Chapter 9~

Arranged marriage to who?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arranged marriage to who?

Chapter 9~

Put your seatbelt on.


 The days have gone passed quickly and the weekend is now on. Grunting softly, Seohyun stretched her body and contain a smile as realized that it's weekend which means no school. She didn't open her eyes and decided to sleep again but before she could even hug her pillow, a sharp slap on her arm made her jolt awake. Wincing and hissing, Seohyun stared at the woman with amusement and mother-how-could-you face, while caressing her in pained arm.

 "What was that for? Are you crazy?"

 Receiving a slap again on the other arm, Seohyun realized that she said something wrong.

 "You rascal. I've been calling you and this is what welcomed me. It's past 8 and you're still sleeping. Yah! Do you think you live with a maid, huh?"

 Puffing her cheeks, Seohyun stared at her mother as if she's serious and just by seeing that glare, she knew that she's hella serious. Well, it's not like she's not used at her mother's abusive self. 

 "You. Go downstairs, breakfast is ready and after breakfast, wash the dishes. Then, clean your room as well as your bathroom... Yah! Are you listening?"

 "Of course, mother. I'm listening, can't you see?" Smiling sarcastically, Seohyun received a glare back from her mother.

 "This... Ugh! I'm getting older everyday whenever I talk to you."
 
 "Psh. Everybody's going to get old anyway." The lass whispered but unluckily, her mother hear her. Pinching her left arm that she slapped, Seohyun couldn't help but to pout her lips.

 "Get out of your bed or else..."

 "Okay. Okay. I'm up, geez."

 As her mother walked away from her room, Seohyun blew her bangs and jumped back to her bed. Nah, she needs enough energy for all those chores her mother had been blabbering around. But the luck isn't in her way as she heard her mother yelled downstairs, well, it's time to work.

 "I'M UP!"


 Tying her hair into a messy bun, Seohyun began scrub harder at the stain on the tiled floor of her bathroom. She didn't even know what's that stain nor where the hell it came from. She could feel the stickiness of her body since she's been sweating all day. Well, after cleaning the bathroom, she'll devour herself in a long cold shower.


 "So... How are you and Luhan?"

 Seohyun almost choked from her apple when the person she least expect to ask about it is actually the first one to ask. She shrugged her shoulders and began to eat the food she's been craving since she saw an old notebook with apple as the cover photo. The mother though, looked at her suspiciously and frowned when her daughter's not complaining about him like she usually do. There's like something with her.

 "Are you sure that your not falling for that guy, yet?"

 "Really, umma? Why are you pushing me to marry early when the other parents doesn't even want their daughters' being touch by guys."

 "Seo... It's not that I don't treasure about your youth days, it's just that I made a promise. And a promise will always gonna be a promise. I hope you understand."

 The lass turned her gaze to face her mother and there's seriousness in her eyes, something that tells her that she's really into this arranged marriage thing. Sighing softly, she held her mother's hand and smiled with comfort in her eyes.

 "I know. And what can I do about it anyway, I'm already engaged. I guess I have to accept this fact."

 "Don't worry, Luhan won't let you down. He's a really good guy and even though he's a quiet person, I can see that he cares for you."

 "Okay... Can we not talk about this? It's kinda awkward, you know."

 "You're really like your father."

 

 After all the chores and of course, her long cold shower, she went out to buy some things she need for the trip. It's funny how her mother reacted at her attending such trip, and said it's the first time she heard it from her daughter, personally without any force. Mrs. Wu even checked if she's sick or just getting crazy, lately. Well, no one would know whenever you feel like going, right?


 As she arrived at the near convenient store, she quickly got a hold for food. Banana chips, potato chips and some sweets like marshmallows. A sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter