001

Bonds

It was quiet.

She could only hear those stupid clicking sounds.

But, there wasn't any conversations.

 

She slowly looked around and found most of the brothers were either having their own problems to handle or because of the gadgets in their hands. Ugh, how she wanted to grab each of their gadgets and burn it off.

 

Why?

Because those magic rectangles made them lose their bonds.

 

At first, she didn't know that rectangle thing can make her family into like this. She thought it was created to help people with their things easier. 

But it only made it worse.

 

"Yes! I got the highest score!" One of her brothers, Jimin, yelled in triumph with a big smile on his face. She remembered that he would always use that smile when they were together. But now, that smile was used only for that gadget.

 

Her twin, Jungkook, was looking at his phone for a long time and she was worried for his eyes. She felt something missing in her life. Something wasn't right. But she already knew what it is.

 

"Oppa, can you help me with my homework?" Jungmin asked one of her brothers who passed her. He groaned a little and just took his cup before leaving the place with the same words as usual,

"I'm busy."

 

She knew he was lying from the start. His voice, it was different. In the past, whenever he rejected her offer, he would have smile on her and said; "I'm sorry, I'll do something for you in exchange, okay?"

How she missed her old brother.

 

"I'm done," Yoongi told them and stood up from his chair before picking up his bag. Slowly, he walked to the door and opened it but he stopped his step. Jungmin had a spark of hope in her eyes as she stared at her brother, hoping that he would notice about their family's problem.

 

Yoongi slowly parted his lips and said something as usual, "I will be late. Don't wait for me." 

She could hear something shatter inside her. Was that her heart? 

 

One by one, they left her alone on the table with no eye contacts. She felt no hunger anymore. She didn't want to eat anymore. She put her fork down on the plate as she brought it to the sink. She went out from the house after grabbing her bag as she slung it on her shoulders.

 

The sky was beautiful, but why weren't her family beautiful anymore? She asked that question in her mind, but yet, she didn't know the answer. 

 

A happy laugh came out beside her house, and she glanced at it. What did she find? She found a happy family. That laugh came from a little boy who had a happy smile on his face as he tried to catch the butterfly, while his parents chuckled at their kid's actions.

 

A smile came up on her face. Seeing that, it made her happy a bit. Just a bit, before she felt sad again. She missed her parents. She missed all those memories when all of them spent the day together. 

But it was gone.

 

With a heavy heart, she walked to school, thinking about what should she do about this.

 

 

 

 

If you think that in school she can hang out or talk with her friends,

You are wrong.

 

She didn't have any friends. No one wanted to be with her. She was the perfect target to be bullied. They liked to bully because of her background and also her attitude. She was too calm and quiet in school. Also, they thought that she was a nerd because they usually found her at the library reading some books.

So yes, she hated school as well.

 

Jungmin walked to her locker and wanted to open it before someone pushed her, hard. She turned around, and saw a blonde haired girl in front of her, giving a malicious smirk as usual.

 

"Hello, nerd. Can't wait to play with you again, do you know that?" Hyoara, the leader of the group, mocked. Jungmin glared at her and the leader pretended to be scared, "Ooh~ I am scared! That won't obviously work, you idiot! I can't wait for lunch time. Bye~"

 

Hyoara pushed her to the ground before leaving her alone with a cackle laugh, along with her minions. Jungmin saw that her books were all splattered around the floor and she had to pick one by one. But unfortunately, some people had to kick some of it from her reach, whether it was on purpose or not.

 

As soon as she picked all of it, she walked back to the locker and put some of it there before pulling some. She locked the locker and walked to her first class with a frown. This is not a good day, as usual. She just had to get used to it.

 

Once she entered the class, people began to whisper among each other, glancing at her, or even glare at her, and also giving her a stare full of despise. She sat on her chair as she glanced at her twin who laughed with his friends. He didn't seem to notice her appearance, which made her hurt.

 

Did he see her as nothing? A dust? A trash? She was his sibling! But she didn't think that he knew her, it felt like they were strangers. She didn't want this. No, she hated this feeling.

 

Before she could talk with him, the teacher came into the class and started out his lecture. Jungmin sighed and opened up her notes before she felt that something hit her. She turned around and found out that it was a paperball. She wanted to ignore it until she found 2 words on it; 'Read Me'.

