Anything We Have Known, Anything We've Forgotten

In Your Arms (Jaeho Version)

 

“Appa! Stop appa! Please! Yunho-oppa! Help me!” Jihye struggled to release herself from her father’s grip. “Appa please stop!” his father lift up his blade.

“Yunho op—”a slashing sound and Jihye’s voice was gone.

Yunho’s eyes widened. “Abeoji… you just killed your own daughter…” he mumbled.

He tried to release his hands which were roped. After being forced to see his own sister’s murder, he couldn’t think straight, and the fact that he was roped didn’t make his mind any better. “Father…”

His father turned from Jihye’s body to his eyes. “Don’t you ever, ever try to get away from here, don’t even think about it” his father said coldly, holding the bloody blade in his hand. “Don’t EVER!”

Yunho’s eyes opened. The image of his sister’s death flooding his mind. He had been like this before; dreaming about his sister, waking up immediately, and crying silently. He hated this; for being so weak, for being so vulnerable, for being unmanly. He hated it when he had to cry alone, without trying to

But what else he could do? Jae wasn’t here, wasn’t holding him.

Without him realizing, a tear escaped itself from Yunho’s eye.

“Yunho?”

~~~

“Jae, Jaejoong!”

Feeling his body was shaken, Jaejoong took his blinds, forcing his eyes to open. There was Nickhun, his Thai partner, still shaking his body. “We’re landing Jae. We’re in Seoul now.”

“Huh? Oh, okay.” Struggling to be fully awake, Jaejoong rubbed his eyes lightly. “What time is it?”

“Two thirty.”

“Eh?”

“I know. The flight took that long time, right?”

Jae bit his lip. He really wished Yunho wouldn’t be awake at this hour, not to only wait for him.

~~~

Yunho finally asleep again. Key’s cooing really helped him to. After making sure the younger was really asleep, Key carefully stepping out of the room, walking towards his and Jinki’s.

“How’s him?” Jinki ask, reclining on the headboard. Key sighed.

“Nothing, it’s Jihye.”

~~~

“Yah, you emo !”

Yunho kept walking towards his locker, not caring the teasing and mocking calls. He had gotten used to those all anyway.

“Yah, are you looking for a to ? That’s the wrong way!”

“Hey chicken , can’t you fight?”

“He’s probably setting a date with his boyfriend.”

“He has a boyfriend? No way! Nobody loves him. Not even his homo father.”

Laughing could be heard shortly after then.

~~~

“Yunho-ah!” Jaejoong called when he saw Yunho on his way home. Yunho turned, smiled his best at him.

“Jaejoong sshi.”

“Yah, I’m only ten years older. No sshi needed after my name.” Jaejoong chuckled, put his clothed arm around Yunho’s shoulder. “How’s school?”

“It’s fine.” Big fat lie.

“What about Jihye and your dad?”

Yunho stiffened. He didn’t know what he should say. Should he tell him the truth? No, that would make him think he was a freak, just like his bullies when they found out.

“They’re okay.”

~~~

Jae sighed hardly. Looking out Taecyeon’s car window, he remembered when Yunho telling him all those lie. He should not hide the truth of him. Or maybe Youngdae’s threat was really that bad Yunho didn’t dare to did so.

How stupid I was to trust him, Jaejoong thought, chuckling lightly.

“Jaejoong-ah? You okay?”

Jae turned; meeting Nickhun’s concerned eyes and Taec’s from rearview mirror.

“I’m okay. Just missing—”

“Yunho?” Jae smiled, looking at Teacyeon from rearview mirror.

“Yeah…”

“Ah, talking about him remind me to Youngdae.”

“That bastard. Old bastard. Thinking about him makes me sick Nick.” Taecyeon faking gag. “Very unlike Yunho. He’s friendly and cute. Lucky you Jae, Yunho’s very handsome, and adorable too.”

“Yah, I’m right here!” Nickhun pouted, making Jaejoong laughing in amusement.

~~~

“Yunho-ah, tell your dad I’m coming today.”

“E—eh?” Yunho looked at Jae in disbelief. “There’s something I need to ask him. Tell him would you?” Yunho bit his lip.

After hesitating for a moment, Yunho answered, “Okay.” Jaejoong smiled, tightened his arm around the boy.

~~~

“Abeoji.” Yunho dared himself to approach his father, who was sitting on a couch, doing nothing. “Jaejoong-sshi is going to visit you.”

Youngdae turned, glaring at his son. “What the ? You asked him to come here, didn’t you?”

“No, I—I didn’t.”

“Liar . Just like your mother.”

“Father, I’ve never asked him to come. He asked me to tell you!”

“Lies! All lies! Stop remind to your mother! She’s a shameless , cheating to her in law brother! You are no different!”

“Abeoji…”

“What? Going to cry now? Go cry a river like your mother did!” Yunho tried to stop his body from shaking of anger.

Finally he couldn’t hold it anymore.  “Father,” he looked up, glaring at him. “She was ! by your brothers! And you killed her! You’ve killed your daughter and wife, father! And you’ve your son! You bastard!”

Youngdae scoffed. “More lies now?”

“ dad, it’s not a lie!” gathering his courage, he kept glaring at Youngdae, challenging him silently. “ you dad!”

After a moment of courage gathering, Yunho took an empty bottle of beer which was lying on the floor, hit its bottom to a table, and pointed the sharp part to his father. His eyes were wild. “I’m sick of this. Let’s just end it now.”