A Red Mop of Hair

Galaxy Cafe

 

The morning breeze was crispy as the sun rose over the tall buildings. Summer had just ended and fall was creeping at out feet waiting for it’s time to turn the leaves golden. The sign was flipped over and it didn’t take long until the days first customer walked in.

’’Welcome to Galaxy Cafe were everything is out of this world, I’m Skywalker what can I get you sir?’’

 

’’Yes ,Could I get one of the the freshly baked morning muffins and a milky way latte?’’ The young man pointed at the muffins Molly just walked out with.

’’Would you like that to go?’’

’’Yes please.’’ he said and drew his card.

’’Have a seat and I’ll have Louise bring it to you in a minute.’’ I turned around and started measuring the coffee blend and pressing it.

’’Do you need any help?’’ Louise appeared behind me just as I put the lid on his coffee while tying her apron around her waist.

’’Yes give this to our costumer please.’’ I said and handed her the to go bag with little stars and intergalactic cute creatures. She nodded and walked over to the young man.

’’You’re morning pick me up Hongbin.’’

’’Thank you Lou, I seriously don’t know what I would do this out this.’’ he said and took the bag.

’’Me neither now scoot along before you’re late. See ya Hongbin!’’ Louise waved him off before coming back behind the counter.

’’I know what he would do.’’ I mumbled smirking and Louise hit my arm slightly.

’’Stop hitting your coworker Louise.’’ Mikey appeared from his office in the back with  his phone in hand.

’’You hit her yesterday.’’ She complained.

’’I’m her boss it’s different.’’ He scrolled through his e-mails before putting his phone down. ’’There is this food blogger who wants to drop by and give us a review on our blog but I told her not to incorporate the address.’’

’’Great.’’ I said smiling while making myself a chai latte.

’’Remind me again why won’t let food bloggers add the address?’’ Louise asked tying her hair up.

’’Because our goal is not to be the biggest it’s to be the coziest. Also there is a lot of famous people who enjoy coming here and I don’t want to ruin their stay with weird fans.’’ Mikey explained and lou gave him a thumbs up and nodded.

’’Carrot cake coming through!’’ Erin yelled from the back while walking out with a trey of carrot cake above her head, and slid it into the showcasing.

’’Sorry I’m late I overslept.’’ Sarah stepped into the cafe with a small bag in hand.

’’We know we live together.’’ Erin said shaking her head. ’’Come on we need help in the kitchen.’’

’’Erin you have something on your cheek.’’ Mikey swiped his thumb over the corner of wiping away the frosting.

’’Oh thank you Mikey.’’ She said and after that the door jingeled and everyone quickly got back to work. I tied my hair up in a messy bun and placed my coffee under the counter.

’Welcome to Galaxy cafe where everything is out of this world. I’m Skywalker what can I get you sir?’’ Came back up from behind the counter smiling at whoever was there and this is how our days went.

 Molly and Erin woke up early to bake and decorate. We opened at 06.30 for all the early birds in that time we had about 50 costumers each day, many of them where assistans getting coffee for their office so we got around just fine and then I closed up at midnight. This cafe had always been a dream of mine and the squad heard about my idea it didn’t take long until they actually started to make it happen. But now since fall was creeping around the corner it meant that customers would come in to warm themselves and protect themselves from the cold rain. So today we decided that we needed more blankets and a fall themed menu. We decided that Mikey and Louise were going to buy blankets and pillows while Molly and Erin worked on the new menu and Sarah was designing our fall themed paper cups. So they were all out while I ran the shop. Thursdays were always calm days so I had no problem running it myself. Molly and Erin had made tons of treats earlier this morning so I would have enough. The regular thursday crowd came in at about the same hours as usual expecting Sarah to sing. When I told them I was the only one working today they got disappointed because they really enjoyed listening to someone sing so I the radio on a decent volume just to have something for them to listen to. As the sun started to set behind the buildings rain started tapping lightly on the windows and I dimmed the light and flipped over the sign to tell everyone it was closed. I started wiping off the tables listening to the calming rain while humming ’Just one day’ to myself. As I was wiping the last table a I heard the bell jingle and I turned around. 

