Chapter 3

Let Me In Your Heart

             “I can’t believe this. I really can’t believe this.” Luhan muttered repeatedly while following Minseok towards the lobby of the clubhouse. “Why did I visit that man to the clinic? I knew it. I shouldn’t really stick a lot to the club members. I should have been contented to just admiring them from afar. I should have been contented to just daydream about them. Argh! That’s what I get for always going near the club members.”

            What will he do now? For Luhan, it’s okay if he got involved in Heechul. At least, he likes that person who will mess up with his life. Luhan looked at Minseok who is still busy talking with his phone while walking fast. Luhan frowned.

            “Why him? I can stand other members but not that Minseok.”

            Luhan noticed that Minseok stopped walking as if he heard his sentiments. Luhan just closed his eyes.

            Look at this guy. I’m good and I’m trying my best to be good to him but, I can’t! I just can’t!

            When Luhan opened his eyes, Minseok was gone. He probably entered the clubhouse already. Luhan immediately followed him. He doesn’t want to lose his job so he will try his best to get along with Minseok. All that he needs to do is to report that Minseok is in a good condition, anyway. And he’ll just spend a week for that. He had to get back to the Exo Riding Club or else, he might lose Heechul. Maybe when he comes back, Heechul has someone else and Luhan doesn’t want that. When he entered the lobby, he saw Minseok talking enthusiastically with two women.

            “My father’s expecting you, Minseok. He was interested in the business proposal that you gave him and he wants to visit Yeongcheon.”

            “Oh, that’s nice to hear, Minji. I’m going to talk to your father maybe on… Thursday. Have you had your lunch yet?”

            “Not yet. Can you join us?” The woman hooked her arms on Minseok’s. “It will be fun if you have your lunch with us. Maybe we could go to your place afterwards. What do you think?”

            “I’d love that. But the problem is, I still have meetings outside the club.” Minseok glanced at his watch. “And I only have an hour left to go to Yeongcheon.”

            “That’s too bad. I thought we could spend some time together.”

            “Don’t worry, Minji. We’ll have our time.” Minseok smiled and caressed the woman’s face.

            “These two are so disgusting.” Luhan whispered. “They are doing something immoral at broad daylight! I’m still innocent, you know? I hope that you two get hit by a lightning!”

            “Who are you talking about?”

            Luhan took a step back when someone talked behind him and he also bumped whoever that man is. When he turned around to face who it was, he was greeted by one of the most handsome faces in the entire planet.

            “H-Heechul?”

            Heechul just smiled.

            “You’re so handsome…” No matter what, Luhan still loved that face. He just woke up from his reverie when Heechul cleared his throat. “I… I mean, I’m sorry, I didn’t notice you.”

            “It’s okay. You seem like in a bad mood, huh.” Heechul looked at Minseok’s direction. “Jealous?”

            “What? No!” Luhan denied furiously. “You’re my crush.” He smiled. “I… I’m sorry.”

            “It’s okay.” Again, Heechul just smiled. “Shall we go now?”

            “We?” Minseok said. He was able to approach them without Luhan noticing it. And like he’s expecting, Minseok’s reaction is not good while looking at him. “Why are you with us?”

            “Believe me, Sir Minseok, I also don’t like being with you.”

            “I’m talking to Heechul.”

            “I’m Leeteuk’s second pilot today.” Heechul answered. “I don’t have any plans so I’m coming with you.”

            “If you two are done flirting with each other, maybe we can go now. Where’s Leeteuk?”

            “Oh, that.” Heechul answered. “He’s in the helipad now. I’m just here to inform you. So… let’s go.”

            “Okay.” Luhan went near Heechul. “Sir, is it okay that you knew that I…”

            “That you have a crush on me? It’s okay. I’m used to that confession. Anyway, just go with Minseok. I’ll just have to go somewhere first.”

