003

Bonds

"What should I do?"

Taehyung clenched his hand and he could feel his heart was racing. He seriously didn't know what to do. But wait, why did he have to hesitate? Normal people would have been running at her when he saw a sight of her sister in danger like that. But why didn't he do that?

 

He was snapped into reality when he heard a scream from her. He could see tears running down from her eyes as she tried to run away from Hoshi. But of course, it was hard when you are a girl. Well, not really.

 

Jungmin pulled up her phone and tried to call Jimin for help but he never answered her call. She was trapped in a corner as she still made an attempt to call for him or maybe even her other brothers too. But they didn't call back which almost brought her to tears. Where were they when she needed help?

 

"Why are you being so annoying?!" Hoshi yelled and slapped her cheek which caused her to fall. Taehyung's eyes turned into rage and he immediately ran to them. He immediately threw his fist to Hoshi which made the boy fell to the ground. It even made the boy spit out some blood from his mouth.

 

Jungmin was frozen. What did just happen? Her brother, Taehyung, had just saved her. She should be happy but she was too shocked to even smile. Her legs became weaker that she felt like she couldn't even stand up. No, not just her legs. Her whole body felt weak at the moment.

 

"The heck? What did you just do, V?!" Hoshi yelled with Taehyun's nickname as he grabbed the said boy's collars. Taehyung glared at him and pushed him away. Then, he grabbed his sister's hand as he pulled her to stand up. As soon as she did, he dragged her away from the place.

 

"Taehyung! What did you do in there?" Jungmin asked, still didn't really recover from her shock. He sighed and pushed her hand away as soon as they were away from the other members. Of course, Jungmin was surprised but she tried to be positive about it.

 

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that? What are you doing in that deserted place! I didn't know there is someone stupid who still want to pass that road! It was clearly dangerous! What the heck were you thinking about?!" Taehyung yelled which made the girl flinched. Well, he was quite true. She was just too stupid. But his words stabbed her heart. So, her tears slowly went down from her eyes again.

 

"This is so pathetic," Taehyung sighed and put his palm on his face. He wanted to yell at her more but seeing how fragile she was, he decided to not do it. "Next time, be more careful and don't be so stupid. There are many bad guys these days," he told her and turned around, leaving her alone.

 

Jungmin couldn't talk anymore. She could only cry and sob. Maybe she looked like a weakling but she also knew she was one. She felt hurt. She knew that her brother was also true. She was too careless. And stupid.

That word.

 

"Jungmin! Oh my gosh, there you are!"

Jungmin was surprised and turned around to meet one of her brothers, Jimin. He immediately hugged her tight, like he didn't want her to disappear from his embrace. She cried more and hugged him back tightly. This proved her that her family was not really broken after all. Which made her really happy. She smiled in his embrace and slowly, her tears stopped falling down.

 

"Where were you? I was dead worried seeing all of your miscalls. But I am glad you are okay," Jimin said after he broke the hug. Jungmin smiled but she didn't say anything. She was too tired to speak and slowly her sight became blurry and the last thing she saw was a blurry sight of Hoseok running to them.

 

 

 

 

"What did you do, Kim Taehyung?!" Seungcheol yelled at Taehyung in anger. Well, of course he was angry because he felt betrayed. Taehyung was one of the closest to him more than the rest and he dared to betray him just like that? He didn't like that. 

 

"She is my sister! Of course I should help her! What did you expect from me?! Standing and freaking see Hoshi molesting her or something like that?! No, of course not," Taehyung answered back with the same anger. He knew it was going to be like this but he couldn't do anything.

 

"But you broke the rules! You interrupted him and even beat one of our members! What the heck, Taehyung? I didn't know you are this type of person. If I know it will be like this, I will never add you here and will never see you as my friend. So now, I want you to get out from this group. I don't want to see you anymore," Seungcheol said as he turned around so he wouldn't see that person who betrayed him.

 

Taehyung didn't want this happen but he knew it would surely happen. He sighed and went away from them, giving them a cold shoulder as if it didn't bother them when in fact, it did bother him. He wouldn't forget those moments when they hung out and spent some moments together with smiles on their faces.

 

"Seungcheol, are you sure? It's not really his fault anyway," Jeonghan asked as he walked closer to their leader. Seungcheol knew it was not really Taehyung's fault but he couldn't help it anymore. He still felt betrayed. He shook his head to Jeonghan and walked away from the other members. He needed some time to be alone.

