Adamant winner

Dangerous, Especially For Himself

 

 

“Don´t tell me you are sobbing over there,” Donghae sighed and slapped my back because he couldn´t see into my face.

“You made me cry, that´s why,” I countered a little weakly but what else could I do?

It was unnatural for a human to want to interrupt his life. No matter how much I think about it, something really serious must have happened to Donghae to make him so desperate for dying. An event so horrible that I was honestly scared to ask about it. Even just like that I was already walking around Donghae on tiptoes, asking him uncomfortable questions was impossible for me. But with my mouth closed, the emotions still refused to stay at bay and kept pouring out and all over me. Just like the tears right now.

“You have no reason to cry. I don´t cry either. And it´s not your problem anyway,” Donghae kept adding sentences that didn´t connect together well and I was wondering, if he was scolding me or trying to comfort me. The man was just simply too complicated.

“Are you feeling better then? Now that you are here I mean,” I mumbled against the armrest, still not confident enough to turn to face him. He did say that he came here because he was feeling disturbed. But instead of an answer, I only heard him sip from the cold beer.

“I believe you are the one feeling worse because of me now,” to my surprise Donghae showed a little concern. Or maybe it was just a joke but it made me raise my head finally.

“I´m fine,” I sighed and brought my torso back up to lean against the backrest. From the resigned position I turned my head to look at Donghae and quickly blinked the tears away. The man in smiley printed pants looked over at me and with my best efforts, I showed him a sincere smile. “What do you want to do? A game?” I offered.

“Sounds good, I will crush you, tho,” Donghae smirked and I had to chuckle. Maybe I´m just being overdramatic? Perhaps, if I gave him the chance and some time he would open up to me? And there is still that possibility Donghae himself might not be aware of, that he came to me to search for solace.

We sat down between the sofa and coffee table and I brought the game consoles. We decided on playing soccer because Donghae claimed he was the best at the game. I didn´t care, he seemed to be quite eager to win. Or more like he wanted me to lose. The only thing I wondered about was what would happen, if I possibly won.

“Not fair, Hyukjae! I wasn´t ready!” Donghae exclaimed and shoved me with his arm. It made me laugh because the latter was already losing big time. I couldn´t believe how much fun it was to play with him. He was like a real soccer player, faking all possible pains! Once he even claimed that he burnt his tongue on the tea and that´s why he missed the goal. The tea that was long cold.

“I win!” I couldn´t but cheer once the score showed up on the TV. I began dancing and flailing my arms in victory. And at first it looked like I would get a beating from Donghae. He didn´t seem like the type to take loses well but he managed to surprise me.

“Since you are getting a fat prize for all those goals, I guess you can pay for the dinner too,” he remarked and I frowned at him. Yet I couldn´t possibly feel cheated since Donghae´s smirk wasn´t what it was trying to be. The corners of his mouth were a little too up and the empty eyes as if had another side, a little brighter. Donghae was obviously trying to hide a smile.

“Of course, as a very rich soccer player I´m treating you to a pizza, how about it?” I grinned and made it even harder for Donghae to suppress the uprising corners of his lips.

I went to the kitchen and called the number that was stuck on the fridge. I wasn´t a very good cook so I had many fast food delivery numbers on my fridge. But who cares, at least I have enough to feed myself. And unexpected guests too. I ordered the food and returned to the living room where Donghae managed in the meantime to turn on the lights and put up a movie. I didn´t know they were showing a hollywood movie on the TV tonight. Nice, I thought.

The pizza arrived in about thirty minutes and we settled on the sofa to watch the movie. I completely forgot that the man in the room with me was Donghae. He was a lot different today and every second I expected him to snap at me and ruin the evening. But nothing like that happened. We finished the pizza, then the movie and then Donghae stood up to go home. Of course he didn´t thank me for the dinner or anything but I knew he felt thankful and I was glad.

“See you again then,” I unknowingly said and closed the door. I didn´t even realise that I was looking forward to seeing him again nor that I was being stupid and careless. But that was the me at that time. The me that missed the hint of the upcoming consequences.

The following week I passed in the theatre. We had a premiere coming and everyone had to attend the everyday meetings. I had to call off all my shifts in the zoo in order to prepare myself for the performance. It´s true, just as Donghae was so gentle to point out, I´m not the main character and not even the supporting one. I´m a nameless character in the crowd but according to Kangin´s words, everyone had to bear the same weight of responsibly and come to the practise diligently. And I loved practising with the group.

On Thursday, the day before the premiere, I was just going home from the practise. My muscles hurt, therefore I was instructed to take a good care of myself. Of course I had no complains against that. I couldn´t wait to get back home and take a hot bath. I was daydreaming until I bumped into crowd on the street. I apologised but nobody paid me any attention as they were all looking up. Being curious I followed their stares and my eyes landed on something I hoped I wouldn´t see.

“Donghae!” I panicked and quickly got my own audience.

I couldn´t believe it. Above me was opened a window of the tall building. Donghae was standing on the windowpane and holding the frame. He was looking somewhere to the front with those empty eyes again and didn´t seem to hesitate at all. As if he was simply taking his time.

“Donghae! You idiot, get inside!” I yelled with all my might. “Quiet!” I had to scream at the crowd around me. How could Donghae hear me over those murmurs? As if on magic, everyone let me have the word and I quickly used my chance.

“Donghae! What are you doing?!” I tried again and this time the suicide heard me. He glanced down but his eyes remained empty. I couldn´t take that kind of stare, it was heart-breaking. But this wasn´t the time to feel hurt, I had to stop him from jumping or I wouldn´t be able to live with myself. I couldn´t let him die no matter what. Flashbacks from the last weekend flooded my mind as tears flooded my eyes. I couldn´t see him properly, only knew that he ignored me.

“Don´t do this, come with me,” I tried to tempt him. If it worked before, it could work again, right? He felt fine with me, so maybe he could endure the pain this time too. But all I was given was a cold glance.

And then Donghae let go of the frame and was standing there just on the windowpane, waiting for the wind to blow him down. If he falls and hits the pavement, he´s dead immediately. My body began trembling to the point that I began retching. Holding back my gag reflex, I decided for the last solution. I was scared, I was scared as hell but for some reason I was prepared for the sacrifice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fanservice:

The fan bought a chocolate and the price for it at the display case was 8,000 won.

She thought it was 8,000 won but when paying, Eunhyuk said it was 13,000 won, so she was surprised.

Hyuk then looked at the back of the chocolate case and said: "This is actually 30,000 won but I’ll sell to you at lower price."

When she looked at it, there was nothing at the back of the case, just that troll Hyukjae was happily trolling.

 

 

 

 

Hello! I wonder, if I missed this time with the genre or if eunhae fans already left the fandom since the boys are away. I hope not. Today it´s so gloomy outside, even the trees that were snowing golden leaves yesterday are dark and wet today. So weird, it´s making me sleepy. I have to wake up quickly and do my work. How are you guys doing? Anyway, thank you for reading and take care! - PandaHero