’’I’m sorry we’re close-’’ I froze when I was met by a wet, shivering mop of red hair, I could never let someone who looked this cold out in the rain again. I walked up to them and took of their jacket. ’’Have a seat I’ll be back in a moment I’m just going to get you a blanket to warm yourself with and a towel to dry your hair.’’ I ran back into Mikeys room and grabbed the blankets and a towel and came back out. ’’Here you go.’’ I said while wrapping a blanket over his shoulders and placing the towel on top of his head drying it slightly. ’’You keep drying yourself and I’ll make you some hot chocolate. I seriously don’t understand you people why where you out in the rain anyway?’’ I walked behind the counter and picked up one of our biggest cups and started to foam the milk. I heard a little chuckle from under the towel and I smiled.

’’I was on my way to practice…’’ the voice was still shaky from the cold but seemed familiar in some way. I finished up the hot cocoa but spritzing some whipped cream onto and shaving some chocolate over it.

’’Practice? At this hour? I know trainees and Idols have weird schedules but seriously shouldn’t you sleep?’’ I walked over to him handing him the cup. ’’Be careful it’s hot. Also I hope you don’t mind coffee but I added a shot of espresso so you won’t fall asleep during practice.’’

’’Th-thank you for letting me in. ’’ he spoke softly before sipping the hot cocoa.

’’I could never leave you out in the rain that would just be cruel.’’ I said and dried his hair a little bit more before continuing to clean up. 

’’I walk past here everyday but I have never noticed your shop until now.’’ he spoke behind my back as I organized the syrups.

’’Yeah,that happens a lot. We just don’t want our shop to be super crowded because we have many idols and trainees who come by here and we want to give them a place where they can relax without worrying about crazy fans and paparazzi all the time.’’ I answered smiling to myself. ’’Our goal is not to be the biggest but the coziest.’’

’’Sounds nice… So you have a lot of Idols coming here?’’

’’Yeah  some of them are regulars they come in at a special hour and order the same thing almost everytime.’’ I said giggling.

’’Do you listen to Kpop?’’

’’Yeah I’ve been listening since like 2009 so it’s been a part of my life for quite sometime. You?’’

’’Yeah I guess you can say that I do. Do you have any favourite groups?’’

’’I’m a really big fan of Seventeen and ASTRO.’’ I said while making myself a chai latter figuring I might be here for a while.

’’Ah Yeah they are good…Do you know BTS?’’ he asked.

’’Do I know BTS? What kind of a question is that? Of course I do they are like one of my favorite groups through all time it doesn’t matter what their next concept is or next hair color or dance moves it’s all amazing and they are dorks and I have a soft spot for dorks.’’ I said and sat down next to him with my Chai sipping it while thinking about all the cute and dorky moments I’ve watched BTS do.

’’D-Dorks? Don’t you think they are like cool and handsome?’’ he sounded nervous and slightly irritated.

’’Of course I do they are super cool and extremely handsome every single one of them. But they still are dorks with all their funny dancing and teasing. It’s nice to see that they are really enjoying what they do and that they have fun on the way.’’

’’Do you have a favourite?’’ his head turned slightly and I could see his sunglasses under the red fringe.

’’Era? War of hormone. MV? Dope. Dance? I need u. Song? Just one day and Beautiful. Jokes? Jams.’’ I said and nodded proud over my list.

’’No, I meant like member. Who do you think is the most handsome?’’ he asked and I smiled to myself.

’’It’s not about looks you know. It’s about the personality and feeling the person gives off. If it was about looks no one would be able to choose a bias because they all look so amazing.’’ I said postponing my answer because I always felt embraced talking about it. Bu the was quiet and waited patiently. ’’…Fine…Jimin oppa has a unique charm that always makes me smile.’’ He was quite for a while before he coughed.

’’So wh-what do you like most about him? His abs right? I heard many female fans likes tho-’’

’’I could not care less about his abs, He looks amazing no matter what and anyone who says something else deserves a punch in the face. No, he does this thing when he is trying to be y while biting his lip but he gets flustered so he starts smiling also whenever he dances it makes me feel giddy.’’

’’What would you do if he came here?’’ he then asked and I scoffed.

’’Well, I’m surprised the rest of BTS hasn’t been here Rap mon oppa comes here quite often, but I guess I would just be cool and treat him like any other costumer. I make no difference between idols and non idols. It doesn’t matter who they are as long as they enjoy their stay I couldn’t care less about who they are.’’

’’But aren’t you going to ask who I am? I mean you just let a stranger in after closing.’’ 