 

This is Jungkook. Please don't act like we know each other in school. If you do, you will get a trouble after we got home. I'm being serious.

 

She felt her heart shattered for the second time. Was he embarrassed? Embarrassed for having a sister like her? This is truly hurtful for her. She didn't want to accept this. Even though he said that to her, she would come close to him, as a normal sibling. She didn't get scared of these things. She would always try, no matter the risk she would take.

 

After all, she could give away everything and get her lovely family back then doing nothing with their slowly breaking bonds.

 

 

 

 

Tick, tock.

Tick, tock.

She waited alone inside her room with those sounds as her company. Slowly, she brought up her knees and hugged it closer to her chest, to make her warmer for a bit.

 

She was alone in the silent house. The rest of her siblings were going with their friends and her parents were working all day, as usual. She even wondered if they even forget about spending their times with each other. Friends are good, but what about family? The ones who supported you from the beginning until the present?

 

Suddenly, she heard the main door was being opened as she jolted up from her bed. Her legs brought her to the living room, waiting for her siblings to come home. At least one would be okay. And there, she met her oldest sibling; Seokjin.

 

"Oppa!" She called with her cheerful voice and walked to him. She wanted to hug him because she missed his presence but to her dismay, he just pushed her shoulder away and walked to his room without any words being spoken.

Again, she was ignored.

 

She felt her eyes watered, but she couldn't let those tears fall down. That would just mean that she had given up and she didn't want that. She would never give up to make them come back and spend each time together, as a family.

 

She heard the door being opened again and found two of her siblings; Taehyung and Jimin. They both threw their bags to the couch and sat on it as they pulled out their mobile phones. They didn't have any communications even though they were in the same room which made her disappointed. Soon the other siblings came home, except Yoongi.

 

"Where is the food?" Taehyung asked, without moving his eyes away from the screen. Jungmin could just apologize to him and immediately cooked for the dinner. She prepared all the things and sighed with a small smile on her face. 

 

"Dinner is ready!"

No reply.

 

Curious, she went back to the living room and found that no one was there. She knew that all of them were in their rooms and she was too tired to call them one by one. But she also knew her goal; 'bring back her old, lovely family'. So, she decided to call them one by one.

 

Her feet were hurt a bit, but she still tried her best to approach their rooms. She came to Taehyung and Jimin's room and found out that both of them were busy with their own gadgets. Even if they were in the same room, there were no communication, which made her disappointed.

 

"Dinner is ready. Let's go down," Jungmin reminded but she only got a hum from them. She wanted to yell at them for being rude but she had to hold it down first. She was taught by her grandmother that a person had to be patient.

 

"Later."

The same reply she got from them. She wanted to drag them both down but she also knew that it was impossible. So she decided to close the room and went to the other rooms. But unfortunately, she got the same reply from the others.

 

She went back to the dining room and sat on the chair, with no one accompanying her. She brought up her spoon and fork before saying, "thank you for the food." 

But soon she felt tears went down from her eyes.

 

The only sound that accompanied her was some muffled sad sobs and a clock, watching her.

 

 

 

 

Jungmin walked to her grandmother's house on Sunday. She always came to her grandmother's house on weekends. Her grandmother was her only hope and source for her to stay strong and never give up. Her grandmother said she had to try and try to get to the finish line. Even if you fall down, you should still try your best. If you give up, that means you are pathetic.

 

She adored her grandmother so much. She once asked to the old woman to move to her house but the old woman declined, saying that her small and old house was already okay. The old and small house of hers also had many memories to keep that she couldn't afford to leave it alone by itself. Because of that, Jungmin decided to respect her decision and came to her house every weekends to check up on her.

 

"Grandma, I'm here~" Jungmin hollered after she opened the door of the house with her spare keys. A bright smile came up on her face when she saw her lovely grandmother sewing on a small red dress. Her grandmother soon smiled back when she noticed her favorite granddaughter.

 

"Jungmin, I told you that you don't have to come every weekend for me, right? I can take care of myself well," Her grandmother said and Jungmin could only roll her eyes jokingly. Her grandmother would always say that but she chose to ignore those words. She was worried for the 65 year old woman living alone in a small house.

