The Place Where I Feel Safe

In Your Arms (Jaeho Version)

A/N After I re-edit this fic again, the song suit only 50% of my ideas. Oh well, here's chapter one.

 

“Yunho-ah,” Kibum called from the kitchen of Kim’s mansion. Yunho was wrapped in fluffy blanket, seated comfortably on the red couch, eyes on the TV. But those eyes were blank, as if he didn’t pay much attention to it.

“Yunho, aren’t you hungry?”

The called boy only shook his head. He didn’t even turn to see his butler. Kibum sighed.

“Yunho-ah, you should not starve yourself. You’ll make Jaejoong-shii worried. You haven’t eaten anything since lunch. I’ll make you some gyerang jjim, okay?”

Didn’t want to worry Kibum, Yunho nodded and said, “Okay.”

Smiling, Kibum went back to the kitchen.

“Jaejoong hyung…” Yunho mumbled.

~~~

Yunho lived with Jaejoong since months ago. There was no way he would want to live in his own house. His cruel father might escape from the prison and tried to him again.

Jaejoong’s house is the only place he feel safe. This place was where he saw Jaejoong’s tenderness behind those cold eyes for the first time, hearing his beautiful voice, and confessed his love to the older man, which was happily returned. This was where he cuddled into his arms, crying hi heart out when bullies in his school beat him up and calling his pathetic over and over again.

But since three days ago Jaejoong went to Bangkok for business matters, Yunho couldn’t stop himself from missing his lover. His winter break, which just started a two days ago felt too vacant.

He spent his Jaejoong-less days by watching TV, reading, cooking with Kibum, or helping Jinki, Jaejoong’s gardener planting something on his garden. Doing something might make him forgetting his loneliness for a while. At those times he would be able to smile and laugh again.

But at night, he would shiver under the thick comforter he used to share with Jae, trying to sleep. Seoul’s winter could be inhumanly freezing cold sometimes. His every breathing came out fogged. The comforters didn’t help him warming up his cold body. He used to sleep with Jaejoong holding him, lulling him with his caresses on his hair. He missed Jaejoong, his arms, his comforting words, his kisses…

His everything.

~~~

“Kibum-sshi, thank you for the dinner.”

“Yunho-ah, I told you not to use honorifics on me. I’m just Kibum, okay?” Kibum said, hands still washing dishes.

“O—okay.”

“Aren’t you tired? You and Jinki swept off the snow off the entrance way for all day long.”

“Well, not too. Jaejoong hyung will be home soon. I’ll wait.”

“Yunho, he will not be home until tomorrow. You better take a rest. You’ve tired yourself off today.”

“But—”

“Yunho, Jaejoong won’t be happy he finds out you still awake after working so hard yet doesn’t rest yourself.”

“But I’m fine.”

“Yunho-ah, please. It’s ten PM already.”

Yunho sighed hardly. He really wanted to wait for his beloved home. But if Kibum said that he won’t be home until tomorrow, he really meant that.

“Alright. Goodnight Kibum.”

Kibum smiled. “Night Yun.”

~~~

Jaejoong adjusted the blinds on his eyes. Those things should help him sleeping. This flight’s service wasn’t really bad. It was his body’s clock fault not to be able to adapt itself to Thailand’s environment. Also his brain’s fault to think about his barely recognizable mistakes in his earlier presentation.

His brain also couldn’t stop distracting himself with Yunho’s images. Smiling Yunho, laughing Yunho, scared Yunho, upset Yunho… maybe he should ask his partner Yoochun to go to Bangkok instead of leaving Yunho alone. Well, not really alone. His butlers were there, Kibum and his husband Jinki.

But still… certain images of Yunho crying flooding his brain, Yunho telling what his father had done to him made him really wanted to be home at the moment. He felt that his mansion was not save enough for Jung Yunho to protect himself from Jung Youngdae, Jaejoong’s ex best friend and Yunho’s used to be father.

Closing his eyes, Jaejoong ignored his thoughts about his lover’s damned father, trying to sleep.

~~~

“Abeoji! Please stop this!”

“You… you son of that ! How come you posses your whorish mother looks? You want to become a just like her, huh?”

“Father, please! St—stop! It—ah! Hurts!”

“You really are son of a !”

“Father!”

“Son of a traitor, liar, ing you are!”

“Father!”

“Dad! Please stop dad! Stop hurting oppa!”

“Shut up you !” Youngdae got up, ignoring his bleeding, hurt son. Yunho’s sister rushed to help his sweaty and bleeding brother, who was spread over kitchen’s floor. Tears run all over her face.

“Ji—Jihye, run!”

“No, run with me, oppa!”

“There’s no way we could run together! He wants me, go save your life Jihye! Go to uncle’s or auntie’s house!”

“But I want to help you, oppa! Let me!”

“Run and call the police. Tell them… tell them about us. Go Jihye, go now.”