Take My Hand, Let's Go Into the Trees

In Your Arms (Jaeho Version)

Yunho was sleeping again, and Jae didn’t plan to wake him up although the sun had risen and its light went into the room through the thin curtains.

Yunho still had a week left of his winter break. And Jae intended to give all of his time in the week only for Yunho. No more jobs, presentations, papers to sign; just Yunho and him.

~~~

“What’s these all for hyung?” Yunho asked when he saw Jaejoong arranged plates on his enormous dining table. Jae smiled, bent over to kiss Yunho’s cheek; which instantly reddened.

“It’s Friday. I invited my friends for a dinner.”

“F—friends?”

“Yes. Why?”

“            Nothing. It’s just…”

“Just what?”

“What would they think when they see me hyung? Should I go somewhere when they’re here?”

Jae chuckled, stoke Yunho’s hair. “No. That’s the point. I told them about you, and they want to know you.”

“Eh?”

“Why? They will like you. Beside, two of them are police officers who had helped you. You should thank them.”

Yunho nodded and bit his lip. Jae clicked his tongue playfully “Don’t put on that face. That makes me want to kiss you.”

Yunho blushed hardly at the compliment. “I’m sorry. I—I’ll go help Key hyung with the—the food!” He turned from Jae to hide his crimson cheek.

But before he could go, Jae had grabbed his arm, turning his body to face him. Instead of staring at his lover’s eyes, Yunho looked at the floor, hoping Jae wouldn’t look at his tomato cheeks.

“Yunho ah, please look at me.”

Yunho tilted his head upward uncertainly, meeting Jaejoong’s smiling face.

“I love you.”

~~~

Key put in two breads into a toaster, caught them as they popped up and buttered them up. He put in another two for his husband.

Husband…

That word really made his inside tingle.

He met Jinki for the first time when Jaejoong hired him as a gardener. Jinki’s first impression didn’t impress Key at all. Jinki acted all flirty birdy to him; called him honey, made ual jokes about him, and . And Key responded by being all sarcastic and sharp tongued.

Until one day Key was almost by a group of gangster after going shopping for groceries. Jinki who was on his way home after buying some soft drinks happened to be his hero. Since then, Key softened his attitudes toward the older man. He even started flirting with him, which made him discovered a fact that Jinki’s blushing face was undeniably adorable.

And another fact that he had fallen for Jinki.

Then Jinki confessed to him, right in front of Jaejoong at a dinner. Of course Jaejoong didn’t see a reason to forbid them to date; he was so happy for them anyway.

And Key couldn’t be happier when Jinki proposed him on Christmas last year.

~~~

Yunho didn’t dare to look at Jaejoong’s friends again. He kept playing with his food using his chopsticks. There were five men on the table, who Jae introduced as Junsu, Seunghyun (but he preferred to be called Seungri), Yoochun, Kangin, and Sungmin. He had met Kangin and Yoochun at police office the day they captured his father, and Junsu was his neighbor, but he didn’t know Sungmin and Shindong.

Suddenly Jaejoong’s hand covered his idle one and squeezed it lightly.

“Yunho ah, don’t you have something to say?” Jaejoong smiled at him, yet Yunho didn’t lift his head up. Jae put his fingers under Yunho’s chin and lifted up his face gently, still smiling.

“Say hi to Officer Park and Kim.” Jae whispered, low enough only for them to hear.

Yunho dared himself to look at Yoochun and Kangin. They were smiling at him; warm smiles.

“An—annyeong haseyo,” Yunho said, barely heard by the other two. “I—it’s nice to meet you again, Officer.” Yunho bowed lightly, looking at them again hesitantly.

Kangin broke the brief silence by saying, “Nice to meet you again Yunho ah.”

“Kyaa!!! So adorable!” Sungmin squeaked suddenly. “He’s so adorable Jaejoong ah!” Sungmin grinned fully, showing his perfect pearl white teeth. “How old are you Yunho ah?”

“16, Sungmin sshi.”

“Aww, just call me Sungmin hyung. I’m only 21.”

“I’m Seungri!” Seungri extended his arm across the table, offering a handshake to the younger boy. “And call me hyung too! I’m 22.” He grinned.

Yunho eyed the hand for a brief second before grabbing it. “Nice to meet you.”

“So Yunho ah, how’s your school?” Junsu asked.

“It’s fine. It’s—just okay.”

“You seriously are adorable!” Sungmin squeaked again. “I want to pinch your cheek! Jae, please let me!”

Yunho smiled, then turned to Jaejoong, nodding in thanks.

~~~

Jaejoong got up from bed carefully. Yunho shifted a bit, but did no more than that.

He walked toward the dining room for breakfast. But when opened the fridge to take an apple, he heard voices of someone murmuring from his outdoor dining area. Without checking it out, he already knew that the two lovebirds of his butler and gardener needed some time alone.

So he made his breakfast by himself, in silence.