm surprised. On Chanyeol's side, there's a computer and a bunch of electronic instruments to make music. On Kyungsoo’s side is just a laptop and thin rimmed, round glasses. I pick up the glasses and put them on. My eyes begin to strain and I take them off. The face I made must've been funny since he's laughing at me. I laugh with him and put the glasses down. “It's nice.”

  The guys are still yelling in the background and we resort to sitting on his bed. Again, there’s another silence between us. I really like him as much as he likes me but I start to wonder how we get in these situations.

  Last time, I played with one of his hands. This time, he gently pokes my side above my ribs. I poke him back a little harder. He gives me a look saying it’s on and starts tickling me. “Stop~ oppa please,” I say in between laughing so hard. My back falls on the bed as he scoots to my side. We’re both laughing as I try to escape his grasp. My legs are kicking and I unintentionally grab his shirt making him fall on top of me. Surprisingly, we don’t become awkward about it. We continue to laugh as he lifts his head up from my shoulder and looks at me. “I’m sorry,” I giggle. He just responds with a big smile that makes my heart skip a beat. Silence rises as we stare at each other.

  Kyungsoo is still mostly on top of me. He pushes a strand of my hair back and cups my face. Maybe this time, I think. I close my eyes confident that it will happen this time. He was able to get closer to my lips until the sound of a door opening stops us once again. Does Miyoung-unni have a sense about these things? Is she following me? It turned out to be Chanyeol who walked in.

  “Hey Soo-ah, what do you want to ea–” He freezes at the door looking at us with wide eyes. There was no way to explain what he just saw. Kyungsoo was on top of me on his bed. We weren’t doing anything wrong but it felt like it. All of us were wide eyed in shock and our faces are viciously red. “I’m sorry, I interrupted a moment. Please excuse me,” Chanyeol turns and leaves almost running.

  Kyungsoo climbs off to go after him but then stops deciding not to. He turns to look at me, “let’s go back with the others.” Next thing we hear is Chanyeol yelling to everyone what just happened. “Idiot,” I hear Kyungsoo say under his breath. Sehun, Tao and Junmyeon storm inside. “Why are you two alone,” Junmyeon asks. Reminds me of Miyoung. “Hyung, nothing happened,” he’s speaking to Junmyeon but is glaring at Chanyeol hiding behind him. I felt bad so I tried to brighten the mood, “Let’s play some more games!” I grab his hand and fast walk to the living room.

 

  After a few times, I got better at the games and became competitive. Their manager bought us pizza. Throughout the game, Tao whined to Jongdae for making him lose focus in the middle of a match. I would wonder about how someone who knew dangerous fighting technics would have this adorable, child-like behavior. He reminded me of one of my members.

  Their manager took me back to my dorm and Kyungsoo texted me along the way.

From Kyungsoo: I’m sorry about Chanyeol

To Kyungsoo: It’s fine^^ It’s not like he meant for it to happen

From Kyungsoo: But still… I think its best that we go back to the studio dates with just us alone

To Kyungsoo: I’m okey with that if you are

  Today was a great day off until suddenly, my manager texted me too.

From Manager Hoon: Hope you’re not tired because I just booked Europa for “Happy Together” tonight.

  I was tired but I wasn’t even given a choice so I let the EXO manager know and he started driving a little faster so I would make it on time. When I arrived at the dorm, I had to transfer from his car straight into the group van. “Thank you for bringing her,” my manager said to the other. I asked Jimin if she brought makeup with her and she did. Then we were off.

 



 

  The shooting was really fun. We all joked around and explained more things about each of us. But I have to admit that one of the MC's, Myeongsoo was really annoying. He kept trying to dish a story from us. The Carbon Copies, though, were really funny and their introduction song for Europa was great. I promised them that I definitely would come back.

  In the van, our maknaes were asleep while everyone talked to each other about the recording. I was really tired now so I listened to music, dozing off. Jimin tapped on my shoulder and I took out my earpiece, "Did you talk to Youngie today?" "No, why?" Her eyes widened at the response. "It's his birthday today!" I panicked and reached for my phone. I usually never forget his birthday. I checked the time and saw that I had 10 minutes left before midnight.

To Youngie: Youngie-ah, happy birthday!

  I waited anxiously. He should be asleep by now, anyone would. I felt so horrible. At least I did until I heard my phone ring.

From Youngie: Noona, how could you forget my birthday? I feel so hurt ㅠㅠ

To Youngie: Noona was busy today~ ㅠㅠㅠ

From Youngie: ㅋㅋ I understand. Thank you. And congradulations on your debut, noona!

  I gave out a lengthy sigh of relief. Youngie has been friends with me and Jimin since we were elementary students. We swore that all of us would be singers and it ended up happening. It surprised me that I would forget something like one of my best friends' birthday. "Thank you for reminding me," I told Jimin. "No problem, but isn't it in your alerts? It is on my phone?" Strange, it should've reminded me earlier. I checked to see if it might've deleted but there it was titled Dongsaeng's Birthday!~. "I might need to get it checked on. Maybe it's getting old," I told her about my phone. "Just get a new phone, you've had this one for a long time."

  Back at the dorm, everyone passed out. I had to drag Miyoung to her room with Minah snickering behind me. Miyoung started snoring and I laughed at her back, "Good luck sleeping with that." I patted her shoulder and left them alone. I walked in my room, changed into a large t-shirt and pushed myself back on my bed. Very badly, I wanted to text Kyungsoo and tell him "goodnight" but seeing the time held me back.

  I had to admit to myself that I was a little upset that we were interrupted again, but knew that a chance would come up eventually. Maybe the time would come in a better and more private atmosphere. Who knows, really. But being with him today and his band members was fun and that's what really mattered.

 


 

 

A/N: sorry for the long wait! College is now starting to beat me up. I've got all these essays to write and it has been affecting my writing for this story.

So let me tell you about Youngie. There have been many times that idols have said that they have either grown up with or at least gone to school with other idols. These days, GOT7 has been on my mind a lot~ so I - for some odd reason - thought why not have Youngjae be friends with Eunsol and Jimin.

Now I promise I won't add any complications with the three. I'm going to keep them as best friends and nothing more. It would be cliche of me to do so.

Now on another note; I really wanted to add the scene of Eunsol and Kyungsoo finally having their first kiss but it would make this chapter SUPER long and wouldn't transition into the scene correctly. But I'm currently writing it now so anticipate for it! Thank you for reading~