rewiring a disconnection. * (PG-16 rating at best)

Born To Serve (The Sliver Mistress)

Smoke fading Esther let go of him.
Running her hands through her hair , she walks away from Junhong. Boredom and hunger was starting to get the best of her. She was starting to get more irritated than usual.

She didn't like whatever was going on between Junhong and Lillian. Yes they were friends from another life but something told her Lillian was in love with her servant.
While Lillian was a mere commoner, she was beautiful like picture from snow white with her beautiful black hair, Porcelain skin and ruby lips. She could him falling for such a girl. And she was much nicer than Esther could ever be.

Being polite made Esther feel ill, just because Lillian was polite doesn't mean she had to...right?

Esther turned around and grabbed her servant's hand...maybe she shouldn't a dress or think of him as such.  Junhong has saved her life , he went beyond his training and duty.

He made her heart throb like crazy and being too far from him made her feel uneasy. She was slowly imprinting on him, but she was sure he would reject her. ONE day touching him will hurt her, so she decided to cherish every time she touch him.

She realized she knew very little about herself just the basic that Junhong had taught her. She knew her family was wealthy from very old money and her father masquerades in the human society to make money but she knew nothing about the clan she was born in.

Who are the Mist? Who were those men who kidnapped her a while back? Did anyone else knew what they were up to?
she had so many questions.

 She remembered that when she younger Junhong would change the subject whenever she asked questions like that. He would imply it was against her father's wishes. He once promised her one day he would tell her.

He was no longer contracted to her father, He was now bonded to her via her name. As long she was a Bellthrone he would serve her.

"Where are we headed miss?" Junhong asked. They humiliated her father there was no way a prideful man would allow them to step foot in that house again.

"The beach house I guess" she hadn't put much thought into it. No one ever went there, it was often to bright but her father kept it for bragging rights.

She doubt her father would care of they stayed there for a few days.

He and her mother loved to act as if they were perfect society people. They had it all, money, looks , a beautiful daughter and more land they knew what to do with. In reality they left her nannies as soon as they could before bringing Junhong home.

They left him to raise her, he was no more older than her. He was all she knew.

*

When they arrived Junhong began adapting the house to suit their needs. He put up new black curtains to block out the sun and cleaned the rooms they would be sleeping in.

He was nearly done sweeping the beach facing patio when Esther came from behind him and wrapped her arms around him. She blew on his neck, sending chills down his nape.

He wasn't sure what was going on but he was damn sure not to interrupt and ruin her lapse if judgement.

"Your such a old fashioned fuddyduddy." She whispers in his ear.

"Woman were just not forward then" his voice faltering slightly.

"Does this bother you?" She rubbed circles around his belt, slowing when he tensed.

 She admired his constraint but it hardly time not place to be so darn stoic.

Trying again she rubs in circles , fingers slipping into his waistband. Smiling at his lack of resistance, maybe he wouldn't pull away just yet..

He sighed and Esther pulled away feeling ashamed she looked down at her feet. Afraid of the expression on his face. She should of known she went to far , that he wouldn't fall for the woman he practically raised..It wasn't fair.

She was so use to getting what she wanted and so use to knowing that a little appeal would get whomever she wanted.

I'm sorry" she said, refusing to look at him.

"For what?" He said he assumed she was embarrassed too.

"I should if known you would never like a girl like me." She mumbled.

"Why would you think that"

"I know, I know its stupid, never mind. Forget it"

She turned to go back in the house, she never done anything like this before. Usually men would throw themselves at her when she batted her eyelashes at them.

Never in her life had she felt so exposed, so insecure. She began to wonder what miss snow white had what she didn't.

Junhong knew he missed an opportunity but he didn't want to appear less than a gentleman towards her. The things he wanted to do, to say weren't appropriate. Plus the shock of his Mistress coming on to him was unreal for him.

He wasn't sure what he wanted, he wasn't sure if was because he imprinted on her 6 years ago or if he just simply loved her. He wasn't sure and he didn't want it to fake.

He could sense her disappointment and he knew he had to make it up to her. Since the trouble was mostly over he decided to take her haunting to apologize for his prudish rejection.

 Had he actually rejected her though? After all her did lately how could she doubt how he felt. He may of not knew what to make of his feelings for her but he made it clear he wanted her.
He defied his own master for her. He suddenly missed the days where things such as that wooed the ladies.

On the porch he stay and watched the waves crash on the beach. The sun setting in the distance, he drinked in this moment of pure stillness. There was no urgency and there was no longer a need to be on guard. It's been a while since he could breathe in calm air.

   Once the sun had completely went down Junhong went to find Esther. He was set on making it up to her. He was aware she hadn't eaten in awhile, and keeping her calm would prolong the binding Soran casted.

At first she didn't want to go but gave in when the sound, the smell of his blood became too much. She was worried that she would lose control like she did that  night she was taken. Also she would rather feed on her servant then feed on nobodies.

" if your worried you'll repeat what happened last time. Don't worry I'll watch you" his voice dropped an otive.

She just looked at him, she knew he would but she couldn't shake off being rejected.

