Umm, CEO-nim...?

You Are The One

           ​A week and a half later

          I called my parents and told them about my relationship with Kyungsoo. My dad demanded that he meets his “little girls” boyfriend, in person. My mom smacked his shoulder, telling him that Kyungsoo’s schedule must be jam packed like mine. I thought about it intently and it came to me that I did want Kyungsoo to meet my parents soon. I also wanted to meet his family.

          I blew a kiss into the camera. Europa’s scheduled appearance on M Countdown was in a few hours. The comeback has been released a couple days ago and the hype of performing new songs was flowing in my pulse. My parents send I love you’s and Good luck baby before I hang up. Jimin, Jihye and I practiced – or more like messed around – the songs we were going to perform on our comeback stage tonight. M Countdown were also having other artists tonight that had recent comebacks: Orange Caramel, Super Junior, Ladies Code and Taemin’s solo performance. There’s a lot of SM artists for one night, is that even okey?

          We wait for Ladies Code to finish their sound check for Kiss Kiss. They came off the stage and kindly greeted us. The leaders interacted as we giggled and blushed at the other members singing our debut song.

           Katalk! I grab my phone from my pocket. Miyoung noticed and scolded me, “Hey make it quick. We’re starting to practice.”

From Oppa💕: good luck on your performance tonight, jagiya. I’ll be watching. Fighting!

To Oppa💕: thank you oppa^^

          Putting my phone on silent, I handed my phone to my manager and joined the members for sound check.

✨✨✨

          “CHEERS!” We went to a restaurant that’s owned by Chanyeol’s parents. The performance a big success, so Manager Hoon treated us to spicy pork belly. Jimin tried to convince him to at least buy the oldest members soju, but that was already past his treating limits.

          “Alright, I also have other good news. Eunsol’s birthday is in a few days and I got the CEO to give most of you the whole day off. I tried to get all of you, but he had already accepted an event that Minah and Nana appear on Hello Counselor.”

          “But is that it?” Minah questioned.

          “Yeah, just that.”

          Byul looks through her phone as I talk to her about the drama we’re watching. After a few minutes, I excuse myself to go to the van to get some sleep. Tomorrow is another performance at Inkigayo so going to sleep early sounds like a good idea. I see that I have a few messages from Youngjae and some other friends, but I’ll just get to them later.

 


 

          It may have been over the top, but Kyungsoo had caught the earliest flight from Beijing to Incheon the day before my birthday. I was at home with the members when the doorbell rang. Miyoung got up and muttered under her breath, “The chicken delivery guy is over an hour late.” I did tell her that I could’ve gone to the grocery store with my parents to buy food, but she insisted I take a break.

          Miyoung opened the door and said, “Sunbaenim, what are you doing here?” Chung Ae trailed to the door then started jumping excitedly. “Who is it?” I hollered. Kyungsoo pops his head inside, “I’m back early.” I jump off the couch and ran into his arms. My leader chose this time to be a bit humorous and asked Kyungsoo if he had fried chicken with him. “No, I’m sorry. I don’t.”

          “Boo.” She cutely pouts and continues to wait in the living room. I take Kyungsoo to my room. “Where are the other members?

          “They went out shopping. What about the other EXO members, did you all come back early?”

          “No, they’re resting in China. I came back early because I wanted to talk with the CEO.” He told me. I asked him what, but he just told me to change clothes as he waits outside. I threw on a comfortable outfit and headed out with Kyungsoo. “Did you eat yet? I haven’t,” he asks. “No, what did you want to eat?” He replies that he wants bulgogi.

          A staff at the SM building was willing to run to pick up our bulgogi order. He talked to me about the crazy things that went on in China: fans fighting to get closer, some trying to get a hold of them, tripping them. It was terrible. I wanted to hold his hand and hold him, but I also wanted to scold the fans for acting this way. He picked up on my tense aura and reassured that he and the members are fine. I coyly smile at him for understanding me.

          He checks the time on his watch, “Oh, it’s time. Come with me.” He reaches his hand out for me to grab and interlaces his fingers with mine. “Where are we going, oppa?”

          “You’ll see,” he smiles.

          We walk through the hallways and make it to the CEO’s office. Once Kyungsoo checks in with the secretary, he tells me to sit in the waiting area, “I’ll come to get you in a few minutes. Okey?”

          “O-okey.”

