Chapter 1

Let Me In Your Heart

           “Ouch…” Luhan’s stomach grumbled again. He wasn’t able to stand properly from where he is sitting right now. He ate so much earlier that’s why his stomach is complaining from too much fullness. “I really need to watch my diet–oh, what the heck! I want to eat delicious food! Damn that diet!” His stomach grumbled again. “Ouch–”

            He didn’t need to go to the toilet. It’s just that his stomach has some sort of an air inside or something. Maybe he just need to rest. He doesn’t know if it will help to calm his upset stomach.

            “Well, it’s just that resting sounds so good.” Luhan smiled.

            Maybe that’s what really happens to the night shift employees of the Exo Guesthouse. Because he doesn’t have a companion and the place is really quiet, Luhan needs to improvise a topic for himself so that he won’t get sleepy. He is the one who is in charge in the reception area of the Exo Guesthouse where the visitors of the riding club checks in.

            The members of the riding club have their own house at the Woodridge Mansions. The owner of the club, Mr. Choi Siwon, allows conventions and conferences to be held at the club and the said guests can check in at the Exo Guesthouse.

            But right now, a company convention has just ended and the whole place is really quiet. Even if there are still some guests, it is still different if there is a company that holds their activities there. Because Luhan was able to meet and talk to some people even in the wee hours of the night. Luhan sighed. He just thought of his ultimate crush.

            “Kim Heechul.” Luhan sighed dreamily.

            Luhan walked out of the reception area and walked into the deserted lobby. His stomach somehow stopped grumbling and he feels okay now. It’s almost one in the morning. He walked around while remembering the handsome dace of his crush.

            “Heechul… Heechul… I–”

            “Yes?”

            “Christ!” Luhan stepped back when he heard someone who suddenly spoke. And the ground almost swallowed him from where he is standing because of embarrassment when he saw who is standing in front of him. “S-Sir Heechul!”

            “Yes.”

            Oh my God! Luhan screamed at himself. “U-uh, am I disturbing you? I’m sorry.”

            “It’s okay. You are not disturbing me.”

            “But I am disturbed.” A man on Heechul’s back piped in. It was Mayor Kim Minseok, another Exo Riding Club member. He was holding a mobile phone against his ear. “I can’t understand what my client is saying on the other line so can you please stop talking for a while? This is a very important business transaction we’re discussing. If this gets jeopardized then I’ll sue you and I’ll make sure you’ll rot in jail.”

            I don’t care about you! “I’m sorry, Sir Heechul. I’ll just keep quiet.”

            “It’s okay.” Heechul walked towards the elevator. “Minseok, are you still coming?”

            “No, Heechul. I’ll just wait here.”

            “Why don’t you eat first? It seems like you haven’t had your dinner yet.”

            “I’m fine.”

            Luhan’s apple of the eye shakes his head. “Better yet, why don’t you feed your phone first?” Heechul joked. “It’s working for you the whole day. Have some pity.”

            “Don’t mind us. Just go to that person you’ll supposed to meet in this guesthouse. And then we can talk about ‘our’ business.”

            “You’re really a business maniac.”

            Heechul entered the elevator. Luhan stared at him until he was out of his sight. A smile never left his lips too. He couldn’t believe God had given him an early Christmas gift in the form of Kim Heechul himself! Luhan will act nice until Christmas day so that he will receive a hot kiss from Heechul as a gift.

            Luhan grinned. He faced the young mayor of Yeongcheon that is still busy talking in his phone. “Sir, do you want something? Coffee? Juice?”

            It seems like Minseok didn’t hear anything. Luhan just shrugged and walked back to the reception area.

            “If you don’t want to talk, fine! Suit yourself.” Luhan whispered. “What’s important is that I offered you something. I’m earning reward points so that Lord will grant my wish.”

