A Master and A Priestess (Act I)

Born To Serve (The Sliver Mistress)

Junhong Choi , Mistling Halfling, Property of Bellthrone Manor

& Miss Esther Amadeus Bellthrone, Daughter of Bellthrone 

 Are here by summoned by magistrate court, to stand and plead their innocene and proper heritage within five days.

We look forward to your appearance.

 Sincerely,

 The Mistling Magistrate

The two of them looked at each other in Amazement, The magistrate Had invited them to stand court.

The magistrate rarely ever contacted anyone personally for anything, they were like a secret organization no one knew exactly who was in the magistrate or how they got their funding.It's been said that they might even have say in the human world as well. Going against them was not an option...

"Do they mean prove proper Heritage?" Esther wondered loudly. "Don't they know who my family is?"

Her haughty attitude was back at the small slight.

"I'm more worried about the proving innocence part. We haven't done anything. Sounds like their going over your father's head"

"They can't do that! We Bellthrone's have been around for centuries'

"About that.. I have something to tell you about your family, especially you father" feeling uneasy about truth, he guided her into the kitchen again and sat her down.

Unsure what or how exactly to explain it, He decided to tell her everything. Even his theory on how her father became the man he is today.

At first Esther shook her head in disbelief and objected at his theory  but soon the cogs began to turn in her head. He could see the doubt begin to build in her eye's.
It pained him to tell her all this and take away her sense of birthright, however he'd much rather she hear it from him than the cruel hearted magistrate judge.

"I'm sorry" Junhong whispered as he grabbed her hand, his thumb her skin. In hopes of soothing her.

"I can't believe my own father is..Halfling!" She nearly spat.

Junhong tried not to take the way she spat Halfling to heart. This couldn't be easy for her. Thinking your top society for most of your life , when your really a half caste had to be world shattering.

"This so confusing." She mumbled

'It's just a theory. I have no proof but it would explain why your father would rather you be ignorant. It would keep you family's honor in tack, and his hand in the council's pocket"

Though he could tell that gave her comfort, he knew she was troubled by it.

"I think we should go to sleep before the sun rises." She avoided his eyes. 

Once again he wondered if he did the right thing. Maybe he should of let her find out via the court, but who knew how she would of taken it.

She was dangling dangerously between sanity and feralness. Something could easily snap the threads that held her together and plunge her into darkness. She was different and Junhong wasn't sure he could save her if the threads to her sanity broke.

~*~

Soran was impressed by the beach house, fingers every where ,touching every piece of fine oak he sees.

"Your father has good taste in furniture" Soran smiled as he held the wooden sculpture.

"Thanks" She says as she snatches away the sculpture from him.

Plopping on the couch, Soran looks at Junhong from upside down. "What do you need now. And how much are you paying, I ain't cheap!"

Junhong ignores him and continues to watch Esther fidget around the living room. They now only had two days until the trial and she was getting nervous each day leading up to it.

Her aura was tight and anxious, it was beginning to affect Junhong as well. He wished he had a way to calm her mind , the only thing he could do was be close to her.

Crossing the room, Junhong walks to where she was , watching the beach waves. He didn't care to hide his affection or cared if Soran saw them.

He kisses her neck as he wraps his arms around her waist. She relaxed slightly enough for him to move her hair aside, and the line of her neck. Her black veins rose at the trace of venom on her skin, beating in time with her slow pulse.

Closing his eyes, he sunk his teeth into her warm skin. Not to feed but give her a bit of his venom to calm her down.

Sighing ,leaning on his chest Esther Bellthrone finally allowed herself to calm down. To let her worried mind wander thoughtlessly amongst happier things.

A strong cough, Brought them out of their moment, Soran sat comfortably in the love seat across from them. "Yeah, Still here guys". His voice dripping with annoyance.

Soran only laughed as they broke away from each other, he then waved his book over.  He looked up at them, his smile fading into a serious expression.

"Whatever it is you need from me now, I want to let you know That I'm on your side no matter what. " He was serious, his tone made Junhong feel like Soran knew more than he let on. "Also, I am a sage not a bloody miracle worker."

"I don't like that tone of yours. If you know something important, spill it"  Esther snapped

 Junhong looked to Esther, then at Soran. The atmosphere around the two of them was tense.

"Esther" Junhong tired to get her attention but her eye's were solid on Soran..

"I know of many things,You'll have to be more specific"

" Do you know who in the magistrate is after my father's reputation? Why is my proof of heritage so important."

"I know not of who is after your father's reputation, But I do know Who seeks your heritage percentage" Soran said calmly as if he wasn't being Interrogated.

