Chapter 7

Let Me In Your Heart

            Luhan keeps on tossing and turning on his bed. It was eleven o’clock in the evening when he entered his room because he keeps on waiting for Minseok. But it is already 2 o’clock in the morning yet he can’t hear even the engine of Minseok’s car—a sign that he is not home yet. Luhan is getting so worried. Is something bad happened to Minseok?

            Luhan just laughed at himself when he realized what is happening to him. He feels like someone who is waiting for his husband to arrive. The difference is that he just “feels” like one.

            “So what? I’m worried about him that’s why I’m reacting this way.”

            He got thirsty that’s why he decided to go out of his room and get something to drink in the kitchen. He almost shouted when the lamp in the living room was .

            “Why are you still up? It’s ten past two.”

            “Minseok!” Luhan go near him and slapped him with the pillow that he picked up from the couch. “Don’t scare me like that!”

            Minseok grabbed the pillow from him and put it on his chest. He sat on the couch, tiredness evident on his face.

            “I was shocked too when you appeared out of nowhere.” Minseok said. “I thought you were a ghost or something.”

            “What ghost?” In the dim light of the lampshade, Luhan gazed at Minseok. “It seems like you went to a far place.”

            “We just roamed around Yeongcheon to talk to the people.”

            “Are they still protesting?”

            “I don’t know. We still don’t know the result of the negotiation that we did with the citizens. I just wish they will understand that it is for their sake that we are doing this changes for them.

            Minseok yawned. Luhan’s heart couldn’t stop reaching out fir the man he knew was invincible. And now that he is seeing him tired and drained, Luhan wants to hug Minseok. Even if he knows that it’s not allowed.  

            “You are doing everything.” Luhan said. “I’m sure they will realize it soon.”

            “Hmm.”

            “Did you arrive just now? I wasn’t able to hear your car.”

            The side of Minseok’s lips turned up. Was he smiling at him? “You’re waiting for me?”

            “No.” Luhan denied immediately. “Uh… Seongjin ahjumma just asked me earlier because you’re not yet here and it’s already midnight.”

            “They are used to me being home late.”

            Fine, he’s caught. “Yeah, well… I’m just worried that something bad might happen to you. How will I go back to Seoul if ever?”

            “You have Siwon’s number, right?”

            “That man? I doubt that he will do something to fetch me here.”

            “Siwon may seem cold and heartless, but he isn’t such a bad guy.”

            “Really? You are defending him even if he’s dissolving your membership in the club?”

            “I understand him. He has a point that’s why I didn’t disagree when he made you his spy to monitor me. A person with disability like me shouldn’t stay as a club member.”

            “That’s not true. There’s nothing wrong with you. You just lack food, that’s all. And it’s not because you deliberately forget about it. You’re just very busy that’s why you forget to eat sometimes. Most of the members of Exo Riding Club are businessman. All of them will say that they forget to eat too because of so much work that should be done. The difference in your situation is that you just had too many things to do, and so little time.”

            “Because of what you have said, I feel like you are ready to pounce on Siwon anytime when he’ll kick me out of the riding club.”

            “Of course! He doesn’t know what you are going through right now.” Luhan sighed. “The truth is, I was one of the people who judged you. When we were still at the Exo Riding Club, I’m seeing you as an opportunist and you look down on people. Because you look at a person based on his net worth. But now, I know why you don’t care about people who doesn’t have any worth on you because you need help. For your dream of Yeongcheon’s prosperity. The businessmen that you are negotiating with at Exo Riding Club will be a great help if they decide to put up their businesses in Yeongcheon. The citizens will have a job and the income of the town will increase.” Luhan placed a hand on his waist and smiled at Minseok. “You’re just too good to be true it makes me want to kiss you.”

            Now, Luhan can clearly see Minseok smiling. And it seems like his heart is melting while looking at Minseok. He didn’t expect that a simple smile can make a great impact on a person’s appearance. Because if Minseok is handsome when he is serious, he is more handsome when he is smiling. Damn it! He just couldn’t get enough of that handsome now smiling face of his. At that moment, he finally understood all those crazy feelings he had for Kim Minseok. Luhan wasn’t just attracted to him. He loved him.

            “Luhan.”

            “Yeah?”

            “Can I call you ‘Luhan’ now?”

            What went on his mind that he prohibited Minseok to call his name? Minseok says his name beautifully. His simple name becomes extraordinary when he says it. Something was tickling his heart when he hears Minseok saying his name.

            “Even if you call me any name that you like, no problem. As long as you’re happy… that’s all.”

            Minseok matched his grin. His heart flipped. Minseok was just too handsome. He tapped the space beside him.

            “Sit here.”

            “Later. I’ll just prepare something to eat.”

            “Don’t worry about it. I already ate.”

            “Really?”

            “Yeah. You can ask Jungho ahjussi.”

            “Maybe you ate a small portion again.”

            “No. I ate a full meal. I can imagine your face when you are forcing me to eat.”

            Luhan thinks for a second if what does his face looks like everytime he forces Minseok to eat. And for Minseok to be forced to eat with that look, he must have looked—

            “Cute.” Minseok said. “You looked cute when you’re frustrated like that because you couldn’t make me eat my meal.

