Amber's Family Comes For a Visit

You Are The One

          “YAH KWON JIMIN, WHY ARE THERE 500 LLAMAS IN THE LIVING ROOM,” Miyoung was furious. I have never seen her so angry. Last time she was mad, it was because Chung Ae had broken her phone screen. But this was rage. I’m pretty sure I can see fumes coming out of her nose.

          “I don’t know! I didn’t order them!” Jimin was surprised by the gifts our fans got her for her birthday. I’m in charge of the group’s spending finances and when I saw that I had a good amount of money, I bought Jimin a cute stuffed llama from Japan. She took a picture with it and posted it to her Instagram with the caption, “My best friend got me an early birthday present! I love llamas~.” I guess fans had taken the initiative to get her more.

          Walking around, I snapped a picture of the hoard of stuffed animals in the dorm and sent it to Amber since she calls herself a llama. It’s quite funny, no?

To Amber-unni: unni, you’re kind has taken over my dorm. Please take responsibility.

From Amber-unni: I’m coming over right away

          It was funny. I picked up one of the pink ones and looked at the birthday girl, “Can I have this one?” She had a pained look on her face as she hesitated to answer me. A nearby Minah was laughing hysterically and pointed a finger at her. Is she seriously having to think if she wants to give me one? She doesn’t even like pink! “Yah Kwon Jimin, remember when you and Youngjae used to ba–” Her eyes widened as she instantly cut me off saying I could have it.

          “Wait, I want to know what happened!” Minah exclaimed. Jimin gave her a look, “Nothing happened,” took a huge arm fulls of the stuffed animals, and walked into our room. I knew that later, my organizing disorder would kick in and I’m going to end up organizing them. But for now, I put my new baby pink llama and head to the kitchen to make a quick snack before we head back to the SM building. “Unni, do you want ramyeon?”

          “Spicy, please,” Miyoung requested. When I opened the packages, the doorbell rang and I could hear Miyoung say under her breath, “I swear to god, if it’s more llamas.” I try to hold my laughter back as the water on the stove boiled. Then a familiar voice spoke. “Oh…. my…. god….” Amber had seriously came to the dorm.

          Setting the pot aside to the cool side of the stove, I return to the living room just to see her face overlooking the messy rainbow assortment of llamas lying around everywhere. I pick up a white one and hand it to her. Amber slowly grabbed it and held it close to her body. It was like looking at a child on Christmas morning. There’s no other way to really explain it better than that.

          “I don’t even get llamas for my birthday. This is so unfair. I’m keeping this, so don’t debate with me.”

          “Unni, did you seriously come here for a llama?”

          “Did you think I was joking?” Amber retorted. While Jimin was still in our room, I started pushing Amber towards the door. She was stammering about just what I was doing. Minah helped me on pushing our sunbae out, “Hurry before Jimin-unni catches you with one. She won’t even notice. Here, have another one.” And she was out the door.

          As if on cue, Jimin walked out. “Who was at the door?”

          “Just the last delivery. You better take these in your room right now. I’m not going to be dealing with these in the living room,” Miyoung nagged.

          “Okey, okey. Fine mom,” Jimin rolled her eyes. Minah offered to help her and I went back to ramyeon cooking. Today was definitely going to be a long day.

 


         

          Later in the night when we came back from another long schedule, I had received another secret date invitation with Kyungsoo in the dance studio. I was so tired and my body was sore from exercising, I had to call a rain check. Kyungsoo, being the great boyfriend he is, reassured that he understood and not to sweat it.

          After a couple of weeks passing by I was finally free to see him. Europa’s comeback was coming closer and we had two more songs to record. Luckily, Miyoung hasn’t been freaking out like she usually does.

          Kyungsoo said that he wanted to go to see a movie since no one goes this late at night. It’s a big risk. This would be our first date in public and we have to be extremely careful that not one person sees us together. I got dressed and before I left, Jimin and Byul wished me luck that I don’t get caught. Manager Hoon was okey with driving me to the theatre, despite it being midnight.

 

          When I arrived at the theatre, I got a text message from Kyungsoo:

From Oppa: what movie did you want to watch?

To Oppa: “Cart” looks good

From Oppa: please, anything but that

To Oppa: ㅋㅋㅋ oppa why not

From Oppa: jagiya, please

To Oppa: okey, okey ㅋㅋ how about “Young Hot Bloods”

From Oppa: sure. I’ll buy the tickets.

          I put on a mask that covered half of my face and looked around to find the theatre room showing Young Hot Bloods. Once I did, I saw a figure in all black entering inside and I instantly knew it was Kyungsoo. He’s wearing black in summer, isn't he really warm?

          There’s a person that’s on guard at the door and assuming by the way he just let me in Kyungsoo must’ve told him about me coming. Inside the dimly lit theatre room that had probably two other couples in it, I tried to find my boyfriend. Spotted in the middle, I made my way to him. “Hi,” I whispered to him.

          Before the movie started, he asked me more questions about Europa’s comeback and I happily answered. I couldn’t help, though, but see that there seems to be going on with Kyungsoo by his lower than usual tone of voice. Is everything alright in EXO, why is he only talking about my group? There’s a part of me that wants to ask, so as soon as I open my mouth the lights turn off and the movie starts playing. I’ll just ask him later.