            “Wha–” Heechul already rode on his car before Luhan could even react. He is busy wallowing for Heechul’s disappearance when he heard the turning on of the engine of Minseok’s car. Luhan immediately went to him. “Hey! Are you leaving me here?”

            Luhan rode on the passenger seat. “Is it really forbidden in your religion to smile? But why did you smile when you talked to those two women in the clubhouse?”

            “I don’t have any reason to smile at you.”

            That is the reason why Luhan doesn’t like Minseok. He is so evil! He just says whatever he wants even if he hurts other people.

            So, Luhan just reminisced his encounter with Heechul earlier so that he will forget Minseok’s rude behavior for  a while. “Heechul is so handsome! Especially when he smiles. And he moves so gracefully.” Luhan giggled.

            “Where are you getting off? Maybe you can walk from here.”

            “Here?” There are no signs of civilization on where they are right now. This is the part of the large territory of the club wherein there is just endless trees and grasses. “I won’t get off here. I don’t want to lose my job so even if it’s against my will, I’ll follow Siwon’s orders.”

            “You don’t have to come with me. You can tell Siwon that my health is in good condition even if you’re not with me.”

            “You even teach me how to lie. I don’t want to. My parents taught me not to lie. I’ll just go with you wherever you go. At least, for the whole week. I think it’s enough time for Siwon and the other club members to believe that you are okay even if it’s not true.”

            Luhan glared at Minseok. “And for your information, your chance to stay at the Exo Riding Club is in my hands. So if you want me to respect you, then learn to respect me first.” Minseok closed his eyes when Luhan slapped him. Hard. “I’m not as rich as you or the other members and guests of this club. But I’m still human like you, you know? We are all equal.”

            For the second time, Luhan felt the smoothness of Minseok’s face because he touched him when he visited the latter at the clinic. Touching Minseok like that gave Luhan a warm and calming feeling inside him. So Luhan didn’t notice that his hand is touching Minseok’s face for a while now. Plus the fact that Luhan gets drowned in Minseok’s gaze. For a moment, Luhan forgets about the way Minseok treated him earlier. And the way he looked at him.

            “I can sue you for assault, you know?” Minseok said.

            That’s when Luhan’s senses came back. But when he tried to step back, he can’t because minseok is holding his arm. He tried to pull his arm away but Minseok didn’t let him go. For the first time, Luhan gets nervous on Minseok’s presence. But that nervousness is not because he is afraid.

            “Maybe my chance in staying in the riding club is in your hands, but it doesn’t really mean I’m letting you get too close to me. Don’t forget our status, Mister. I’m one of the club members. And you’re just one of the people who work for us. I won’t insult you as long as you know your place. I hope you understand that.”

            That’s when Minseok let go of him and quietly turned the engine on. Luhan tried to forget what Minseok have said but it keeps on replaying on his mind. It seems like Minseok some slapped some sense into him and made him realize why he should just be contented on admiring the club members from afar. Because they are in different worlds. And now, Kim Minseok just made it even clearer that there would always be a great wall between the rich and the poor.

            “I’m one of the club members. And you’re just one of the people who work for us.” Luhan won’t forget those words forever.

            “We’re here.”

            Minseok get off the car first. With the words still ringing in his ears, Luhan went out after Minseok. But he froze when he saw a helicopter. A man wearing a sunglasses who is leaning on the chopper approached Minseok.

            “What took you so long? I’ve been waiting for two minutes already.”

            “Sorry, Leeteuk. I had something to do in the clubhouse for a bit.”

            Leeteuk looked at him. “So, you’re bringing him, huh.”

            “You know about him?”

            “Siwon told us about his ultimatum that he gave you and what is his role.” Leeteuk fixed his bullcap. “Take care of him. You‘re doomed if his assessment to you will be bad. Siwon is really serious in dissolving your membership in the club.”

            Luhan doesn’t have an idea what Minseok’s reaction is because his gaze is just fixed on the helicopter. His grip on the car door handle tightened. Should he start praying? Maybe he’ll just call his family so that he could say his final goodbye before he rides that helicopter.