"Let's go"

~*~

As promised he made sure to watch her carefully as they feed, through he pretended that he wasn't concerned but to tell the truth, he was terrified. He worried feeding on a mortal would revert her and he imagined a feral woman would be unpleasant to experience to be had.

It went okay, the only thing he had to remind of her was going slowly, so she didn't scare their prey. Fear make the blood pressure rise and taste awful.

They feasted on the neck of a beautiful stranger they found near the train station, lured her into a alley way. When they were satisfied , Junhong erased her memory and sent her back to the station.

 He tried to congratulate Esther but she walked ahead of him, claiming to be tired. When he went to her head to figure out what could be bothering her, he found nothing but her replaying what had happened between them. Then a glimpse of what she wanted to.

That was frustrating , he wondered how he could of missed a clue like that. Granted he wasn't too keen on her putting her hand down his pants, but he was aware how easy it would to act on instinct. He was gentleman, he was just doing the right thing. 

The first thing she did was go the liquor cabinet, she pulled off the small padlock to grab a bottle of vodka, and the mix. 

"What's with this?" Junhong asked

Esther didn't reply she just eyes him at the island counter as she twisted off the bottle cap. Slamming down the glass she retrieved from the kitchen rack. She looked mildly annoyed.

"If you still upset about earlier, I'm sorry I"

She pointed the knife she just picked up at him "No one told you to speak!"

"Your acting childish."

She walked around the counter, slamming down the knife."I'm acting childish? Your the one getting squeamish at a little touching."

"No I didn't" he defended

"Right. I'm imagined you pulling away to sigh. I'm sorry I'm not your snow white girl, I bet you like me better if I lived in the woods"

"What are you even talking about Esther!"

"You know what I'm talking about. If I were Lillian you would of kissed me already!"

He looked at her like was mad, " First off I have no feelings for a woman who imprints on me and abuses the imprint to mess with my head. Secondly you have done many things like that to me to get your way. Sorry if I didn't know you were coming on to me"

"I have not! Don't you lie on me peasant"

"That right there! Maybe that's why I didn't succumb to your flirty nature. You think your better than me. Being imitate with you would be no different from serving you. It wouldn't be anything to you. That is why the ritual didn't take. Your tainted!" If there ever was a time he wish he could rewind time, this was it.

The look of hurt on her face was like a punch to the gut. open and her eyes glassy with tears she wouldn't let fall. Her heart felt like it was empty.

"Are you calling me a ?"

"No goddess no!' He immediately wrapped his arms around her. She could hear his heart beat but it didn't block out what he said.

"I've always admired you Jun" she whispered. 

"I just meant your just like me"

Maybe there was always something he couldn't see and something she couldn't say. She couldn't say that she loved him and he couldn't see that she used her body, her touch, her moments of tenderness to show him she cared for him. She's always touched him, ever since she grew into her adult body. He was just blinded by his servitude to ever see it.

"If I kiss you, like really kiss you, we can't go back"

"I've already imprinted on you"

"So have I "

" I know" she giggled "I've knew for a while. I've allowed you to hear my thoughts. To see my dreams and fears. It was the only way I could show you my real self"

No words could fully support how he felt at the moment. He was mixed with emotions and need. A different need he hadn't felt in a decade.

Without thinking or timing he leaned in to kiss her. Something he wanted to do for a long time.

As they kissed flashes of memories swirled around in their minds. They shared things they thought were forget or just petty. From her first fangs, haunting together, the softness she showed him whenever Her father beat him to her crying in her room feeling hopeless after watching her father 'educate' Junhong as a older teen.

He never knew she felt that deeply for him. Pulling her closer the memories played on and didn't think he could fully control himself. He wanted to selfish, rude and just a bit controlling. She was him, and he was hers 

A pair whom imprint on each other share a bong that is unbreakable, even through death. When the body passes on,  the spirit of the imprint lives on within the mind, and body of the living person. It's a special bond that if done wrong could drive a person mad if it's unrequited. 

A love that transcend life was the achievement for Mistlings.

 As things got heavy a knock on the door startled them, they weren't fit to open the door with their disheveled appearance and red eyes.

The sound of the knock was important, Junhong had only heard that type of knock when someone from the magistrate came to visit his former master for "charity" check.

Nothing good could come from it but one does not ignore the magistrate knock.

With a better appearance Junhong opens the door on the fourth knock.

"Hello, sorry to interrupt your evening" a man in a posh voice and even posher suit said.

"It's fine, May I ask what's going on?' Junhong was sure to talk politely

"Oh yes, I am to give this to you" the man pulls a letter from his blazer pocket, handing bit to Junhong.

 For a second Junhong swore he saw a smirked on the man's lips.

"Well I'll going. Have a good evening you two"

Back inside Esther peeked over his arm to read the gold embossed letter.

Junhong Choi , Mistlings Halfling, Property of Bellthrone Manor

& Miss Esther Amadeus Bellthrone, Daughter of Bellthrone 

 Are here by summoned by magistrate court, to stand and plead their innocene and proper heritage within five days.

We look forward to your appearance.

 Sincerely,

 The Mistling Magistrate