002

Bonds

Jungkook laughed with his friends as they walked along the hall. Some girls squealed when they came across with one of the popular guys in the school. Not that he minded, though. He knew that he was handsome to begin with. He should be proud of it.

 

"Hey, do you guys want to skip school?" One of the other guys, Mingyu, asked. Jungkook looked at him with wide eyes. He never skipped school before. Also, it was the first time that Mingyu asked them about this. He didn't know if he should accept the offer or not.

 

"Why not? I am bored anyways. The lessons are boring~ I need some fun," Wonwoo, the other guy, replied. The other guys nodded in agreement and looked at Jungkook for his answer. This only made the boy nervous. He really didn't know what to answer.

 

"Why don't you go with us? Ah, is this your first time on skipping school? Oh my gosh, really?" Mingyu teased and laughed. The other guys laughed as well. Jungkook fumed and he was embarrassed. This was wrong. He didn't want to be embarrassed in front of his friends

 

"N-no, you are wrong! I skipped school many times without you! So that is why you never saw me," Jungkook bluntly said. His eyes widened in surprise at his own words. What did he just say? He didn't even know how his mouth moved by itself.

 

"Really? Why didn't you say so? And why didn't you ask us? You little kid," Wonwoo slung his arm around Jungkook's neck and pretended to choke him as they all laughed together. And then, they decided to skip school and went out from the building.

 

But Jungkook felt a bit guilty. Why? After all, he wanted this, that his friends accepted him. Yeah, he didn't want to be alone like the old Jungkook. This was the new Jungkook. He didn't want to be left alone like the old one. No, he hated that horrible feeling. 

But why did he feel guilty? He didn't know the answer, yet.

 

 

 

 

Yoongi sighed. He looked at the clear sky as he sat on the bench with a note on his knees. He didn't know what to write. His mind was blank. This was the first time. Usually, he would always have many ideas to write it into songs.

But this time, it was stuck.

 

He groaned as he ripped the paper and crumpled it into a ball. He threw it into the trash can and it did enter the can. He sighed again and leaned his back on the bench, looking at the same sky again. 

 

He felt, empty. It felt like he didn't have any emotions. He put his note beside him and covered his face with his palms. What happened to him? He asked that question to himself for so many times but he didn't get any answers.

 

Suddenly, a basketball came to his feet and he looked at it immediately. He picked it up and he immediately remembered those times. He remembered when Hoseok cried because he fell down and Namjoon breaking the pole by accident. He also remembered when Taehyung and Jimin fought for the ball. He also remembered when Jungkook didn't want to leave Jungmin, sticking to her like a glue. He chuckled at those moments.

 

Secretly, he did miss those moments. It had been so long since they hang out as a family. A bitter smile came up on his face. He left his family for too long, and he missed them. A long sigh escaped his lips again.

 

Soon, a boy came to him and pointed to the ball. Yoongi blinked for several times before giving it to the young boy. But instead, the boy dragged Yoongi up from the bench and threw the basketball to him, asking Yoongi to play with him indirectly. Yoongi, being the basketball-lover, accepted the boy's offer.

 

They both had fun and Yoongi finally felt happy after a long time. He missed this kind of feeling. He had been busy with all his works that he forgot to have fun. His heart beat in triumph and he enjoyed it. He wanted to feel this kind of feeling again.

 

They finally stopped their small match and sat on the bench together. Yoongi glanced at the boy and asked him, "what do you want to drink? I will buy for you."

The boy could only shake his head and declined the offer, showing a bottle of water inside his bag.

 

Yoongi nodded and ruffled the boy's hair with a chuckle. The boy, smiled back. They both were quiet for a moment, enjoying the small silence they had. After a few minutes, Yoongi decided to ask his name. But after that, he was shocked when the boy pulled out a small note from his bag and scribbled something on it before showing it to Yoongi.

 

My name is Lee Jihoon, thanks for asking.

 

Yoongi raised his eyebrows up slightly in confusion. This boy, he couldn't speak? He didn't want to think about that negative thought but he couldn't help to ask about that inside his mind.

But the boy immediately answered his question.

 

Yes, I am mute. Sorry about that.

 

Yoongi chuckled at his cuteness. This boy was just too adorable for him as he ruffled his hair again. Jihoon could just pout and looked away, pretending to be angry for a moment.

 

"Where is your family?" Yoongi asked. Jihoon's smile fell down and he looked at his knees. Yoongi thought that he said something wrong and he was panicked for a moment before Jihoon decided to write something on his note.

 

My family? I don't know. Can you tell me about your family?

 

Yoongi was taken aback to be honest. That was an unexpected question. He thought for a moment to answer his question and then smiled at the boy before he decided to answer him.

 

"I have 7 siblings, can't you imagine that? Well, two of them are twins but yeah, it's the same. We used to be loud and close, like we couldn't get separated. Our parents sometimes even scold us because of that," Yoongi chuckled as he remembered his past with his family.

 

What happened now?