         

         Throughout the movie, we kept our focus on the movie as we held hands like how any normal couple would. We didn’t even pay attention to the other couples that were there making out. The movie was really interesting, and I didn’t understand how they could get easily distracted.

          I was about to call my manager afterwards, but Kyungsoo said his manager was on his way and he would rather take me home. The whole building was dead silent. I figured it would be safe to walk around with him while we waited. It was also a good time to ask him about what’s going on with his group.

          “So how’s EXO? Any news about a comeback?”

          “No, not yet. Our manager says that although we’re done promoting Overdose, we’re going to be doing new choreography for songs from our other albums.”

          “Oh, is that it?”

          He hesitated at first, “Yeah, why?” I stopped and looked at him with caring eyes. “You seem distracted or something. I just want to know if everything is okey.” A sheepish smile comes on his face and I squeeze his hand.

          “Yeah. It’s just that,” he scratched the back of his neck with his free hand, “Tao released a statement about Kris-hyung. He’s still hurt from the sudden leave.” Oh, that’s it. Maybe I shouldn’t have asked. The look on my face must’ve been apparent to what I was thinking since he gently pulled me in his arms. “Thank you for asking,” His smile looking brighter, “I probably wouldn’t have said anything.”

          I smiled back at him and wrapped my arms around him. “Oppa, you know you can tell me anything right?” I felt his chest vibrate as he chuckled to himself, “Mhm.” His manager then pulled up and got out of the van, “Alright kiddos. Quit being cute and let’s go home.”

          “Hyung, that’s embarrassing,” I laughed at Kyungsoo getting flustered at his manager’s comment. Sometimes, he’s really cute.

         

          On the ride to my dorm, his manager basically interviewed me about my activities. I was getting used to getting asked the same questions so it didn’t bother me at all. Kyungsoo, however, was nagging his manager to stop pestering me. “Yah, if we get down to facts, I don’t know much about Eunsol-ssi. I’m fine with you two dating, but I’m your manager Kyungsoo-ah. SM doesn’t know about your relationship, but that doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t either.” Kyungsoo sat back without having to say anything.

          “Oh, how long have you been dating now?” his managers tone returning softer. I decided to tell him before Kyungsoo did, “Next week would be 100 days.” Wow. 100 days. Has it been that long? I thought it was longer. We pulled up to the dorm and I said goodbye to the two. “I’ll talk to you later oppa. Good night.”

          “Good night Eunsol-ah,” He waved at me. His manager wanted to tease us more as he cooed at Kyungsoo. “I’ve never seen him smile this much. Our Kyungsoo-ah is really happy.” I laughed out loud at the sight of Kyungsoo blushing furiously, looking back at me and his manager.

          A thought came to my mind, “Hold on a second, okey!” I ran into my dorm and quietly snuck in my room. Jimin was sleeping under what seemed like 50 llamas on her bed. I grabbed three of the small llamas by random and ran back outside. They were still in the drive way. I handed the stuffed animals to my boyfriend through the open window.

          “Jagiya, what are these?”

          “Birthday presents for Jimin. She has so many so I grabbed one for you, Tao and Chanyeol sunbaenim.” I didn’t grab one for Tao because of what he told me – okey maybe I did – but because I just figured that he and Chanyeol would like it since it’s cute. “Thank you, I’ll give these to them. Good night.” I waved to them as they drove off.

          On my phone, I saw that it was 3 am already. My eyelids were starting to get heavy as I walked back to my room. “Ugh, I’m so tired,” I whispered to myself before falling into a deep sleep.

 


 

A week later

          I went to EXO’s dorm to hang out with Kyungsoo for our 100 days together. Half of my group have a schedule at a variety show to start promotions for our comeback as well as some EXO members. Kyungsoo told me that Baekhyun, Jongdae, Tao and Luhan would be home with us. I didn’t mind, I always liked being with my sunbaes. They were the ones closest with me alongside the f(x) sunbaes.

          I’d be lying if I said I didn’t spend at least three hours on figuring out what to wear. It’s natural for a girl to want to look pretty for her boyfriend.

          I was thinking about getting him something but I did steal a stuffed animal from Jimin – which she hasn’t noticed because let’s be honest, she has over 200 of them – so I didn’t want to overburden him with too much stuff. Plus I think that giving to many things are annoying.

          A knock on my bedroom door breaks me from my thoughts and I let them come inside. “Eunsol-ah, are you ready?” Manager Hoon asks me. Giving myself a final check in the mirror, I nod and walk out to the van.

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

          I woke up early – sometime around 8 am – to go out with Luhan and Junmyeon for advice on what to get Eunsol for our 100th day anniversary. I had no idea what to do or what to get her. I specifically asked Junmyeon since he has dated before.

          Should I get her a stuffed animal? She gave me one. Beauty products? Girls like that stuff. But which kind do I even get her? Scented ones?

          “Kyungsoo-yah, what about couple rings?” Junmyeon suggested.

