A Master and A Priestess (Act II)

Born To Serve (The Sliver Mistress)

He sorted through Lillian's ingredient cabinet, looking for a strong Quik Dust to get him back to the court house.

Esther was possessed and was summoning death creatures, granted she was powerful enough in her own. He wasn't sure she was fully capable of controlling people and creatures.

She was something new and forbidden now, something old history books warned you about. She was at her fullest level and Maddox was going to drain her soon. 

"You need to calm down, your breaking my bottles" Lillian steamed in the background.

A minute ago she was so happy to see him again but when she found how he got here, she grew angry and bitter.

"I say you should let her clean up her own mess. If she kills them all, the shadow chancellor can throw her in jail" Lillian snipped.

Jonghong ignored her as he continued to dig through the cabinet. His knowledge on magic was limited, he was blessed magical but because he was taken in by a noble family. He never went far in magical studies.

When he found the jar of quik dust he slammed the doors of the cabinet. Lillian jumped in surprise.

 She wore a sad look on her face, "I wish you would just let her go. I have a vision during my meditation" she began her half truth. "Someone is going to die soon and I don't want it to be you. She sent you here to be safe, maybe you should stay here."

Lillian so badly wanted him to stay and nearly said he should there with her. But even if he did, Kailer wouldn't be happy about that. She didn't care though, he was her imprintee and all she wanted was for Jonghong was to love her back.

Was it so hard? So bad for her to want what her heart so badly desired?

~*~

To think using Quik Dust would be a smooth transition to your destination was ever so foolish.

  The moment his feet hit the ground, his head swam violently, his stomach threatened to spill and the body tingling was enough to wish for death. 

 He couldn't apperate as quickly as Quik Dust and you could travel short distances with apperation. Time was not on this man's side today. He had to bind Esther as soon he could, if he didn't get to get quick enough, goddess knows what she could. Especially when that ruddy locket was around her neck.

He swore when he laid eyes on Maddox he would deck him good.

 Rushing inside the main court where she was last Jonghong kicked the cursed door in, to find people hiding under the wooden seats. Their eyes going from red to brown in fear.

Esther was sitting cross legged, floating about the podium. Her eyes closed and her hair dancing wildly around her unnaturally. She was chanting.

The Nephiliem she had ordered were caught in a oddly black colored web, it seems to be coming from the ground. It held them tight. Crushing them until their old, dirty bones cracked and turned to dust.

"Well that takes care of that problem." Jonghong muttered to himself.

"Nice to see you finally joined the party" a fimilar snarky voice said behind him.

There sat Soran on top of the woods seats nonchalantly, eating a blessed Apple.

"Stealing holy foods again?" 

"Sometimes it nice to feel the holy spirit inside me" Soran laughed arrogantly. "It makes me feel alive"

Hopping off the bench Soran let the blessed apple fall, smashing itself upon impact with the floor.

"Oh my what have I done" he feigned shock.

Something felt off about his dear old friend Soran, yes while he was always being sarcastic and pretentious, something was cruel in his aura 

"You're eyeliner is smudged" Jonghong pointed out.

Soran just shock his fringe out of his eyes. There it was yellow like his own. Jonghong fought the urge to step back.

Soran was feral!

"What's wrong, you look a bit pale my friend" Soran purrs roughly like a mountain cat.

"Nothing thought I saw something in the shadows"

"Seeing things are a bad omen"

Jonghong said nothing and continued to observe his now feral friend. He was full blood mistling, his family was as old the magistrate's. If Jonghong was careful Soran would be aware that he was aware of his current state.

 He couldn't do that, Soran was powerful and being feral made him dangerous that any Mistling alive.

"What's been going on since I disappeared?" Jonghong asked

"You mean after she banished you to dead forest? Her was casted in blue flame and Maddox awoke her. His claim is pretty deep in her now. I don't know if we can revive her. Also.." he cut off, then lowered his voice "then I woke up and I was turned"

"Who turned you?"

"Lill- never mind that now"

Was he going to say Lillian? How could she be here and back her cottage. Things weren't adding up.

'They never do " Soran had answered his thoughts.

~*~

Some where in the back , Maddox watched it all in his tiny Crystal. He smiled at the angst in Jonghong's face as he tried to break Esther from her deep meditation.

Poor Jonghong thought it was self induced, he had no idea it was all Maddox's doing. Jonghong was in for a surprise, whenhe saw what came next.

Maddox heard her before she even knocked on the door, "Come in my pet" his voice warm like velvet.

 The woman dressed in a black flowing gown stepped in, closing the door behind her. She placed the giant Crystal ball on the near by table and walked closer to her master.

 When she placed her hand on his leather clad shoulder, Maddox gently patted her soft dainty hand.

"Oh sweet porcelain maiden. Your so kind to me, I'll miss you when you go."

"Really?"

Maddox, smilies kindly, his golden eye's twinkling I'm the spare lighting. "Yes, you were my one true friend."

The girl swooned and tried to keep from trembling.

"Go die like a hero " he took her hand and kissed it.

The young Mistling, felt her heart skip at the romantic gesture, never had a man show her such affection, not even her own betrothed.

Maddox missed her cheek and sent her off to meet her demise.

"ing women, this was too easy" Maddox said to himself as the woman shut the door.

 He rolled his eyes at the things he did to simply swoon her. He couldn't wait to for his bride to awaken, he was done playing with girls, it was time for a true woman worth his time.