 

Yoongi's breath hitched for a moment. There was silence. The wind blew their hair and some birds flew away from the tree, to the blue, peaceful sky. With eyes on the sky, he answered with a bitter smile,

"Well, you already know about it. We are slowly breaking apart. It felt like we are not family anymore. It was like we are strangers who lived in one house."

 

 

 

 

Taehyung put on his headphone on his ears and the song in his phone. He walked to a corner and met some of his gang members. No, he was not a gangster. It was just a group full of troublemakers.

 

"Taehyung! Hi there, buddy!" One of them, Seungcheol, came to him and slung his arm around his neck. Taehyung gave a small smile as they joined the rest of the members. Some of the members were busy with their gadgets to even notice Taehyung. Not that he complained, though. 

 

"So...what should we do today?" The other member, Vernon, came up to them. Seungcheol tapped his finger on his chin, showing them that he was thinking. Suddenly, he snapped his fingers and smirked at them.

"I have a great idea."

 

The others members became interested at him and put down their gadgets as they were slowly walking to him. Seungcheol smirked more as he sat on a chair in front of them. But Taehyung only leaned his back on the wall, looking at their leader.

 

"What about this, we tease a girl who we see first. It's easy, just touch her thigh or make her cry. Easy, right?" He offered with his malicious grin. The others could only look at each other before they gave each other their own smirks.

 

"I wonder who will be the unlucky one to meet us," a guy with long hair, Jeonghan, smirked. He had a long hair and he was beautiful so most people would never expect that he was one of the troublemakers.

 

"Okay, let's go and see who will be the girl," Hoshi suggested and then glanced to the left. There, he found a girl walking down and she looked depressed. Hoshi smirked and informed this to the others.

 

"Hmm, just let Hoshi do it to her. It's time for your turn," their leader said and Hoshi grinned. Taehyung, curious who was the girl, glanced out. But his eyes widened in shock when he found out who it was. His breath hitched once he took a glance at her.

"Jungmin...?"

 

 

 

 

Jimin came home and found Namjoon was lying on the couch, watching TV lazily. They both stared at each other for a moment but instantly broke it without any conversations. Jimin went to his room immediately and closed the door a bit loud for Namjoon to hear.

 

He threw his bag to the ground and jumped to his bed immediately. He was tired. Physically, and mentally as well. He was drained. He wanted to just escape this cruel reality and went back to the moments when he was a kid.

When he didn't know anything how cruel the world could be.

 

When he was a kid, he really wanted to become an adult and be free. But once he did, he regretted it. He didn't want to be an adult. He wanted to be a kid forever, if he could. Where he could only think happiness and where he was still innocent of the real world outside.

 

His eyes fell to the photos who were on his desk, showing his family photo who had smiles on their faces. How he wanted to smile again in happiness. It had been such a long time since he felt happy.

 

He pulled up his phone from his pocket and found out that he had some miscalls. He opened it and found all of them were from his sister, Jungmin. What happened? He was filled with worry. He immediately called her and waited for her to reply back.

 

But no, he got nothing.

She didn't pick up her phone, which was odd. She always picked up her phone. He cursed under his breath before he went out from his room and went to the living room again.

 

"Namjoon, I'm going," Jimin said, with his back facing his brother. Namjoon gave him a lazy nod with his eyes glued on the screen. Jimin sighed and put on his sneakers before he went out from the house.

 

He was dead worried. What happened to his one and only sister? He tried to search in some places but he didn't find her anywhere. He ruffled his hair in frustration until he met one of his brothers on his way, Hoseok.

 

"Jimin? What are you doing in here? You seemed, stressed. What's wrong?" Hoseok asked as he walked closer to his younger sibling. Jimin suddenly felt relief washed him over when he found his brother.

 

"It's about Jungmin. I got many miscalls from her when I silenced my phone. But when I tried to call her back, she didn't answer, which was odd. Usually, she would always pick it up or send a message about it," Jimin explained as he looked at his phone in worry.

 

"Let's call the others and see if they see her somewhere," Hoseok suggested and called their other siblings (except Namjoon) but none of them answered their calls, which was weird. They began to get worried and decided to search her by their own.

 

"Where did she go?" Jimin asked, looking around the place in hope to find her. Hoseok shrugged his shoulders and Jimin groaned at the answer.

"Let's just hope for the best and hope that she is okay."

 

 

 

 

Yoongi came back home and he saw Namjoon, still on the couch as he plopped some chips into his mouth. Yoongi sighed and walked to him, pulled the remote and immediately turned off the TV, which had successfully caught his attention.

 

"I want to talk to you about something," Yoongi confessed. Namjoon shut his mouth from complaining and got up to sit on the couch, instead lying on it to give some space for Yoongi to sit. 

 

"What do you want?" Namjoon asked. There was a serious silence going on between them and he didn't like it. It felt awkward for them. They used to be very close when they were younger and there weren't any awkward situations between them (except when they fought).

 

Yoongi leaned his back and looked up to the ceiling with a blank expression, that Namjoon couldn't guess from it. After a few minutes of silence, Yoongi decided to reply back,

"I want to move away from this house."