". Tell me who"

"I'm sorry I cannot say. I made a vow to never say that name again, I can tell you that the person Who seeks your information is not to be messed with. Especially now with your priestes status"

"I am in danger?"

"Very"

~*~

As usual master Bellthrone stayed mum, he Absolutely refused to tell who he was getting money from and whom he could of angeredhe within years of serving the council.

When is own daughter pressed him, he grew suspicious of her loyalty to the family, They only had a few days and they were getting no answers to their questions.

In the past few days they haven't moved from square one.

Soran was no help as he couldn't even mutter the person who was after Esther name. Which made Junhong suspicious of him. It almost seemed like he was forbidden to see their name, Cursed.

Whom was powerful enough to curse a sage as Soran? If only He would The cooperative enough to give him a hint. Esther and Junhong were basically on their own.

The night before the trial, Esther walked bare foot alone on the beach. She was trying desperately to clear her head, but peace mock her.

She was scared, angry that once again was under someone's will. They pulled all the strings and had to go along with it.

She wished she died during the ritual, at least she would be at peace, in control of her life in the afterlife.

Tomorrow, she would be humiliated to find out she was impure all along.

As she walked along the cold beach, she sensed something behind her. With every step she took , it followed her. 

It had a stench, it smelled of rotten flesh and fresh dirt. Esther immediately spun around, only to face a rogue nephiliem , only this one was different.

Instead of charging at her, like normal nephilem's do, this one stared at her with it's eyeless black sockets. Tilting it's head in confusion.

Esther blinked in confusion, She was starting at an honest to goddess Nephiliem and was still breathing.

 It slowly clasped its hollow chest and attempted to bow. It's jaw opened and ragged gasps escaped from it's throat, it was trying to speak.

"S-Sacerdo" it finally managed to say. "Sacerdo"

"Priestess" Esther repeated in English.

"S-Si"

"At ease. Tell me whom sent you"

"Ma-ddox"

"Who's that"

"Mi Maestro"

"Your master sent you. For what" she grew impatient with simple words and little answers.

"To warn..you..danger lies...ahead"

"Your master is a few days late with his warning." She snapped.

"Also... To give... priestess.. this"

In it's bone exposed hand , hung a Sliver locket. Esther looked at for a moment before snatching it away.

It was surprisingly warm and much older that she expected it to be.

"Open it..when you need help...Maddox will come"

"Thank you." She actually meant it.

"Priestess" it began to tremble until it collapsed into a pile of dust and a few bones.

Esther looked up into the sky and thanked whomever was up there. She wasn't sure if the locket even worked, but it brought her some comfort to know someone else had her back.

    Back inside Soran and Junhong pages through the spell books for some thing that could work as a serum or anything to mask Esther's new blood.

Once she pricked her finger on the spindle, they would know she was a priestess, and who knew what they would do to her.

They only had a few hours till morning light, they had to work quickly.

Esther tucked the locket back into her bra before she entered the house. No need to alert anyone.

"Why do you smell like death?" Soran bluntly asked

 She stopped mid step and peeked at the bespectacled Soran.

Before she could say a word, Soran and Junhong had swooped over buried a curious nose to her skin.

She was scared they would find the locket the dead creature had given her.

"You smell like a hell demon. Cleanse your body with his" he shoved a small bottle of green water at her.

Junhong watched her carefully, uncertain about what was going on. She smelled like rotten flesh and had a darken aura about her. Something happened in the mere half hour she was out of his sight.

 When Esther disappeared upstairs, Soran turned to him "She's come in contact with a Nephiliem"

"I know I can smell it." Junhong said

"Only this one I know, it belongs to a former friend of mine"

"Who?" Junhong was on alert

"A fallen Angel, Maddox, if she possess a item of his , it may already be too late mate"

"Is that why her body smells?"

"Yes, the item slowly rots them from the inside out"

Junhong looked at him with shock 

"Some one knows she's a Priestess, look for something that doesn't belong. It will most likely belong to Maddox."

"You keep strange friends mate" Junhong signed 

"Tell me about it"

 

Later that morning, Junhong watched Esther sleep. He couldn't find the item of Maddox earlier, he knew she had it but he didn't know where. So he watched the women he loved slumber, whilst he pondered what would happen that evening. He also wondered if he would watch her rot and decay.

When he searched her mind, he found bits and pieces of memory, but he couldn't see what the creature of death had given her. Something was blocking the image.

 It was ing Deja vu for him. Not know why drove him mad. As laid by her side he grew scared.

 If he didn't find the item, she was surely doomed... right?

But as he drifted off to sleep, he swore he saw a light bluish glow ebb through her night gown, he was just tired though, it was probably nothing...