          “Isn’t that a bit risky? Won’t people catch on to those?” Luhan asked. He has a point, but it’s also a good idea. We’re secretly dating from the company and public but I’m a bit possessive. “Where can I even get couple rings? I don’t even know her ring size either.”

          “She’s petite and her hands are small so maybe a size 5?” Junmyeon said. We went to a small store and they helped me pick out a good couple set. Junmyeon made sure that it looked plain enough that no one could catch on to. Accessories aren’t unusual with what we wear on stage so I doubt people would notice.

          A phone ring comes from his pocket and he answers. Our manager is at the register pretending to buy it for me. Next to me is Luhan looking at other items in the store. “Kyungsoo-yah, do you want me to get all the other members out of the house so you could be alone with Eunsol?”

          “No, it’s fine hyung. I’d rather you guys stay so it’s not so awkward and quiet.”

          Junmyeon returns to us as we climb in the van to go home. He told us that Chanyeol called to let him know that he and some of the members are ready for their scheduled activity later today. I still have a bit of time to get some rest before she comes to the dorm.

 

Eunsol’s POV

          After seconds of ringing the door bell, I’m pulled in and ambushed by Tao’s arms. “Eunsol-ah, happy 100 days! And thanks for the plush animal~.” He always reminded me of a big kid. Sometimes, I have a hard time realizing that he’s older than me. He put me down and I got on the tips of my toes to reach up to ruffle his hair. “I knew you’d like it,” I giggled.

          Baekhyun playfully pushed Tao aside to give me a hug as well, “How come I don’t get one?” Jongdae also whines about the same thing. I laugh and promise that I will sneak one for each of the members when I can. Luhan comments on how childish the members are.

          “Honestly, sunbaenim, you want one too?” I tease.

          His tongue makes a tsk sound with words following, “Then you should’ve grabbed me one before.” We all gather together laughing in the living room. Tao holds on to me like a child. I still don’t remember how we got close, but I don’t think twice about it.

          A sleepy looking Kyungsoo joins us and takes the empty spot next to me, “When did you come?”

          “Just a few minutes ago. Did you rest well?” He answers back with a nod. For a while, the six of us talked casually with the TV playing in the background. An alarm comes from my phone which only means one thing; Fated to Love You has a new episode right now. I jumped up to snatch the remote from Jongdae’s hand to change the channel. “Hey, watch it. You almost killed me trying to get that,” another signature whine comes from him.

          I poured my complete attention into the drama as I text Byul at the same time, almost as if I was watching it with her.

From Byul: What is Gun doing?! He needs to go after Mi Young!

To Byul: What he needs to do is tell them that his feelings changed about the divorce

From Byul: No kidding. How are you doing? You’re not crying in front of them, are you?

To Byul: No, but Tao is

          Tao is a crying mess, yelling at how the characters can’t establish their relationship straight or at the people who forced them apart. Luhan pats the younger members back, repeating it's okey, Tao, it's okey. Baekhyun imitates the main characters dialogue with Jongdae. I was really surprised that the guys would give any attention to it.

          After the episode, Luhan thought that Tao needed to get out so he called their manager to pick them and the two other jokesters up to grab something to eat for us. Kyungsoo and I browse channels for any movies to watch while we waited. Halfway into one, he turns to me, “Wait here.” He disappears into the hallway.

          In that time, I check my phone quickly before he returns. In his hand is a little gift bag. “Oppa, you didn’t have to give me anything.”

          “What are you talking about? We’ve been together for 100 days now. And you gave me something too,” he blushes as he gives me the bag. I look inside and see a box. Opening to see two silver rings different in size, my face heats up and my heart beats faster. “I love it.” He grabs the one that’s his, puts on his, and does the same for me.

          Of course I thought about the risk of people seeing us wear these. But did I care about that right now? Nope. And I'm pretty sure Kyungsoo wouldn't blindly give me a couple ring. He must have gotten worried about getting this for us. I reached forward and placed my lips on his in thanks. He smiled in the kiss and placed his hands on each of my cheeks.

          “Can you not do this right now? I’d like to keep my appetite,” Jongdae’s voice is heard. Next to him are the three other guys holding bags of food. My post-embarrassment instincts kick in and retaliate back, “W-what’s.... what?! I can't kiss my own boyfriend, sunbae?!"

          "Woah there, calm down." Luhan holds his stomach. “Whatever,” I stammer, “I’m hungry, let’s eat.”

         "I think Eunsol had enough to eat, don't you think?" Baekhyun adds. This time, Kyungsoo hits the back of his head, "Don't be a ert."

 

          Today is our 100th day and it was well spent with Kyungsoo and some of my friends. Hopefully we can hang out like this on our 200th and so on.

 


 

A/N: here's a long chapter for you guys! I'm sorry i didn't update earlier ;-; i've been so busy with my classes. So i'd like to establish (and try to stick to) a weekly update. I will do my best to post a new chapter either every Saterday or Sunday.

Now on the poll, I'm thinking of doing another fan fic but I can't decide with who. The poll will end in December 1st. If there's a tie by then, I'll just pick one of the two. I'm thinking a high school!au for this next one. But I'll be focusing on "You Are The One" for right now. There's still a long, long way to go. See you next week!