’’Who wouldn’t let in a person if they were cold and wet. Also why should I? That would be invading your privacy. Of course I’m curious but I value your privacy over my own curiosity. If you want me to know who you are why don’t you just come back. You know where Galaxy cafe is now anyway and by judging how fast that cocoa disappeared I know you want to come back for more.’’ I said smiling at him and he chuckled.

’’I should be going so I don’t bother you anymore.’’ The man said and stood up pulling on his jacket and adjusting his sunglasses.

’’Wait take this.’’ I handed him my umbrella. ’’So you don’t catch a cold.’’

’’What about you?’’

’’I live so close form here I’ll be fine. ’’ I lied. ’’Besides if I give you this now you have an excuse to come back for more hot cocoa.’’ He chuckled.

’’Clever, I’ll maybe see you then…’’ 

’’Sky.’’ I smiled at him and he gave me a small smile.

’’See you then Sky.’’ he said and left the cafe with my umbrella leaving me alone. I grabbed my things and turned of the lights before stepping out and locking the door. It was raining way much more then before. Heavy drops slammed against the ground, I pulled up the hood of my sweater and ran home. Not that it really helped I was soaking wet after just a few minutes. I arrived at our doorstep soaking wet and quickly took shower before going to bed.

 

Somewhere else the red mop of hair finally arrived at the studio where his six friends already had gathered to start practicing.

’’You´re late!’’

’’I know hyung I’m sorry I got caught in the rain.’’

’’but you’re dry?’’

’’That coffeeshop around the corner uhm…Galaxy cafe a girl was closing up and she was nice enough to let me and and warm myself she also lent me her umbrella. She said Hyung goes there a lot why haven’t you told us about it?’’

’’Because it was my only place of peace and quiet away from you guys. Also their coffee is truly out of this world. Now lets get back to practice we have a lot to do.’’

 

The next morning went as usual, Waking up early, dressing in the mandatory white shirt and tied my hair up in a messy bun. I slipped on my shoes and went to grab my umbrella and I sighed when I remembered the last nights events. Oh well. I pulled a raincoat on and pulled the hood over my head and headed off to work. I pushed the door opened and was met by the friendly scent of freshly baked goods.

’’Morning Sky!’’ I heard Sarah from behind the counter.

’’Morning, Thanks for letting me sleep in I appreciate it.’’ I said and hung up my raincoat and tied the black apron around my waist.

’’No problem you needed it anyway.’’

’’Do you want to see what we got yesterday?’’ Louise asked as she came with a few dirty cups.

’’Yeah, is the new menu done as well? I would like to try and make the new coffee drinks today.’’

’’The menu is done and it’s right here.’’ Molly handed me a sheet of add ons to our regular menu.

’’This looks great I’ll try and make the Pumpkin press and Spicy falls when I have a gap, so we can start using this on monday?’’ I asked and read through the list of ingredients.

’’Yeah I’ll send in the order for the ingredients right now and they’ll be here on sunday.’’ Mikey said and snatched the paper out of my hand. ’’You have costumers Skywalker.’’ I sighed and pinned my name tag to my chest and turned to the counter and started to take orders. The day was uneventful until around two when a very familiar voice piped up.

’’Noona~~’’

’’Look it’s my stars shining as bright as always.’’ I said smiling as ASTRO stepped into the cafe.

’’Ah Noona you’re embarrassing.’’ Rocky hid his face in his hands.

’’Me? embarrassing? Rocky I thought you liked it?’’ I outed and I could hear Moonbins chuckles.

’’Yeah but there are girls here.’’ Rocky said in a sharp tone and I nodded.

’’What can I get you boys today?’’ I asked smiling at them.

’’A date!’’ Sanha piped up grinning.

’’Ignore him.’’ Eunwoo said simply with a straight face, ’’We’ll have our usuals is that fine?’’

’’Yes anything else?’’ I asked while tapping in their order.

’’I want a coffee instead!’’ Sanha piped up again.

’’No, you’re to young Sanha.’’ JinJin said and payed.

’’Noonaa~~please. I’ll take you on a date.’’ he pouted and did his aegyo.

’’I’m sorry Sanha JinJin oppa has spoken no coffee for you but I can give you a hug if that helps?’’ I said and handed MJ the receipt. ’’Have a seat while you wait.’’

’’It’s the stars!’’ Sara appeared from Mikey room.

’’Ah Sarah!’’ Eunwoos face lit up and he smiled like a dork only to be elbowed by MJ.

