Finale

Left.

 

Days passed and Dara and Donghae got closer. Donghae helped her to forget about Jiyong. 

 

Sure, it was hard at first, but Donghae never gave up. He wouldn't commit the same mistake he did back then. 

 

Even though it was hard for the both of them, especially for Donghae for it pains him more to see and hear her cry. 

 

He still didn't give up and distracted her from thinking about Jiyong. 

 

The once solemn and gloomy Dara went back to her usual cheerful self. 

 

The smile that captured Donghae's heart is now painted on her face. 

 

Yes, Donghae was successful in making her happy once again and bringing back the same ol' Dara. 

 

 

================================== 

 

 

I stared at her as she ran barefooted by the shore. 

 

I brought her here at the beach to unwind and to make her happy. 

 

I'm glad I was successful in helping her forget about that damned bastard. 

 

I felt the sand beneath me as I gaze at her. 

 

She stood out unto the rest as she laughed to herself. 

 

Giggles that are music to my ears came from her as she ran to where I was seated. 

 

"Hey. Thanks for bringing me here Hae. " she said as she setled beside me. 

 

"No problem. As long as you're happy." i ruffled her hair as she swatted my hand away in a playful manner. 

 

I just stared at her as she gazed at the sea. The sun is about to set as the sky is turning orange. 

 

"Donghae." she uttered my name as I looked at the sunset. 

 

"Who are you really?" she asked suddenly, catching me off-guard. 

 

I looked at her, my eyes wide. She then glanced at me, her eyes serious and determined to know the answer. 

 

"I'm.. Donghae." I replied hesitantly as I faked a chuckle. I felt nervous all of a  sudden. 

 

I don't know why.. but I think she.. she... knows who I really am. 

 

"why didn't you tell me that you're Donghae. Lee Donghae, Jiyong's bestfriend." she said, her voice strict just like before. 

 

"H-how did you know?" my voice croaked. I'm busted. 

 

"Jiyong talks about you alot when we were still together and he showed me a picture of the both of you. Yes, you changed. That maybe one of the reason why I didn't recognize you immediately but your eyes, your eyes are still the same. " she said, her voice calm and smooth. Different from the tone she used earlier. 

 

I averted my gaze from her and stared at the setting sun. "I didn't tell you cause it ain't important." 

 

"IT IS IMPORTANT!!" she shouted as I looked back at her. My eyes wide at her sudden outburst. 

 

"Why?" I asked her. I gulped, feeling nervous yet again. 

 

"He told me about "it". He held the burden. He said it was his fault you left." she said as she looked down to her lap. 

 

I cupped her chin to make her look at me. "It was no one's fault. I had to leave. It wasn't because of the both of you." 

 

It was silent after that. It wasn't awkward but peaceful. 

 

"I.. still love you." I uttered. I wasn't afraid. Thoughts of her rejecting me didn't bother me. 

 

I'm not assuming for her to love me back but I just want to let her know. 

 

"Will you wait for me?" she asked. I nodded. She smiled, the same smile I love as she held my hand. 

 

She might still love Jiyong but I know.. she'll learn to love me back. 

 

 

================================================ 

 

 

I looked at them both. 

 

Holding hands by the beach as I stood beside my car. 

 

I smiled to myself for I know that I'll leave her with him. 

 

I know he'll take good care of her, my one and only love. 

 

"Jiyong. Let's go. We need to get to the hospital." Seunghyun said as he tapped my shoulder. 

 

I nodded in reply as I opened the door and took one last glance at her. 

 

"Maybe this is goodbye. Remember.. I love you no matter what." I whispered to myself as I stared at her. 

 

I closed the door of the car and drove off with Seunghyun. 

 

 

=========================================================== 

 

 

We arrived at the hospital as I went with Jiyong towards his doctor. He opened the door and I went in with him. 

 

"Hello doc." he greeted as he smiled timidly. The doctor returned his smile and gestured for the both of us to sit. 

 

"I won't beat around the bush Jiyong. " she paused as she fixed her eyeglasses and opened a letter. 