 

"Sometimes I am confused at Seungcheol's mood swings," Vernon joked and earned a hit from the back of his head from Jeonghan.

 

 

 

 

Seokjin came back home late and was confused when he saw the rest of his brothers were sitting around the living room, with a lifeless expression and a blank mind. He blinked for several times. This was....not expected.

 

"What are you guys doing here?" He asked as he put his bag beside the couch. No one answered him and he decided to just ignore them as he looked around. He immediately knew that his sister was not there so he asked, "where is Jungmin? It was quite weird to not see her around with you guys."

 

Taehyung grumbled and stood up from the floor, walked to the door and then went out from the house after slamming the door. Seokjin was surprised at this odd action so he looked back at them with a glare as he asked once again, "where is Jungmin? And what the heck happened while I was gone?"

 

Jimin sighed and decided to tell all of it to the oldest. As expected, Seokjin scolded them for not taking care of their youngest sibling and after that, he immediately went to her room to check up on her. He sighed in relief when he saw her precious little sister sleeping so innocently on her bed. He smiled and went to her, grabbing a chair to sit on it.

 

"It's good that you are safe and sound here, Jungmin. I don't know what will happen if there is anything wrong with you. Our precious gem," Seokjin whispered and put some strands of her hair behind her ear. After that, he walked out from her room and closed the door softly.

 

He was happy to see her safe and sound like this. Being the oldest one wasn't that easy (but he could have the power for becoming the oldest, though). He should take care of them and watch them around, which made him very tired. And his parents were expecting him to take care of them as well. What would they react to him if they found out about this matter? He hoped they wouldn't.

 

He went back and found most of his brothers were playing with their phones or watching the television. Yoongi went to Seokjin after that and said to him that he had some words to say. Seokjin nodded as they walked out from the place to have some serious conversation alone.

 

 

 

 

"What the heck are you thinking, Yoongi?” Seokjin said in a quite loud voice and tried to calm himself down after he heard what Yoongi had just said. Yoongi wanted to move out? What kind of request is this? Seokjin was seriously getting a migraine after this.

 

"I need some inspiration and I need some time alone to get that inspiration. I'm sure mom and dad will accept my decision since I am the second oldest and they know I will be fine," Yoongi said, trying to make Seokjin to agree with him. Seokjin sighed and massaged his temples. He definitely was going to have a migraine.

 

"I will ask mom and dad about this. But seriously, Yoongi, why did you choose to leave this house? I don't think there is only one reason to leave this house," Seokjin asked but Yoongi didn't answer him. Yoongi just passed him and went out from the room, leaving the oldest alone in the room.

 

"What happened to us?" Seokjin asked to himself and sighed for the umpteenth time. He went to his wardrobe and took some comfortable clothes out to wear.

 

 

 

 

Taehyung walked along with his hoodie on, didn't know where to go. He believed on his legs to bring him to a place. He just needed some time alone from his family. He cursed under his breath until he met Jeonghan, which was not expected at all.

 

"Wait, V!" Jeonghan called out and walked to him as he smiled when he knew that Taehyung wouldn't run away. "I am sorry for Seungcheol. He's quite a trouble. I'm sure he will be alright later on. Don't take this to heart," Jeonghan told him with a smile.

 

"Stop faking your angelic smile, Jeonghan. And don't give me false hope. I know he won't forgive me. I also know he will think of me as a betrayer and I know he will. But I am also angry that he didn't even think about how I felt as well. He only thinks about what he wants and I hate that," Taehyung said back as he stuffed his hands inside his pockets.

 

"Ah, really? Well, it's your opinion so I can't fight back that much," Jeonghan smiled again which made Taehyung rolled his eyes. Sometimes he didn't like Jeonghan's fake smile. It was just too fake. He wondered how girls fell for him because of that fake smile.

 

"Yeah, now I should go and don't bother me. We are not connected anymore," Taehyung said with his expressionless face and left him, purposely brushing their shoulders with each other. Once Taehyung was quite far away from him, his smile changed into a devilish smirk. 

 

"Oh, Taehyung, you little innocent lamb. I hate you too," Jeonghan said to himself and laughed. Little did Taehyung know, Jeonghan was holding a recorder that recorded their conversation.

 

 

 

 

"What?! What did you just say, Kim Seokjin?!"

Seokjin flinched. Their mother was very scary when she was mad and they knew that very well. The room was filled in silence once she yelled out those words from . She sighed and massaged her temples.