            “Ah, my image is beautiful then. I thought…” Luhan bit his lower lip to keep himself from grinning. Minseok makes him to fall into him deeper. Maybe he’ll just forget their status for a while. For now, he will just enjoy his moment with this man.

            Luhan sat beside him, with his heart thumping like crazy once again. “So…what will we do now?”

            “Nothing.” Luhan heard Minseok sigh. “What did you do while I was gone? Aside from gossiping with the three ladies.”

            “Everything. I messed with them in the kitchen.”

            “You’re practicing how to cook? I thought you don’t have any plans on being a maid when you get married?”

            “That’s right. But I think it’s better to cook for someone that I will marry someday. My father liked my mom’s cooking so much. Even if it’s a simple dish, whenever I see my father talking to my mother about her cooking, he feels like he’s eating from a five-star restaurant. My mom never stopped smiling.” Even Luhan can’t help but smile when he sees his parents talk like that. “Come to think of it, someone is serving their spouses not because it is their duty but also because they like what they are doing. They like to see their spouses happy that’s why they are doing that. I guess that’s the real meaning of love.”          

            “And you found out all that in one day?”

            “You have no idea how much you will learn by just talking to the people around you.”

            “Hmm, I can only agree.”

            “So just like my mother, I want to see my future spouse smile because of my cooking someday.”

            “That’s a nice thought.”

            “Minseok, can I ask you something?”

            “About what?”

            “Why did you become a politician?”

            “I don’t know. Maybe… I just wanted to have a little power that I could use to make some changes for the people around me. I want to do something good for them.”

            Luhan just smiled. “Yeongcheon is really lucky to have you, Minseok.”

            Luhan focused his attention on Minseok when he felt the other man’s head rest on his shoulder.

            “I’m just so tired.” Minseok mumbled.

            “Minseok…”

            “Let me just stay this way with you for a while, Luhan.” Minseok pleaded. “Just for a while…”

            The great Kim Minseok asked him for a favor! A weird feeling enveloped his heart when looking at his handsome face. He must be really tired because he fell asleep immediately. Luhan moved to gently wrap his arm around Minseok’s shoulders. This time, he will be the one who will take care of him.

            For a while, he could pretend that Minseok wasn’t a club member and he wasn’t just an employee working for them. He leaned his head on Minseok’s and closed his eyes.

            I love you, Minseok. I love you for your strength as well as for your weakness.

-----------------------------

            “What?”

            “It’s Mr. Choi’s daughter’s birthday and the celebration will be tonight. He invited me.”

            “Why should I be there too?”

            “I’m really lazy to go especially if no one is with me. Anyway, the invitation is good for two people.”

            Luhan is really hesitant to go to that occasion. He doesn’t like parties. He is contented with just singing in karaoke bars whenever he goes out with his friends.

            “I can’t think of anyone to join me.” Minseok said. “If you don’t want to go then I won’t go too.”

            “Wait… I’m thinking.” Luhan knows that a politician like Minseok should go to occasions like this. Not to just socialize but to meet people who can support his campaigns. “You said Mr. Choi? You have a business transaction with him, right?”

            “Yes.”

            “If that’s the case, you really need to go.”

            Minseok put down his cup of coffee and continued reading the newspaper. “I won’t go there without someone to accompany me. Parties bore me to death. That’s why I need someone to join me so that I can be entertained.”

            “Last night, pillow. Now, a clown. I’m getting humiliated of my role to your life.”

            “`Tell you what…” Minseok folded his newspaper and looked at him. “I will finish all of this, if you’re coming with me to Mr. Choi’s daughter’s birthday celebration.”

            Seongjin ahjumma prepared a lot for his breakfast. “Okay, call! But we have a problem. I don’t have anything proper to wear. My uniform is the most suitable clothes that I brought.”

            “Don’t worry about your clothes.” Minseok started to eat. “I’ll take care of it.”

            “How? I don’t fit in your clothes.”

            “I said I’ll take care of it.” Minseok puts food on Luhan’s plate. “Just eat and relax. Our situation might get switched.”

            “I will never have a problem with my stomach. I love food, you know.”

            “Good. There you go. Eat.”

            “That’s enough. You are making me eat all of this.”

            “I just don’t want to make you hungry.”

            That is what they are that morning. Just teasing each other. Until now, Luhan didn’t expect that they will be in that situation. Wherein they are not thinking about their status. Minseok is the one who breaks the wall that he built between them. Well, at least that was what he thought. And he liked that thought. So now, everything is fine.

            That afternoon, two women arrived carrying five boxes of tuxedo that he can choose from. And according to them, Minseok is the one who sent them. Luhan wants to think that he is Cinderella and Minseok is the Prince Charming co-fairy godmother.

            Fairy? Godmother? That seemed to be… inappropriate. But he can be the Prince charming though.

            Luhan didn’t se Minseok the whole afternoon so he carefully chose his outfit for tonight. He doesn’t want Minseok to be disappointed in him so he must show that he deserves to be with him at that party tonight.

            “You can do this, Luhan.” He cheered himself. “For the man that you love.”

 

-----------------------------

Three chapters left! Thank you so much for the subscribes, upvotes and comments! :)