            Luhan noticed that his handkerchief is on the floor. And the moment he bent down to get it, there was a noise that exploded in the quiet lobby. For the second time, he wants the ground to swallow him up from too much embarrassment. Because he was the one that made that noise. He just farted! Luhan saw how Minseok slowly turned to him with a knotted forehead. His lips is slightly parted and it seems like he doesn’t believe that noise he just heard. Luhan wasn’t able to do anything but to smile awkwardly.

            “Uh… the quietness is so intense, right Sir?” Luhan made an excuse. “You can even hear the lizard’s fart.” Minseok covered his nose with the back of his hand and walked out. Luhan put a hand on his waist as he watch the other man. “Hah. He acts as if his fart smells so good. Excuse me, all of us has foul-smelling–”

            Luhan think for a second why Minseok’s walk becomes unsteady. If he wasn’t able to place his hand on the glass door of the guesthouse, he might fall down.

            “Wow!” Luhan sniffed the air. “My fart doesn’t smell…” He gasped when Minseok falls down on the floor. He hurriedly approached him. “Sir! Oh gosh, Sir! Don’t die. Your death will be so exaggerated–”

            “Shut up!”

            “Oh! You’re still alive! Just wait here, Sir! I’ll just call some help–”

            “Don’t…” Minseok grabs his arm to stop him. “…bother”

            Luhan looked at Minseok’s face. He looked like he was really in pain. And he knows that it is impossible that his fart is the cause of his state right now. Luhan can’t help but to worry and be guilty.

            “Sir, you need to be brought to a hospital, or even a clinic…” Luhan saw that Minseok clutched his stomach and there are beads of sweat that are forming on his face. “Just stay here, Sir. I’ll just call the clinic–”

            “I said don’t bother.”

            “Sir, I’m earning for reward points this Christmas so that I can receive a nice gift, so don’t wait for me to curse at you for your stubbornness. I don’t want to commit a sin.” He whisked Minseok’s hand from his arm. “And I don’t have any plans on seeing someone die in front of me.”

            Luhan stood up and immediately called the medical assistant in the riding club’s clinic. Good thing that Dr. Lee Donghae is in the club right now. He is also a club member. As Luhan waits for someone to pick up the phone on the other line, he glances at Kim Minseok’s direction. He isn’t used to the sight of the most respected member in the club is in that state.

            What happened to him? Is my fart really that foul-smelling? Finally, someone on the other line picked up the phone.

            “Hello! Can you please send some medical staff in the guesthouse lobby immediately? Sir Minseok is…” He saw Minseok stand even if his movements are unstable. “Dying. Please hurry up!”

            Luhan slammed the phone to the receiver then immediately went to Minseok who is about to fall down again if not for his fast reflexes. He caught Minseok in time. But because of the sudden action, Luhan lost his balance and fell down on the floor. He closed his eyes and waited for Minseok’s body to come crushing down at him. When he doesn’t feel any of his bones crushing, Luhan opened his eyes. He was immediately met by Minseok’s handsome face. He was above him and his arms were placed on either side of Luhan’s face.

            And he didn’t know why but he found himself staring at the young mayor’s handsome face. Luhan already knows that all of the members of the Exo Riding Club are all handsome. But he just sees them as “generally good-looking”. He just sees them differently when they are talking to him. Because for him, a man’s handsomeness become exceptional if he’s good-mannered. But now, as he continues to stare at Kim Minseok’s face, he becomes more handsome.

            Those eyes… that nose… those oh, so y lips…

            “What’s going on?”

            Luhan looked at the source of that voice. “Heechul!”

            He looked at Minseok that is staring at him. Then he pushed him when Minseok’s face slowly becomes closer to his. He immediately fell down on the floor. Luhan stood up and fixed himself.

            “Sir Heechul, we are not doing anything wrong. Uh… it’s uh, I’m just helping him, and then he fell down. So I caught him, then we both fell down. Then–”

            “Minseok, are you all right?”

            Luhan scratched his head. He is being eaten by his conscience, because he knows that it’s his fault why Minseok felt dizzy. If his stomach is not upset and…

            “Call some help.” Heechul ordered and inspected his co-member. “Hurry up.”