’’I’ts been a while how have you been doing?’’ Sarah asked while resting her hand on Eunwoos shoulder.

’’We’ve been preparing for our special stage and Moonbin and Rocky has been working really hard on the choreography.’’ JinJin spoke proud over his bandmates.

’’Really? You’ll have to let us see someday okay?’’ she said and went back to the kitchen to help Erin and Molly.

’’Did you see that!?!? She touched my shoulder!’’ Eunwoo was a blushing excited mess as the walked to a table and sat down. Leaving Sanha by the counter.

’’Why do you always take the hyungs side noona it’s not fair.’’ He leaned against the bar top flashing his puppy eyes.

’’Because if the knew that I think you are cute and adorable they would start asking for a discount. I’ll ’spill’ some coffee in yours don’t worry sweet heart.’’ I smiled at him and his face went red.

’’Noona you’re really pretty please go out with me.’’ he hung over the edge and looked at me dead serious.

’’We’ve been over this Sanha. I think you are really cute and I would really like to go on a date with you but you have to focus on your career right now. So maybe when things have settled down for you we can go on a date.’’ I said while pouring the last cup.

’’Really?’’ he straightened his back and looked hopefully.

’’I said maybe. Here you go good luck at practice today.’’ I handed him the bag and giggled.

’’Noona kissu~’’ He shoot his cheek forward tapping it with his finger. I stood on my tippy toes and leaned in and he closed his eyes and I quickly pressed two of my fingers against his cheek. 

’’Yah Sanha we need to go!’’ JinJin yelled and I moved back and he started blushing holding his hand to his cheek. He bowed several times.

’’Th-thank you noona!’’ With that he ran over to the rest still holding his cheek. ’’Noona kissed me! She kissed my cheek!’’ He whispered yelled to them and they just smiled and patted him on the back congratulating him. Rocky sent me a look and I held up my two fingers and kissed and and he smiled at me shaking his head. I went back to work cleaning some cups and wiping off the counter.

’’Sky can you help me set up?’’ Sarah asked and I nodded walking up to her taking some of the things out of her hands and helped her set up the microphone and a chair while she rigged her guitar. ’I went and got her a bottle of water setting it on the table next to her. ’’Thank you.’’ I gave her a thumbs up and sat down behind the counter to go through my tumblr and answer some texts.  Sarah played her songs and soon the bell ringed and I put down my phone.

’’Yo did I miss much?’’ Namjoon appeared at the counter and  we did our little greeting.

’’Sup bro! only like 2 songs. The regular?’’ I asked tapping it in.

’’You know me so well Skywalker.’’ he said and paid while I started doing his dark chocolate swirl disguised as a plain coffee. Sarah finished singing a acoustic version of ’Veiw’ and waved at Namjoon.

’’Namjoon has decided to finally join us.’’ Sarah said and Namjoon waved back as I placed his swirl on the table in front of him. ’’and here we have our own rap monster Skywalker who is going to join me in my next song.’’ she smirked at me and I looked at her displeased.

’’I’m working Sarah.’’

’’So am I. Now there is no one at the counter and no one is on their way just join me come on!’’ she whined and I took of my apron and undid my hair and she cheered, I took the other mic and turned it on. ’’So this is ’My last’ by Jay Park.’’ she said and started playing the intro. I shook my head but started rapping the lyrics to the song at my cue.

’’…model, aidol, yeongija oh my god diseupaechihante an geollin ge dahaengiya oh no…’’ The idols in the cafe smiled knowing that they were safe here. The song ended and I quickly bowed and turned off the mic.

’’Rapmon evaluation?’’ Sarah asked as I tied my hair up in a bun.

’’Can I feature you guys on my next mixtape?’’’ he smiled drinking his coffee looking smug.

’’I’ll feature on your mixtape after Suga has released his.’’ I said and oohing sounds was heard through out the cafe.

’’…Sassy I like it. Hey did someone come by here last night?’’ He turned to me and I swallowed.

’’N-no, I was alone when I closed up.’’ I said and made a hot cocoa.

’’We’re not allowed to let people in after closing hours because of safety reasons.’’ Sarah said and she rigged the micstand down.

’’That’s weird one of my friends was out in the rain last night and said that he took shelter here.’’

’’Must have been the cafe further down the street they are open longer then us.’’ I said and took a sip from my cocoa. Mikey would not be happy if he knew I let in a stranger in the cafe after hours.