            “Hey!” Minseok said. “Let’s go.”

            “H-huh? But…” Luhan looked around. “Sir Heechul is not yet here. We should wait for him.”

            “No need. He called Leeteuk earlier before we arrived. He needs to talk to his brother about something.” Minseok waited for him to move. When Luhan doesn’t budge, Minseok crossed his arms. “What?”

            “Uh… S-sir Heechul is not yet here–”

            “The hell with Heechul! If you don’t want to go, then fine.”

            “Minseok,” Leeteuk piped in. “Remember, you could get kicked out of the club if you–”

            “All right, all right.” Minseok let out a frustrated sigh. “Damn it! Why am I in this situation?”

            Leeteuk just tapped Minseok’s shoulder before getting on the chopper. Minseok approached Luhan. “Let’s go.” Luhan shook his head. “Man, I don’t have time for this.”

            Luhan shook his head again and tightened his hold on the door handle. That is when Minseok’s patience snapped because he just pulled his hand. His forehead knotted when he doesn’t let go of the car handle. Minseok tried pulling him again but he doesn’t move an inch.

            “Ah, you know Sir Minseok, it’s not nice if we just leave Sir Heechul. I really thing we should wait for him. He will get mad if–”

            “No. He’s not coming anymore.”

            Luhan planted his feet firmly on the ground and his arms on the chopper’s steps. “Wait, Sir. I’ll just appreciate the beautiful design of this chopper. You know, it’s my first time seeing this beauty made by science. It’s really beautiful, huh? What does the rotor blades at the back look like?”

            “Shut up and just get in!”

            “Yes, Sir!”

            Luhan’s grip on his seat tightened when Minseok closed the chopper’s door when he got in. One signal to Leeteuk and the helicopter starts to lift from the ground. Luhan’s eyes closed tightly and he whimpered.

            “Hey, are you all right?” Luhan just nodded furiously. “Ah, I see. You’re afraid of heights aren’t you? Well, don’t worry. There’s always a first time for everything.”

            “Yes–” Luhan whimpered again when he felt the chopper moved.

            “Just relax.”

            “I am relaxed. I’m fine.”

            “Yeah, right.”

            “I said I’m fine.” Luhan opened his eyes to look at Minseok. It was a wrong move. Because his gaze went past Minseok’s face. He saw the clouds and he realized how high their chopper is right now. He quickly covered his eyes with his hands. “I’m fine, I’m fine… I’m gonna die…”

            “Ah, geez! Why didn’t you told me earlier that you’re afraid to ride a chopper?”

            “Because you never asked me and you didn’t tell me we’re going to ride a chopper to go to your place.” 

            “What?”

            Because of his nervousness, Luhan just talks nonstop. He can’t even understand himself.

            “Are we dead yet?”

            “You look like an idiot. Just stop fussing because nothing will happen. Leeteuk is a good chopper pilot.”

            “Are we dead yet?”

            “You–”

            “Are we dead yet?”

            Luhan felt that Minseok removed his hands from his face. “Open your eyes. What’s wrong with you? Why are you trembling so bad?”

            “Are we dead yet?”

            Luhan felt Minseok pull him towards him and the next thing he knew, a calming warm feeling had enveloped him. He felt his cheek made contact on Minseok’s chest because he heard his loud heartbeat.

            “Leeteuk, get us down.”

            “I can’t, Minseok. We don’t have a place to land.”  

            “Just find a clearing there.”

            “You’re going to get us in trouble for this.”

            “I don’t care!” Minseok shouted. “Just get us down! Now!”

 

-----------------------------

So, I apologize for making Minseok's character a bit of an a--hole in this story. But I assure you, this is just temporary. Tsundere! Minseok is life. :) I apologize for any grammatical errors. I have an exam tomorrow and I need to study for it, so I don't have time to edit this. :(