            “I already called, Sir Heechul. They are on their way now…” Luhan saw that Minseok grimaced and he just noticed his hand clutching tightly on his stomach. “Is he okay, Sir?”

            His question remained unanswered as the clinic personnel came in together with the resident doctor of the riding club, Lee Donghae. He immediately attended to Minseok.

            “Did you skip your meal again, Minseok? You’re not really listening, aren’t you?  I told you many times that you can’t skip your meal because you have a weak stomach.”

            “His stomach again?” Heechul asked. It seems like he knows what is happening to Minseok. “You know, Minseok. This isn’t the proper way to kill yourself.”

            “We should get him to the clinic.”

            “I’m fine…” Minseok tried to stand up. “I just need to rest.”

            “Yes, but you will rest in the clinic.”

            “No…”

            “Minseok, I’m the doctor here. And I should be the one who will decide if you’re okay or not. And I say you’re not okay.” Donghae signaled his staff. “Let’s go.”

            While they are preparing for Minseok to be brought to the clinic, Luhan is just watching them. Minseok was already lying on the stretcher when he turned to him.

            “Open the windows when we leave.” Minseok said. “So the foul smell that was made by… the lizards will come out.”

-----------------------------

            “Good morning and… goodbye.” Luhan just smiled on his coworker who will be taking the shift. “How was your night?”

            Luhan just yawned, everything that happened last night was crazy. “I’m tired.”

            His coworker just laughed. “Fine, I won’t ask you anymore.”

            Luhan said his goodbye and made his way to the locker room to change his clothes. After he changed into a casual outfit, he remembered Minseok.

            “Is he okay now?” The clinic of the club can be seen from where he is right now. Luhan sighed. “I can’t believe I’m doing this.”

            Luhan finds himself walking towards the clinic. He found the restaurant manager, Jessica with her husband Donghae. He was about to go back when he heard the woman’s voice.

            “Luhan, what are you doing here?”

            “Huh?” Luhan is forced to show himself. “Uh…”

            “Are you here for Minseok?” Donghae asked, smiling. “He’s right over there. He’s still asleep.”

            “He’s still asleep?” Luhan starts to get worried. “Uh, h-how is he? His condition is okay now, right?”

            “His condition will be okay if he eats on time. That man is really stubborn. He’s always skipping his meals, and that’s why he has problems with his stomach.”

            “Stomach? It’s not because of a… foul smell?”

            “Foul smell?”

            “Huh?” Luhan just laughed awkwardly. “It’s nothing… it’s nothing, really.”

            “If you want to see Minseok, just go to his room. You have the right to do so because you were the one who called for help.”

            Luhan’s original plan is to just ask for his condition. But because Donghae gave him a go signal to see Minseok, he agreed.   

            “And while you’re at it, why don’t you give the beast a kiss? You know, to wake him up.”

            “Yes, then I will be the one who will fall asleep because he’ll punch me.”

            Donghae and Jessica laughed.

            “Minseok needs someone like you, Luhan.” Donghae said. “Why don’t you court him or something?”

            “You know what, you two are crazy. You’re like…”

            “Like what?”

            “Not humans.” Luhan turned away from the two. “I’ll go now.”

            “You won’t visit Minseok?”

            Luhan stopped on his tracks. He wanted to get out of that place as soon as possible. But there was also something that was keeping him from walking out on the strange man he came face-to-face last night. He looked at the two who just keep on grinning at him.

            Luhan sighed. “Fine, I’ll just visit him for a while. But this doesn’t mean anything, okay? I’m just concerned, because I was the one who saw him last night and–”

            “Luhan, you can see him now.”

 

-----------------------------

Tadaaaaahhh!!! So how was the first chapter? I was laughing really hard while I was typing this chapter. Luhan and Minseok's first meeting is quite... interesting, right? Please please please leave a comment, I really appreciate it if you do. :) You can also subscribe or upvote if you want. ;) And oh, thank you so much for those who upvoted, subscribed and left a comment before the first chapter is even posted. Saranghamnida!!!