 

"Your case worsened. The medications didn't work. I'm terribly sorry." she apologized. I griited my teeth.  My friend can't die. 

 

"It's okay. at least you told me. this is supposed to be the last month am I right?" He asked casually. The doctor nodded in reply.

 

Jiyong.. he .. has Brain cancer. I was with him when he fainted. I rushed him to the hospital and I was there with him when I heard about the news. 

 

He was devastated. It was said that he only has 6 months left to live. 

 

The tumor already started spreading towards his brain and all. 

 

He wasn't ready.

 

He was planning to propose to Dara but all his plans shattered when he heard the news. 

 

"What about Dara??" he asked me tons of times that Day. 

 

He didn't care about himself but he was more worried for her. 

 

He told me to not tell anyone about his state, especially Dara. 

 

I kept it a secret and watched how he showered his attention to Dara. 

 

He made sure to make her happy, even it was the last thing he had to do. 

 

Jiyong still didn't give up and went on with medications even if it was said he wouldn't live any longer. 

 

He didn't give up for her. 

 

That's how much he loves her. 

 

But why is life so cruel to him?? 

 

His case worsened, and he was left with no choice but to break up with her. 

 

He felt like dying when he saw her cry and leave. 

 

He wanted her to hate him and forget about him. 

 

He doesn't want to tell break up with her face to face for he knows he can't. 

 

He might just tell her about his sickness. 

 

He doesn't want to burden her. 

 

He loves her soo much that it hurted him more when he saw her with Donghae. 

 

He couldn't believe it was him. 

 

His hurt was then replaced with relief for he knows  that he will die at peace for he will leave her with someone who he knows will take good care of her. 

 

It was just all about Dara. 

 

He loved her soo much that he wants her to be happy. 

 

 

=============================================

 

Jiyong was rested on the hospital bed with Seunghyun beside him. 

 

He reached out for an envelope inside the bedside table. 

 

He handed it out to Seunghyun as he accepted it. 

 

"What is this?" he asked.

 

"Please, bring that to Dara." he said and held his friend's hand.

 

"thank you for being with me man. I owe you alot. " he paused as Seunghyun chuckled. 

 

"tell her, I love her." he said, the last words that he uttered. 

 

Seunghyun fought the urge to cry as he called the nurses. 

 

Jiyong died but still.. his love for her remains. 

 

===============================

 

I called Dara to meet me at the cemetery. At first she was hesitant but she agreed no matter what. 

 

I met her at the entrance of the cemetery as I walked ahead of her. 

 

I didn't bother to greet her and directly went to one of the tombstones. 

 

She followed me and stopped as I did. 

 

"Why did you ask me to come here?" she asked. I pointed at his name and picture. 

 

She followed my hand and covered with her hand. 

 

Her tears flowing down her face. 

 

"He had Brain Cancer. He didn't want you to know." i told her as I gave her the envelope. 

 

=================================== 

 

I reached for the envelope. 

 

This can't be true. No, no, NOOO!!

 

I opened the envelope and found a piece of paper and a ring inside. 

 

My tears continued to flow out. 

 

I shakily picked out the paper and opened it. 

 

Dear Dara, 

 

I'm sorry for what I did. I'm sorry for bringing you pain but that's the only thing that I thought of. It's better for you to hate me and forget about me than be in pain even more. I didn't want to leave you but I had no other choice. 

 

Remember.. please. 

 

I love you no matter what. I love you till I breath my last. 

 

- Jiyong. 

 

I picked up the ring inside my sobs getting louder. I gazed at it. There was a message engraved on it. 

 

I love you forever Dara.

 

I held unto the letter and cried. 

 

You'll always have a special place in my heart Jiyong. 

 

Please , remember that. 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

Author's note : 

 

 

Did you like the ending?? No kidding but I cried a bit while I was writing about Jiyong dying. I can't imagine that happening. I hope you guys like it and appreciated the story's ending and all. 

 

 

Left is now signing off. 

 

 

Bye, bye!! 

 

See you on my other stories. Hahahaha!!

-Majo401