 

"And now, Taehyung is freaking gone. Gosh, I trusted you, Seokjin. I think Namjoon is better than you for taking care of you all. I know I shouldn't trust someone just because he is the oldest one. I am very disappointed, Seokjin," Mrs. Kim said and groaned. Seokjin lowered his head in shame and also, anger.

Why did his mother always compare him with Namjoon? Why?

 

Since they were children, she would always find her ways to compare him with Namjoon. Sometimes he disliked Namjoon for that but he also knew that Namjoon did nothing wrong to him. But he felt that jealousy feeling burning him up when he found that their mother was always saying that Namjoon is better and more.

 

"Calm down, Harin. You know that Seokjin was doing his best and people have mistakes, you know," Mr. Kim said as he smiled. Seokjin smiled at his father. He would always love his father. He always cheered and supported him which made Seokjin happy.

 

"Ugh, I don't care anymore. I have an important appointment tomorrow and I just want to have a good sleep. Take care of your children, Jiyong," Mrs. Kim said as she went upstairs to her room and slammed the door after she went in.

 

"Don't take her words to heart, Seokjin. She was just worried. Oh, make sure Jungkook to study and be in TOP 10. That kid became lazy these days," Mr. Kim shook his head as Seokjin chuckled. His father bid a goodbye and went to his room to have a nice sleep after work.

 

Then, Taehyung arrived back at their house safely which made the rest of them sigh in relief. Soon, Jimin and Hoseok went to Jungmin's room because they were worried. Namjoon left to his room because he was bored and he wanted to study more. Jungkook went to his room without saying anything. Yoongi went to his room because, well, to sleep.

 

"Where did you go, Taehyung? You know this is quite late," Seokjin asked. Taehyung rolled his eyes and went straight to his room, ignoring Seokjin's yell of his name. He immediately locked the door of his room and plopped to his bed. He was just so tired and he wanted to go to sleep to escape this cruel life for a moment.

 

 

 

 

Jungmin walked to her school with a smile. She found Jimin and Hoseok sleeping in her room, with a small mattress with them beside her bed. She was so happy that she even almost cried. They still cared for her. She put a blanket on them as she got ready for school and left them alone in her room secretly.

 

She was still quite scared because of the incident yesterday and she could have a little trauma on boys but she tried to let it pass away. Once she arrived in her classroom, she was surprised when most of her classmates were whispering with each other. She assumed that they were talking about her which she found pretty normal.

 

"Did you hear that we will have a new student in our class?" A girl next to Jungmin's seat asked go her friend. Her friend shook her head in response. "Well, now you know about it.  I heard that he is very handsome and cute! I can't wait for him to come! We are very lucky to have him in our class!"

 

New student? Well, she didn't know about that all. Not that she really cared. She glanced at her twin who laughed with his friends. People would immediately assume that he was happy and all but no, he wasn't that happy at all. She could see some loneliness lingering in his eyes. Why did he want to force himself like that? She didn't know why.

 

"Be quiet, class! As most of you have heard, we will have a new transfer student. Come in," their teacher said (who just appeared from nowhere) and then the door opened, revealing a cute boy who was not that tall like what most of them expected. Well, at least he was cute. 

 

"My name is Lee Chan! Nice to meet all of you! I am from Busan! Please take care of me well," the new guy introduced and bowed. Most of the girls immediately squealed and checked on their faces and stuff. Jungmin sighed and put her face on the table.

 

"Please take a seat beside Ms. Jungmin," the teacher; Mr. Byun, said to Chan. He immediately walked to his new seat and waved to his new classmates. The girls squealed and whispered to each other about how handsome or cute he was. But he didn't notice it, though.

 

"Okay guys, you are all going to be in a group consisted of two people. I will explain about the project after you find your partner," Mr. Byun said and then excused himself from the class. Most of the girls immediately went to the new student to be their partner. Chan was just too confused and he looked at the girl beside his seat. He couldn't see her face because she buried it on the table but he had no other choice. He grabbed her hand and said something that made them shocked,

"I will be with her."

 

Jungmin woke up from her small nap and was surprised when she saw someone holding her hand. Her first reaction was to pull her hand away and looked at the situation. Most of the girls were glaring at her and Hyoara spoke, "why do you want to be with her? She is disgusting and she doesn't have any friends."

 

The rest of the students laughed at her statement, except Jungkook who just frowned at them. Jungmin felt embarrassed and she really wished to bury herself into the ground. It was just too embarrassing. And now, the new guy knew about it already (which she knew he would anyway).