"What?"

 

 

 

 

Jungkook bid a goodbye from his friends and his smile was gone from his face. The thought of him skipping school was haunting him. What if the school found out about this matter and told this to his family? 

And the worst, his friends left him behind?

 

He didn't want that to happen. No, he really didn't want that. But the negative thoughts kept coming into his mind and he couldn't stop it. He had been thinking over these days,

Was he a fake? A faker?

 

He put a smile on his face in front of his friends but he felt that he forced himself to do it. Sometimes, he thought that his friends had gone overbroad. But he couldn't say that. He could lose them if he said that. He didn't want that.

 

Suddenly, his phone buzzed in his pocket as he picked it up from his pocket. His eyes turned into hatred once he saw the caller. He didn't know if he should pick up the call or just put it back. But his little heart told him to pick it up so he finally did.

 

"Hello? What do you want, dad?" Jungkook asked and his voice sounded so lifeless. But the caller didn't notice about it. Or maybe he just didn't want to know. He could hear a sigh from the speaker and there was a small silence.

 

"I'm going to China for my work. Please tell your siblings about this. And also, please don't be naughty and be mature. I got some calls from your school that you have drastically changed, Jungkook. What happened? This wasn't you at all. You should be studying and try to be in top 10. Tell me what happened," Mr. Kim said with a stern voice.

 

Jungkook nearly scoff at his words. He didn't like it when his father expect him so much. He was just a normal teenager. Sometimes he envied his other siblings because they could do whatever they want without his father expecting them so much.

 

"If you only want to tell that to me, just turn off the phone," Jungkook said, with the same lifeless voice. "It was useless. I don't care anymore with what all you say to me. This is my life and you don't have the power to control my life. So just go away."

 

Before his father could answer back in anger, Jungkook turned off the call. He wanted to scream in anger and trash everything out but he was in public, he couldn't do that. He put on his hoodie and continued to walk.

 

 

 

 

Jungmin walked back home after she came to a park to relax her mind. School had been stressful these days. She really wanted to release her stress away from her. But it was quite hard when she had to reunite her own family as well.

 

She was reminiscing her past memories. She chuckled when she remembered how Jungkook kept glueing onto her. He didn't even want to go away from her. Even if she wanted to go to the bathroom, he whined and pleaded to come in (which she declined and told him to just wait). It was cute, though.

 

She also remembered when Namjoon used to protect her from other boys who wanted to be close with her. He would always send his deadly glare to those boys and she was too dense to notice it back then. She sighed and smiled at the thought of that.

 

But then her smile fell down and turned into a frown. It was so happy to remember about the past but she could feel all of those were breaking down. It was like a puzzle. Slowly, the pieces were gone and she had to find it in order to place it back. But she didn't know where it was (yet).

 

"Hey girl? What are you talking about? You seemed stressed. Do you want me to help you to release it?" An unknown voice came up. She snapped from her mind and found a blonde haired boy standing in front of her with his smirk. She gulped when she saw the glint in his eyes.

What was that?

 

"What do you want?" She said back with a strong voice, to show him that she wasn't scared of him. The male chuckled and walked closer, which she stepped back in reflex.

 

"Didn't I already tell you? I will help you to release your stress. I am very kind, am I? The name's Hoshi," Hoshi said with his malicious grin. Jungmin was not dense. She knew something was up as she glared at him.

 

"Do you think that will scare me? That only made you more...I don't know, hot?" Hoshi smirked as he his lower lip. Jungmin gulped and wanted to run away but he was faster as he grabbed her shoulders. She yelped at his strong grip and glared at him. She was scared, but she wouldn't show that to him. It would only made him happy with her being vulnerable.

 

"Let's have fun, okay?" Hoshi smirked as he whispered beside her ear. Jungmin felt her eyes watered and she felt weak. She didn't want this. But what should she do? Her mind was blank, and her body was weak as a paper. 

 

Not afar from them, Taehyung didn't know what to do. She was his sister, he should save her but look, he was hesitating. This felt weird. But if he did save her, the gang would kick him out. He gritted his teeth in anger, and confusion.

 

Why was it so hard?

His heart didn't want to open up to tell him the answer. His heart was closed, sealed who was filled with his deepest bonds with his family. He just needed the key to open it. But the key, was hidden somewhere else where he wouldn't find it before he decided to step forward.

 

 

 



 

 

 

Do you like the story? If you do, please subscribe (and upvote if you want to!) :)

A/N :

Okay, I decided that it wouldn't be only about phones in the story. There would be another problems that some teens have. I hope this would help to inspire people :)

By the way, will Taehyung save her? Will Jimin and Hoseok come on time? Will Yoongi really leave? What about Jungmin?

Just see in the next chapter to know ;)

Just so you know guys, I am not that kind authors who will give happy moments easily. So maybe the next chapter won't be like you expected >:)

(By the way guys, the font size was bigger because I couldn't edit it in Textarea Mode [cause of AFF, duh]. I made this with my phone [always, when I write stories so please bear with me XD])

See you in the next chapter~