Chapter 10

Let Me In Your Heart

Hello! This will be the last chapter for this story. T^T I really want to thank all of the kind people who have read, commented, subscribed, and upvoted. I really love you guys!!! Oh, and check my new Baektao's story, Simply Meant To Be. Without further ado, here's the last chapter. Enjoy!!!

-----------------------------

 

            Minseok’s question sounded like an exploding bomb to Luhan.

            “Luhan.”

            “Uh…”

            “I know this may sound so sudden. But I should have said it to you before.”

            “Min…”

            “I’m just thinking that my problems are piling up. So I’m fixing them one by one. And since my problem in Yeongcheon came to me first, I have to fix it first. And I told myself that the moment I face you again, I want some part of my life to become peaceful so that I can assure you that you will be peaceful in my arms.” Minseok’s forehead knotted. “But those two, Heechul and Kyuhyun, sent me this picture of you, three. With them kissing you!”

            “They sent that to you? But they told me that I should delete that picture on my phone because you might get jealous so I deleted it immediately. I never thought that…” Luhan placed a hand on his forehead. “I can’t believe those two!”

            “Let’s deal with them later.”

            “Min—”

            “Just let me talk first, Luhan. I think between the two of us, I should be the one who’s saying a lot of things.” Minseok’s phone ringed. He answered the call. “Continue with the meeting even without me. You can do it. I have more important things to deal right now. Don’t call me. I’ll call you.”

            “You walked out of a meeting?”

            “You go, man.” Victoria said beside them, listening.

            “Minseok, why did you walk out of your meeting? It’s important, right? It’s for the prosperity of Yeongcheon.”

            “Yeongcheon can wait…” Minseok face is really close. “I have to get the man I love first.”

            Luhan gasped. “But… I’m poor.”

            “Since when our state of living became an issue for both of us?”

            “When—”

            “I know. It was a stupid thing for me to say, because your face is really close to mine. I can’t think straight so I’m just saying anything without thinking of it. I don’t have an idea what happened to me that they when we are travelling to Yeongcheon but the only thing I know is that when I opened my eyes, the first thing that I saw was your face. And even without opening my eyes, your voice kept my senses alive.”

            “Oh, no! You heard everything that I have said in the clinic?” Minseok nodded. “All of it?”

            “That’s why I got curious of you. All the praises that you said to me was enough to make me get up and jump out of bed. I’m feeling really well. Plus the fact that when I opened my eyes, you’re there and sleeping beside me. That’s the first time when a person that I don’t even personally know stayed by my side even if he doesn’t know me.”

            Luhan touched his own face. “Actually, I was just sleepy at that time so I just slept there without your permission.”

            “And I’m glad you did.”

            Luhan went back to the day when he and Minseok first met. He can’t see any romantic in it. He even drooled and Minseok said so himself, right? That moment was so embarrassing and he just wants to forget that day. But it’s different for Minseok.

            For Minseok, it was the most beautiful day of his life. Luhan can’t help but get mushy at that fact.

            “That’s also the reason why I didn’t argue with Siwon when he suggested you watch over my health. Because I wanted you to be with me. I wanted you to know the real me. It’s because I know my reputation in the whole Exo Riding Club. So I thought that it was a good opportunity for you to know me well.”

            “Yeah.” Luhan nodded. “You were not that bad. I admit that at first, like any other people, I look at you differently. But when I get to know the real you, it’s like I want to build a monument for you. You’re the most honest, sincere, and kindest man I’ve ever met.”

            Minseok smiled. “Really?”

            “Yes. You never gave up Yeongcheon because you cared for your people. You even put your reputation on the line so that there will be many investors that want to put up their businesses in your town. Minseok, that the kindest thing that a person can do for others.”

            “I’m so glad you understand.”

            “I’m taking back what I have said before. That I should be just contented with admiring guys like you. Because even if it is chaotic every time we meet, I will never regret choosing those chaotic meetings over the most quiet and peaceful life in the whole world.”

            Minseok nodded. He had a satisfied look on his face now. “I’m sorry I’d hurt you during the whole… scene. You know I didn’t mean to.”

            “I know.”

            “But… it’s true that I want you to be with me before because you have a use for me.”

            “Huh?”

            Minseok laughed at his reaction. “You make my life complete. That’s your use to me. When you left the house, it seems like I’m looking for something else. I want to go to you and ask you to go back to my house. But what will be my reason if ever you will ask me why?

            “There are so many people around me but I just want to see a certain person. So when Kyuhyun and Heechul sent me your picture, I ran to get here. I don’t want to lose you, Luhan. I don’t want to go back to my old life wherein all I care about is my business and my political career. I don’t want to return to the cold person everyone knew. All my life, I have always longed for the time when I could have someone who will hold me tenderly and would make me feel fine even when I’m weak. Please stay with me. I need you, Luhan. I need you because I love you.”

            The confession was more than anything he could ever imagine. “I don’t want to cry.”

            “Don’t cry.” Minseok went to the other side of the reception table.

            “Wait.” Luhan said to stop Minseok from coming any nearer. “Just give me a moment to clear my head.”

            “Okay.”

            One, two, three. Luhan looked at the man standing in front of him, looking at him like he was the only man in the world. Like he was the only person in the world for him.

            “I love you, Minseok. I love you because even when you’re strong, you still approached me to tell me you need me.” Minseok nodded. “Thank you for making me feel better after that scene in Yujin’s party. Thank you for dancing with me and creating music for me.”           

            “You’re welcome.”

            “I don’t need to wait for Christmas to get the most amazing gift because you’re here, Minseok. You’re all I ever needed. I love you. And I’m more than happy to be with you.”

            “Finally. I thought you’ll never gonna say it.”

            Minseok gathered him in his arms as he accepted everything about him. Luhan even felt Minsoek breathing deeply as if he was holding his breath the entire time. He can even feel Minseok’s heartbeat. If that’s the case, then he is not the only one who’s experiencing those weird feelings.

            Love is really crazy.

            “You know,” Victoria said. “Even if your love story ended beautifully thanks to those two bastards, they aren’t exempted with what they did to me.”

            “Who was that scary woman?” Minseok asked.

            “Victoria. I think she was Kyuhyun’s ex-girlfriend.”

            “What is she doing here?”

            “From what I’ve heard, she wants to get her revenge on those two.”

            “Really? Let’s go talk to her.”

            “Later. Let’s just clear something first.”

            “What is it?”

            “You asked me to marry you. But I wasn’t able to answer you yet.”

            Minseok smiled lovingly before turning his whole attention on him again. He placed their foreheads together and asked him again.

            “Will you marry me…” Their lips were only a breath away from each other. “Luhan?”

            “Convince me first why I should accept your proposal.”

            “With pleasure.”

            When their lips met for the second time, they forget their plan on following Victoria. Now and forever, they will be the leading character on their own love story.

 

-----------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter. Here's a baozi and a deer for you ;)

tumblr_ndq3ljaO2G1r5hdmoo2_500.gif