 

"Disgusting? She is not disgusting to me," he spoke out which made Hyoara and her gang stopped laughing. Well, it made the rest of the students became quiet anyway. "She looks very beautiful to me. How can you say that she is ugly? I don't understand you guys," he said once again, using his innocent face and smile. 

 

Jungmin blushed at his words in instant. This was the first time she had received such words from a guy (other than her family). It felt, pretty good. She suddenly felt weird knots inside her stomach once he said that. She didn't know about it (yet).

 

"F-fine! You will regret on choosing that piece of trash!" Hyoara answered back, embarrassed. Then, she asked Jungkook and his other friends to be her partner. Chan sighed and looked at Jungmin who was frozen. He chuckled and snapped her after he clicked his fingers.

 

"Why did you choose me?" She asked, still speechless. She didn't know him and she just met him. Then, this random guy just chose her as his partner where there were more beautiful girls who wanted to be his partner. Why did he want to choose someone who was ugly and weak like her who couldn't even save her family?

 

"Well, what do you think?" He asked back. Jungmin blinked and wanted to say something until the teacher came back from his business. After that, Mr. Byun continued his lesson immediately once he knew that his students had their partners.

 

Jungmin couldn't help but to glance at Chan. She was still confused at him. He was still like a mystery for her and he was like another puzzle for her where she had to find some pieces to connect them together. After that, she went back to the board and tried to throw away those thoughts.

Little did she know, her twin was watching her with a frown.

 

 

 

 

"Why did you want to come here?"

Mrs. Kim asked to her mother who came into her office. Her mother, who was Jungmin's grandmother, put off her jacket and put it on the sofa. She walked to her daughter who was very confused.

 

"Harin, what happened to you? Why didn't you spend more times with your children? They need your love, Harin. Is this job more special than your family?" The old woman asked in a stern but not that strong voice. Mrs. Kim, who was called as Harin, widened her eyes in surprise.

 

"Mom, you know how hard it is to get this job. I practically need to give almost everything to just get this job. I want to spend with my children but unfortunately, I can't. You know how I feel, mom," Mrs. Kim said as she massaged her temples. She still didn't really understand why did her mother come here to ask such a thing.

 

"No, I don't know how you feel, Harin. But your children really, really need you. Especially Jungmin. That poor little girl. I wish you have a heart like you used to have," she answered back which made Mrs. Kim, or Harin, angry. She didn't know why did she get angry but she felt like it.

 

"Don't you just understand, mom? I was working so hard for my family and it was very hard to even get this job in the first place. It was like a dream for me. You should be proud that your daughter became like this. But you just came here and even complained that I should take care of my children more! What do you want more from me? I am tired, I am tired of these things!" Harin yelled as she shut her eyes.

 

Not too long after those words came out from , she felt guilty and slowly opened her eyes when she didn't get any reply. But then, she found out that her mother was clutching her chest and she shut her eyes in pain. After that, she fell to the ground.

 

A pang of guilt came in Harin's heart and she immediately ran to her mother. Her tears started to fall and she panicked. What did she just do to her own mother? She immediately yelled for help and some securities came in after that. They carried her and immediately called for an ambulance to come.

 

She sat on her chair, crying. She knew that her mother was right. She was just too busy with her job that she forgot to spend some time with her family. She remembered how Jungmin looked at her when she came into the house when she ignored her own daughter.

She cried, and cried more. Letting the tears fell from her eyes. She could just hope for her mother to be saved and nothing would go wrong.

 

 

 



 

 

 

Do you like the story? If you do, please subscribe (and upvote if you want to!) :)

A/N :

Yes, yes, the scene with Jungmin and Chan is cliché and I don't have any ideas again lol. So, what are your thoughts about this? Should I really add some romance in this story so it wouldn't be purely drama and angst? (I asked one of my reader about this already and you know who you are ;))

So, Chan is actually Dino from SEVENTEEN (he's my bias lol)! Yes, SEVENTEEN are going to be side characters in here :D you don't have to know them because well, you can imagine them as another OCs (well that's what I do to artists who I didn't know at all so I imagined them as OCs).

I am going to make more Namjoon's scenes in the next chapter so yes, I will make each scenes for them :) and of course Hoseok too ;) Taehyung has more scenes in this chapter, though xD

Sorry for the late update! Thank you for waiting! I love you guys! (Cheesy author here)

See you later! ^^