’’Sky I hope it’s not chocolate in that mug you know you can’t make any drinks that isn’t on the menu.’’ Mikey stepped in on que with the new blankets.

’’I still don’t get why we don’t have it. My cocoa is delicious!’’ I groaned and kept drinking it. Mikey just shook his head and placed out the blankets. The door bell rang and I quickly finished my cocoa and placed it under the counter wiping my mouth on my apron.

’’Welcom to Galaxy Cafe where everything that we serve is out of this world. I’m-’’

’’Sky right?’’ a familiar voice spoke and I lifted my head and saw Jimin scratching the back of his head looking around nervously. I could feel my cheeks heating up slightly and I quickly averted my gaze from his gorgeous face.

’’Yes how did you-’’ I needed to stay professional ’’uhm..what can I get you s-sir?’’

’’Your name tag.’’ he said and pointed at the small nematic on my chest. I faceplamed myself mentally. Stupid. ’’Can I get some hot cocoa?’’

’’I’m sorry sir I can’t serve you anything that isn’t on the menu. May I propose the mocha latte instead?’’ I said picking up a post it and quickly scribbling down some words. ’Just say yes I’ll get you the hot cocoa.’ I slid it across the counter and tapped it.

’’ah…uhm yes that sounds good.’’ he said and smiled and I felt my heart skip a beat.

’’Please have a seat while you wait.’’ I said motioning to the tables. He turned around and saw Rapmonster by his regular table.

’’Hyung!’’ He squaeled and Namjoon stiffened as Jimin sat down in front of him.

’’nooooononononooo you can’t be here this is my oasis.’’ he whined. ’’Sky~~~Kick him out!’’

’’I’m sorry Namjoon I’m not allowed to kick anyone out if they are not being violent.’’ I answered smiling at him while making Jimins hot cocoa.

’’He is! He is violating my sacred oasis and my personal space.’’ He whined and Jimin just laughed.

’’Not enough sorry oppa.’’ I said placing the mug infront of Jimin smiling at him slightly blushing. 

’’Thank you.’’ he said and smiled back making my heart skip a beat again. I quickly hurried back into the kitchen and slammed myself against a wall squealing.

’’Are you okay Sky?’’ Erin asked putting another backs of pumpkin cakes in the oven.

’’Jimin is out there and he smiled at me and I thought I was going to die!’’ I spoke fast and squeled into my hands.

’’Park Jimin, BTS Jimin, Chim Chim? The one you keep nagging about? WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING IN HERE GO OUT THERE AND TALK TO HIM.’’ Erin pulled me off the floor and pushed me out the door.

’’nononono Erin  I don’t-’’ and she slammed the door into the kitchen in my face. Making me freeze and blush before hiding behind the counter trying to calm down. I did breathing exercises and collected myself until I heard his voice again.

’’Sky?’’ I heard and I got up to quickly hitting my head on the counter.

’’ me!’’ I groaned and held my head in my hands whining slightly why did I have to get clumsy now.

’’GLADLY!’’ I heard someone from across the cafe yelling back and I whined again. I felt a hand on my head.

’’Are you okay?’’ his voice was deep and soothing and my face went red and I nodded frantically and I could hear his soft chuckle. ’’I’m just leaving, but I promise I’ll be back.’’ he said and I nodded.

’’I’m glad you enjoyed your stay.’’ I said and smiled to myself.

’’Oh right and I’m dropping this off to.’’ He placed the familiar blue and white umbrella on the counter. ’’Thanks for letting me borrow it. See ya.’’ and then the red mop of hair left for the door until he turned around. ’’Also I shouldn’t worry much about Jimin I think he would be happy to know he has such sweet beautiful fan like you.’’ then he was gone. I just stood there for what felt like the longest time staring at the door and then the umbrella before started to whine for real covering my face squealing into it and jumping on the spot shaking my shoulders pouting. 

’’HOW CAN I BE SO FREAKING DENSE!?!?’’ I whined  while flailing my arms in frustration.

’’Because you are?’’ I heard Louises voice from behind me and I slammed my head into the counter.

’’Get that umbrella off there you know what I’ve said.’’ Mikey came in on que only making my day worse.

’’My life is officially over.’’ I groaned and took the umbrella away.

 


 

 

A/N: This is the first chapter in the Galaxy cafe series I hoped you enjoyed it. Please comment and upvote if you did and I'll se you again with another chapter! :D