My first birthday present

Let Me In
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seung-Hyun?"

Seung-hyun got up to hear someone knocking at his door.

"Who is it?" he called out.

"I am from Asia Publishers I was sent to collect some papers?"

Seung-Hyun got up off the couch and ran around frantically as he tried to tidy the place a bit.

"Mr, I really need to deliver them quickly".

"Yup, one minute!"

He quickly threw every thing on the floor into his room and quickly shut the door. He sighed a quick sigh of relief as he looked around at his now tidy-looking apartment.

"Coming!"

He ran and opened the door and to his surprise a much younger looking girl was standing in front of him.

She had a black jeans on and a white woolen coat on. Her eyes were big and dark brown and her hair was all tied back in a sleek pony tail. 

"Sorry but who are you?"

The girl nodded and then bowed her head slightly.

"Tiffany Hwang, assistant of Mr. Lee".

"Well, where is the other person that usually comes?" he asked as he looked around the hall way.

"Do you not believe I work for Asia publishers?" she asked as she looked up at him

"It's just, I was told not to give my papers to any one that doesn't have proof they work with Asia Publishers" he said abruptly.

Tiffany shook her head and then nodded "I know what you mean".

Seung-Hyun noticed that Tiffany seemed very frantic or very on edge.

"Are you Ok?" he asked quietly

Tiffany simply nodded and then sighed a deep sigh.

"You look very faint, have you eaten today?"

"Well, I have had coffee, does that count?"

Seung-hyun looked over at his coffee table and then back at the girl.

"I will give you the papers but only if you promise to get yourself something to eat, OK?"

Tiffany nodded and then held out her hand.

Seung-hyun ran over and grabbed it and then quickly came back and handed it to her.

"Tell your boss, I don't want him to send them back again, OK?"

"OK" she said loudly.

Seung-Hyun went to shut the door but she quickly put her foot in the door.

"What is it?" he asked with a grumpy tone of voice.

"I just wanted to say that even though you don't get to put your name on the book, I really love your stories"  she said with her head down low.

"Really?"

"I do really like these stories, when I found out that they were actually buying these books I asked if I could meet the author and that's why Mr Lee has put me in charge of collecting the work from you".

"Thank you" he said in a bland tone of voice.

"That's Ok" she said as she put her hand in her pocket.

"Hold this" she said as she handed him the paper bag.

He grabbed it and looked at her feeling very confused.

Suddenly she pulled out a present and passed it to him.

"In the first chapter of your first ever book you said November the fourth was your birthday but that it was just the same as every other day, I don't know if November the fourth is really your birthday or if your characters are based on your imagination but I really wanted to give this to you and say that your birthday is special and I hope all your wishes come true".

As she was speaking Seung-hyun couldn't help but stare at the present in his hand.

This was the first gift he had ever received on his birthday, it felt unreal. 

What shocked him was that the gift wasn't from a family member or a friend, it was from a complete stranger.

Suddenly she grabbed the bag back off him and ran off.

He closed the door and then went and sat down on the couch.

"Should I open it?" he asked himself.

He put the gift down and walked over to the other couch and sat down.

"You know you should just open it, I mean theres no harm in checking what it is".

He walked over and picked it up and then quickly ripped it open.

He noticed a note fall out but he quickly picked it up.

Seung-Hyun

I have read all your books and I am so eager to read your next one.

You speak with realism and your emotions are being poured out of the pages I read.

Even though you are constantly writing 'I feel like I am at the bottom of the world'. 

I just wanted to tell you that you can be at the top and I really do believe this.

You just need to let some body in.

Thank you and hope you like your present.

Signed : Tiffany. Hwang

He opened the box and pulled out the necklace that was in it.

To his surprise T.O.P was engraved into the tag on the necklace.

"Wow" he said as he felt the silver chain with his fingers.

He ran over to the mirror and put it on.

"T.O.P?" he said aloud as he held onto the metal tag "May be I could be T.O.P, maybe".

He went and sat on the couch and sighed as he felt his heart sinking in his chest.

"Mum, Dad, I love you".

...

Tiffany handed the brown paper bag to her boss and smiled with a big grin.

"Why are you smiling at me as if you have done some thing great!?" yelled Mr.Lee.

Tiffany frowned "I got the papers for you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter