Chapter 2

Let Me In Your Heart

Luhan gently closed the door of Minseok’s private room. The clinic is really extraordinary. It’s better than the most prestigious hospital in the whole country. The clinic has complete facilities and it has seven private rooms for patients.

            Luhan cleared his throat so that Minseok can notice his presence. Minseok doesn’t move an inch from where he is lying down so Luhan slowly approached him.

            “Uh… h-how are you?” Luhan asked the sleeping man. “I hope you are okay. Because you know, I was getting bothered by my own conscience about what happened to you. I feel I’m the reason why you had stomachache even if Dr. Lee said that you have a weak stomach. I’m really sorry because of what you smelled last night. I don’t have any intentions on poisoning you with the smell of my… you know. But I’m glad to hear that it wasn’t because of me that you fainted.” Luhan bit his lip when he saw Minseok move and turned towards him.

            Luhan stared at him. And he can’t believe that he can’t look away from Minseok’s face. He knows that all of the club members are handsome. That’s why he had a crush on some of them. And the latest is Kim Heechul. But this guy in front of him now, he just couldn’t tear his eyes away from him. It’s really possible that someone looks really good when sleeping. Because Luhan can’t see any flaw on Minseok’s face.

            “Why am I noticing you just now?” Luhan whispered to himself and he slowly make his way to Minseok’s bed. “You are too handsome. It seems unreal.”

            Luhan bring his face near Minseok’s. He can’t help but to smile. Who would have thought that this man is the most snobbish and the most sarcastic member of the Exo Riding Club? Minseok looks like an angel at this moment.

            Luhan pulled a chair and sat beside Minseok’s bed so that he can stare at his face. He is asleep so he won’t know what Luhan will do. Luhan can’t resist touching Minseok’s face. His skin is so smooth. He has an aristocratic nose, pink lips and thick eyebrows. His eyelashes are long too. Luhan sighed.

            “I’m not really sure but in my opinion, you have the most perfect face when asleep.” Luhan giggled. “You and my Heechul are so handsome.”

            Luhan yawned. He is really sleepy. Luhan should be leaving but he doesn’t want Minseok’s handsome face out of his sight.

            “Five minutes…” Luhan mumbled. He placed his arms on Minseok’s bed and placed his head in it. He’s still staring at Minseok’s face. “I’ll sleep beside you, okay?”

            He doesn’t know what happened next because Luhan fell asleep. After a while, he woke up and stretched. Luhan is a bit confused on where he is. Everything has been clear to him when he saw Minseok.

            “You’re drooling.” Minseok said seriously.

            “What?” Minseok answered by handing him a box of tissue and pointed it to his mouth. Luhan just realized what Minseok is trying to say. “Oh gosh!”

            Luhan immediately wiped his mouth. Gross! So he was drooling while sleeping. Luhan went to the bathroom to wash his face.

            “You’re really embarrassing, Luhan!” Luhan silently screamed at his own reflection. “You caused air pollution last night. Now, your drool is forming a lake. And why is that person always sees you embarrassing yourself? Wow!”

            It’s really embarrassing because Minseok always sees him embarrassing himself. Luhan counted from one to ten then he decided to come out of the bathroom. He covered his face with his hands then he went to the door. But he was pushed back when someone opened the door and hit his face.

            “What are you doing there?” It was Choi Siwon. He was with Oh Sehun and Kris Wu that is looking at him. Their reactions are all the same and wondering why he is sprawled on the floor. If not for his aching shoulder, Luhan would have admired these three men because they all looked regally handsome in their riding uniform.

            “It’s nothing, Sir.” Luhan said before wincing in pain. “I uh, um… I just thought that it’s a nice time to swim, you know?”

            “No.”

            Sehun bent down to help him up but someone had reached him first. Holding his arm firmly but gently, that person helped him get up. Luhan is surprised when he see Minseok beside him.

            “Where’s Donghae?” Minseok asked his co-members. “I want to get out of here. I have so many things to do.”

            “This is a nice timing then.” Kris said. “We need to talk. How is the political system in Yeongcheon? I heard it’s still a mess.”

            “Yeah. That’s why I had to go back there now.”

            “But you’re not yet okay.” Luhan piped in. He wants the ground to swallow him up when the other men looked at him. Of all the club members, why is these three are here? They are the most intimidating members in this club, together with Minseok. Plus the fact that Siwon is the club owner. “A-ah, what I mean is, something might happen to you when you go out of this clinic.”

            “So what are you trying to say?” Sehun said. “You’re preventing Minseok hyung to leave Exo Riding Club?”

            “It’s not like that. I’m just thinking that because of what happened last night, it’s pretty dangerous if he leaves the club without someone who will take care of him.”

            “Take care of me?” It seems like Minseok wants to strangle him. “And who are you to tell me what’s good and bad for me? You’re not even a doctor.”

            “Maybe I’m not, Sir. But I saw what happened to you last night. I’m sorry if you think that I’m so nosy. I’m just concerned about your condition.”

            “Well, I don’t need your pity.”

            “Sir, I’m not saying that I pity you. I’m just concerned. Concerned. You know that?”

            “Just send your concern to someone. I don’t need your pity. I can take care of myself.” Minseok let go of him and returned to his bed to get the medicine on the top of the nightstand.

            Luhan just scratched his head. This man is really unbelievable. He’s snob and jerk at the same time. If you don’t want my concern, fine then. You can’t threaten me.

            “Kris, just wait for me at the Rider’s Verandah.” Minseok said. “We’ll just talk there about the–”

            “Yeah, about that. I don’t think I can work with a disabled man.”

            Even Luhan’s forehead knotted with what Kris has said. Disabled?

            “Come again?” Minseok asked.

            “You don’t look so good, Minseok. I don’t want to go into a merge with an unhealthy businessman.”

            “W-wait, Sir Kris.” Luhan piped for the second time. “Sir Minseok doesn’t have a severe disease so don’t say that.”

            “The guards showed us the surveillance tape form the guesthouse lobby last night. You couldn’t even stand up, Minseok.”

            “It’s just a simple stomachache.” Luhan said. “I think it won’t affect whatever your deal is with Sir Minseok. And he’s okay now.”

            “You’re not a doctor, boy. And I’m talking to Minseok.”

            Luhan seems like he’s slapped by Kris’ words. He is humiliated. He can’t really stop his mouth so that’s what he gets.

            “Hey, you, I don’t need you to take my side.” Minseok is still glaring at him before looking at Kris. “And you don’t need to talk to him like that, Kris. He’s just talkative so just ignore him.”

            “I’m not talkative.”

            Minseok just ignored him. Luhan doesn’t know why but somehow, when he heard Minseok defending him from Kris, he felt his humiliation vanished. He really ought to learn to shut his mouth.

            “Hyung.” Sehun, who is just quiet all the time said, “I don’t deal with someone who… has questionable health.”

            “What?”

            “I’m a perfectionist. I just want to make sure that all of my business deals will be successful.”

            “You can’t back out now. We already talked about this.”

            “We don’t have a formal deal yet. So I can take back what we have talked on.”

            Luhan knows that he doesn’t have any right to interfere or to say something. But based on what he is hearing, it is unfair to Minseok. “Wait.”Luhan said. “Why are you basing a person’s abilities on a mere incident? As what Sir Minseok has said, he’s fine now. So you don’t need to cancel your transactions with him just because you saw him suffer from a simple stomachache last night?”

            Luhan knows that Siwon is firm when it comes to the riding club’s rules and regulations. And one of which is the employees should have big respect to the club members. So Luhan is sure that he’ll be fired from his job any minute now because of his meddling. Especially when all of them are still quiet.

            “Hey.” Minseok called him. “Don’t meddle with our problems. Just go home and sleep there.”

            Luhan faced him. “I’m not meddling. I’m just saying what I feel about how they are treating you. I’m even defending you. And don’t you ‘hey’ me. I have a name. Luhan.”

            “I don’t remember asking for your name. So if you must, don’t interfere. You don’t have any involvement in this conversation.”

            “I know. But you are not even defending yourself so how will they know that what they are doing is wrong? I’m just helping you. But don’t worry; I’ll help you for free.”

            “Once again, I never asked for your help.”

            “I never asked for your permission either.”

            Luhan and Minseok glared at each other. Luhan didn’t back down. He knows that he is right so he’s not going to back down.

            Someone entered the room. It was Dr. Lee Donghae. “Oh, it looks like Minseok has many visitors today.”

            “Donghae, how’s Minseok’s health?” Siwon asked.

            “He’s fine. But he needs to eat on time or else he will be brought to a hospital again.” Donghae looked at Minseok. “I’m serious this time, Minseok. If you continue to not take care of yourself, your condition will get worse.”

            “I know.”

            “Good.” Siwon said. “Luhan, from now on, you will make sure that Minseok will not skip his meals.”

            Luhan gawked at Siwon.

            “What? I don’t need anyone.”

            “You need him.” Kris said. “Because he’s the one who will assure us if we should continue our business transaction with you. Call us shrewd, but we’re businessman, Minseok. We need to know we can rely on you as our partner. If you’re always ending up on the hospital because of a simple stomachache, then I don’t think I can fully trust my business with you.”

            “Sorry, hyung.” Sehun said. “Business is business. We can always be friends, though.”

            “That’s… that’s unfair…” Luhan said. But at some point, they are making sense.

            “Well, Minseok?” Siwon asked, obviously ignoring his weak protest. “Take it or leave it.”

            “I’ll take it.”

            Now it is Luhan’s turn to gawk at Minseok. “Are you crazy? Why are you agreeing with them?”

            “I have no choice. I need those transactions.”

            “All you talk about is yourself! What about me? You can’t just make a decision for me without asking for my opinion.”

            “Well, let’s see…” Siwon talked again. “If you won’t take this, you’re fired.”

            “What?” Luhan said in a loud voice. “You can’t do this!”

            “Says who?” Siwon turned his back on them. “If Kris and Sehun are contented on your report regarding Minseok’s health, you can go back on your job here. And, oh, yeah.” Siwon turned to Minseok. “If I ever hear you suffer another attack like you had last night, I’ll dissolve your membership at the Exo Riding Club. You know the rules, Minseok.”

            That’s it and then Siwon left them. Then Sehun and Kris followed.

            “Don’t take it against Siwon, Minseok.” Donghae said. “He’s just worried that your next attack might be on the middle of your horseback riding. I don’t want to think what might happen to you then.”

            “I’m not sick.”

            “Maybe not now. But will you wait for your condition to get worse? I know you want to help your people but you also have to take care of yourself.”

            Minseok doesn’t say anything for a while then he took his jacket and left the clinic. Luhan is left with absorbing what just happened a while ago. It looks like he really needs to sleep. He’s getting himself involved to different problems.

            “I really have no idea how you got involved in this problem.” Donghae said. “But Siwon and the other members seemed to have entrusted Minseok to you. So do your best.”

            “Do my best? I’m getting crazy here!”

            Donghae smiled. “You’ll be fine.”

            “You’re all sick!”

            “Good luck.”

 

-----------------------------

So how's this chapter? :) And for the second time, I was really cracking up when I was writing this one. And I have a new poster yay! I'm really sleepy so I apologize for any grammatical errors.