Obnoxious suicide

Dangerous, Especially For Himself

 

 

“That´s something only an idiot would do,” Yesung remarked. I nodded.

We were sitting in the staff room and drinking hot tea. We were naturally talking about the incident from this morning and having hard time comprehending. It happened on my way to the aquarium, I met the guy from yesterday. He was trying to get into the cage with lions. I panicked and quickly pulled him down and called for the security. In the end the guy said that he only wanted to get closer and play with the animals.

“I think he´s sick,” I told Yesung, who agreed. “I actually saw him yesterday.”

“Really? You know him?” My superior almost spilled the tea on himself. Fortunately he managed to safe his green pants and the dark liquid ended up on the floor. I chuckled and raised to get the mop.

“You wouldn´t believe this,” I sighed mopping the floor tiredly, “when I was returning home in the evening, there was this nutty that ran across the street on red light and almost got hit by a truck.”

“That guy?” Yesung´s eyes widened as he put his previously raised feet back on the ground.

“Yep,” I answered and went to put the mop away. I returned to my seat and finished the rest of my hot tea.

“Could he be a suicide?” The black haired man then frowned.

“Possibly,” I mumbled a little dejectedly. I didn´t think of that before but Yesung was probably right. The brown haired male did act weirdly and his behaviour could have fatal consequences, that´s true. And as selfish as it may sound, I hope I wouldn´t encounter him ever again.

But, indeed, one shouldn´t be too selfish. About two weeks had passed since the incident in the zoo. I was in the park that´s the closest to my house, walking my dog. Choco was skipping around the pavement, looking for the best place to crouch down. I was lazily strolling behind with the leash around my wrist. It was already evening but we were walking under the yellowish street lamps. It was a little cold but I had a thick scarf tied three times around my neck and thus capable of a leisure tempo in this weather.

Suddenly I overheard some weird rustling and a few groans from the bushes not far from me. I stopped walking and Choco´s ears twitched. I frowned when I heard some more grumbling, maybe it´s a homeless person? I better leave him alone. But what if it´s somebody having troubles? I was mentally fighting with myself whether to go or ignore the sounds. But then it could be someone in pain and when I open the newspapers tomorrow and find there an article about a dead body, I will feel super guilty for the rest of my life.

Slam! A loud cracking sound and a pained cry made me decide right away. If it was a good decision, I would find that out later. Now I fearlessly dove into the bushes and pretended that Choco was a mastiff and not a little pomeranian. With a little bit of courage I took out my phone and used the light to find the source of the crying. To my shock it wasn´t anyone else but the brown haired suicide. He was sitting on the ground with a rope tied around his neck. Behind him was lying a branch tied to the other end of the rope. The man was crying and angrily hitting the ground.

“Are you alright?” I asked him completely baffled. What do you say to an unsuccessful suicide when you meet him for the third time? Well, I said the same as the previous times and the response was also the same.

“I´m fine,” the dishevelled person mumbled embarrassed noticing me standing in front of him.

“I see,” I answered awkwardly. What do you say next? The right answer is nothing because the man usually runs away. But no retreating was to be expected from the annoyed man and so I had to think of something else then: ´Have a nice evening´.

“Do you remember me?” I decided to ask. Maybe if he realises that I´m a familiar face, he will be able to relax a bit. In his state, I don´t think it would be the smartest to leave him alone.

“Do we know each other?” He asked me instead, scanning my face. I was once again speechless. At least Choco was feeling fine, she found a place in the bushes, where no one else has pissed before her.

“Not really, we met some weeks ago in the zoo,” I said in the end and couldn´t help the irritation. It was hard to feel pity for someone like this guy.

“Ah,” he looked up at me and there was a light in his brown eyes. “No, I don´t remember.” He said and I realised that it was only the illumination of my phone. This guy was a jerk.

“Well, I´m quite ordinary after all,” I answered and hoped he would notice the menace in my tone. Strangely it probably worked because the man was surprised by my harsh voice and the passivity and lack of emotions got intercepted by genuine curiosity.

“On the other hand, I would say you are quite interesting,” a small smile crept on his face. “Do you have time?”

The expression on my face couldn´t have been read as anything else as astonishment. Who does this guy thinks he is? Wherever he goes, he brings only troubles and isn´t sorry for it at all. Is he mocking me? Do I look funny? I came because I was honestly worried and all I get is this . If I have time? For idiots like this one definitely not!

“Why?” Against all my thoughts I asked. I´m a softy, you see.

“My plans today got cancelled so I wondered, if you wanted to go for a glass or something,” the man said and stood up. He got entangled in the rope and had to fight with the branch before he was able to look at me again. His stare was full of darkness. “Since we apparently know each other already,” he smirked.

That was the last straw for me. I had to go to work tomorrow morning and I definitely wasn´t going to bring Choco to a bar or anything like that. And most importantly I had no reason nor want to pass my precious time with a douchebag.

“I´m busy,” I said simply because I felt like saying anything more to him would be just a waste of time.

“I´m Donghae, nice to meet you Mr. Busy,” the suicide retorted with that arrogant smile plastered on his dirty face.

“That wasn´t funny,” I fumed, “please go and have some rest, I think you perhaps managed to cut off the oxygen from your brain for too long and things went wrong. If they were alright in the first place.”

“Agreed, your remark was funnier,” Donghae laughed instead of taking my anger seriously. I considered saying something ugly to him without any joke so he would understand how irritated I became. But then I realised I was talking to a suicide and consoled myself with the thought that I made him at least smile. I think I can sleep with that.

“I mean it,” I sighed. “Get some rest and if I catch you trying to die in front of me for the fourth time, I´m seriously killing you with my own hands.” I told him with a small comforting smile. I decided to be nice before I leave him here.

“Makes me want to search for you instead,” Donghae laughed darkly, “so my death would be ensured.” I sighed.

“Donghae, look at me,” I told him and he raised his eyes in annoyance. He probably expected some heart to heart conversation that would be fitting for this sort of situation but utterly useless. For this reason I decided to not play the teacher. “I´m a zookeeper with a tiny fluffy dog. Do you really think I don´t wish for anything else but to see your dead body? Stop being selfish.”

I huffed and picked up Choco that was already getting bored. I sniffled for the last time and turned off the light on my phone before the battery dies down. Darkness enveloped us but I didn´t wait for Donghae to say anything. Instead I walked out of the bushes and under the warm yellow light of the streetlamp. I guess I like light much better than darkness. I was about to leave when Donghae came running after me.

“What´s your name?” He called with his eyes lifeless but wide.

“Mr. Busy,” I stuck out my tongue at him and laughing left the park.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

fanservice:

I said “Oppa fight me”.

I had prepared a reason to say after EunHyuk replying “Why?”, but instead he replied “Sure!”

 

Hello! I was super busy this week because of school but here´s an update for you. Enjoy and have a nice day! - PandaHero