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

          I entered the CEO’s office and saw both Kim Youngmin and Lee Sooman warmly greeting me. My hands are starting to get cold and sweaty. This meeting is really important to me. I sat across from them and did my best to look confident.

          “Kyungsoo-yah, what did you want to see me for?” Young-Min asked. Deep breath, Kyungsoo. “I know that you said that we idols aren’t allowed to date, but there’s something I need to tell you.”

          Both Soo-Man and Young-Min looked at each other confused then back at me. “I never said that you couldn’t date. I just implied that it’s too much to deal with. What is this all of a sudden?” I’ve thought about this for a while. Telling the CEO that I, an idol, is dating Eunsol, also an idol. Only our members, managers, and a few very close friends in SM know. Young-Min should at least have us tell him in person rather than someone catching us when we least expect it.

          “I’m in a relationship, sir. It’s been going on for a while now.” I stated clearly.

          “With who if I may ask?” Sooman spoke up.

          “Lee Eunsol, sir. From Europa.” The more I spoke, the more nervous I was becoming. I kept my hands wrapped together and my head was lowering by itself. It was now hard to look at them in the eyes. “She’s a nice girl,” Sooman compliments after a few minutes. I look up at him a bit shocked.

          “She’s very bright and sweet. Also very talented. I can see why you are struck by her,” He continued. Youngmin seems to be agreeing with the chairman, which is honestly surprising to me. He wasn’t so forward about Baekhyun and Taeyeon coming out with their relationship, but kept going with it. And what he says next really shocks me.

          “I actually like this. Two main vocals, both quiet and reserved. It would certainly drive stocks up. Not sure how this happened, but that can be said later. You two also complement each other visually, too.” Sooman taps Youngmin’s shoulder in slight annoyance, “How could you think about stocks right now, we can talk in private about that later.”

          Youngmin gives me an apologetic smile and says sorry. I bow to say that it’s fine, I’m not offended. At least not completely. “Did you want to have a press conference about this?”

          “Kim Youngmin-ssi!” Sooman raises his voice a little. I answered anyway, “No sir. We’re not ready to become public yet. I just wanted to tell you.” Youngmin chuckles, “Alright. But for the sake of my theory, is it possible that I can see you two together?”

          I told him yes and made my way to the door. I saw Eunsol sitting still with her phone in hand. I walked up to her and gently grabbed her hand. “Come with me.” She followed me back into the office. I kept my hand in hers, and once she progressed who was in the office she tried to pull away from me. “It’s okey, Eunsol-ah. We know you’re dating Kyungsoo. You don’t need to hide it here anymore.” Youngmin informs her.

          She looks back and forth at me and them confused. I squeezed her hand to calm her down. As we bowed before leaving, Youngmin spoke one last time, “Have a happy birthday tomorrow, Eunsol-ah.”

          “Thank you, sir,” she smiled brightly. Crap, its tomorrow? What am I going to do? Eunsol and I are walking around the building without letting each other go. I should just ask her what she’d like. “Do you have anything on your schedule tomorrow?” she ended up asking me something first. “No, why?”

          “Let’s go on a date. Either at your dorm or mine.”

          “Is that how you really want to spend your birthday? What about your members or friends or family?”

          She stepped in front of me and grabbed my free hand with hers, “Then do you want to meet my parents? They want to meet you.” Meet her parents? The thought played through my mind a lot until it made sense. After being with her for four months, meeting Eunsol’s parents is the next step in our relationship. I really like her and I’d like for her to also meet my parents and hyung. “That sounds nice. So I’m guessing at your dorm?”

          “Yeah. And if anyone comes back by that time, bring some members if you want. I’m pretty sure that they’d be too tired though,” She giggled. We made the time arrangement and walked back to her dorm. I gave her a quick peck before she goes inside. On the ride to my dorm, I started planning for my girlfriend’s birthday. What do I wear? I should get her something cute. But what about her mother? Hmmm. The members are flying in about an hour back to Seoul. Hopefully someone – specifically not Chanyeol – can help me. Tomorrow coudn't come soon enough.

 


 

A/N: I AM DONE WITH FINALS! I'm so so SO SORRY for this late update. I'll try to do a double update this weekend if i can but it's gonna take a lot of inspiration.

 ​And for the resultls of the poll, the next story will be with Hoseok! It was a tie between him and Sehun so I picked between them. Thank you guys for reading! I really hope you guys are enjoying this fan fic. Catch you in the next chapter!