 

"You know that I miss you, right? How can I not meet you?" Jungmin said and hugged the old lady immediately, which made her surprised for a bit. But soon the old woman gave some comforting pats to Jungmin in return.

As usual, she replied with her soft and lovely voice, "Me too, sweetie. Me too."

 

"Grandma, I need to speak to you about something," Jungmin started after they broke the small hug. Her grandmother nodded and continued her sewing activity. "All I did for making my old family comes back, failed. It was so hard. I wanted to give up, but I knew I shouldn't. But it's still haunting me. What should I do?"

 

Her grandmother put the small dress on the coffee table before turning her body to the young girl beside her as she held Jungmin's hands warmly, "The answer is in your heart, dear. Just follow it. Don't listen to what your mind tells you. If your heart wants to bring back your family, then do it. Don't give up until you achieved it. Remember that."

 

Jungmin was touched at her words. She knew coming to her grandmother would be the best. Once again, she hugged her grandmother with delight as the old woman could only chuckle. 

 

"Why don't you just stay here and I will bring some cookies to you, okay?" Her grandmother went to the kitchen and left the young girl alone. Jungmin smiled and touched her chest softly. She believed in her grandmother. She should try her best and never give up.

Never give up.

 

 

 

 

Jungmin stepped into her house and was surprised when she saw her mother in the living room, with many documents around her. Jungmin was too happy to see her mother and her bag that she held even fell down to the floor. 

With her realization, she walked to the woman.

 

"Mom? Why are you here? I thought that you are still working at this time?" Jungmin asked and looked at the documents in curiosity. Mrs. Kim sighed and massaged her temples before putting the document in her hands on the coffee table.

 

"I was here to search for my papers I need for my project. Without it, I would be dead," Mrs. Kim replied and pulled out her phone when she got a call. She groaned a bit before putting her phone on her ear and walked out from the living room.

 

Jungmin frowned. This wasn't expected. She wanted to wait for her mother so she sat on the couch and looked on the documents. Most of them were about buildings and houses that she didn't understand. After some minutes, her mother walked back with an angry face. Jungmin wanted to ask but Mrs. Kim only packed up all the things and walked away to the door. But before she could really leave, she left some words to her daughter,

"I will be late. Don't look after me."

After that, she slammed the door.

 

Jungmin could only stare at the door and slowly her eyes were getting watered again. She immediately wiped it with her hand and stood up from the couch. She didn't want to cry again. But, she couldn't promise to not cry. Her heart clenched in pain and sadness. She grabbed her bag from the floor before walking to her room. After she opened the door, she plopped on to the bed and immediately cry out her feelings. She didn't care if her neighbors will see her as a strange girl. She just... didn't care anymore.

 

She wanted to let it out. Just that. She needed someone to talk to. She couldn't go back to her grandmother. She promised to her grandmother that she would be strong. She didn't want to show up to her grandmother's house as a weak girl. She wanted to show up as a girl who has a smile on her face, that she already finished her goal.

Slowly, her eyes began to get heavier and she drifted off to her dream.

 

 

 

 

Seokjin came home first and ruffled his hair before going upstairs to his room. Once he reached the 2nd floor, she saw the door of his sister's room was opened. Because of his curiosity, he decided to check on her. When he entered the room, he saw Jungmin was already asleep.

 

Seokjin rolled his eyes and pulled out a blanket from the shelf before putting the blanket on her small body. Her nose was a bit red and he presumed that she was crying. Why, though? He did realize that he did something wrong to her and he was guilty of it.

 

"I hope you have a good dream," Seokjin said and carressed her cheek before he went out from the room.

"Sister."

 

 

 



 

 

 

Do you like the story? Please do susbrcibe (or upvote if you want to!) :)

A/N :

So...how was the first chapter? I hope it was good though :D

Sorry for the long wait >.< I found someone unsubscribed but I think I deserved it D: sorry about that once again :(

[ You don't, stupid Author. I'd presume that they're just a very impatient fellow. Also, you wrote it yourself; never give up! - from the Co-Author ]

The next chapter would be showing more about the boys :) 

See you in the next chapter! ^^