The Reason

MARRIAGE PLAN

MARRIAGE PLAN

CHAPTER VI

The Reason

Da Eun sat on the edge of the tree house, swinging her legs alternately. Her face was a mess. Reddened eyes. Mascara smudged. The hair is disheveled. The dress is dirty and matted.

It was getting dark, but Da Eun didn’t move from her place at all. She seems to enjoy the silence there.

Just like the silence in her heart.

Yoo Da Eun patted her cheeks were flushed and closed her eyes briefly. Soon, her eyes were still coiled white ring on her finger.

And she pulled it out.

Da Eun stared at the ring, now held before the ring was tumbling to the ground below. She looked down for a moment staring at the ring on the ground and turned as if nothing happen.

Not as if.

But between her and Yoon Gi is there’s nothing.

"Cried again?"

Da Eun perform one movement of the fastest she'd ever done.

Look down.

To see Yoon Gi standing underneath.

The girl was too shocked to speak. "No need to be stunned as it is," said Yoon Gi

"What are you doing here?" asked Yoo Da Eun cold and flat. "Your marriage..."

The next words are no longer spoken by Da Eun  when Yoon Gi raised his hand. Directing white ring on his finger. Da Eun understood. She turned away and sighed.

"I don’t think you're still into this place."

Da Eun silent.

Yoon Gi looked up. "What are you doing exactly?"

"None of your business," said Da Eun. She got up and started down the stairs slowly children. She exhaled a long breath while on the ground. At least she managed to not make a fool in front of Yoon Gi.

Yoon Gi standing in front of her with his hands were in his pockets. He smiled thinly. "You look like ."

Da Eun didn’t budge. She then walked through Yoon Gi,

"Yoo Da Eun."

Da Eun is still running. Trying to stop herself from overflowing there.

Yoon Gi folded his arms over his chest. "Tell me what you want to say to me."

"Nothing."

"Why continue to cover it up?"

Da Eun stopped. "What do you care?" she replied flatly. Her face didn’t issue any expression.

Yoon Gi walked over, while Da Eun still giving back to Yoon Gi. He stopped his feet a few meters from Da Eun. He looked down. "You're still the same as before. Not biased to express what you want. Not can’t. You don’t want to. "

Da Eun turned. Her hands clenched tightly at her sides. Trying to stay calm even though the heart felt so numb. "You ..." Da Eun sighed. "What do you want?"

Yoon Gi looked down and said, "I just want you to say what you want."

Da Eun cocked her head. "If I say what I want, will it happen now? If I say what I want, would you do make it happen for me? If I say what I want, " she paused to calm down, then continued," what can you guarantee there’s no one will be hurt? "

Yoon Gi silent.

"Why you silent? You can’t make happen what I want? You can’t  guarantee no one gets hurt, so that’s why you’re in silent? If so, why do you keep asking, but ultimately you know there won’t be anything you can do. "

Yoon Gi his dry lips. "How can I grant you the wish, if I don’t know what you want? How I can guarantee there won’t be anyone get hurt, if you don’t tell me what do you want? "

Da Eun bit her lip. She looked back tears and began to regulate her breathing erratic.

Yoon Gi stepped forward. "Yoo Hyeon said, every day you're always going somewhere." Da Eun looked up and stared straight Yoon Gi. " Is this the place?" ssked Yoon Gi.

Da Eun cleared agreed. Yoon Gi stared with sharper. "Why?" Da Eun pensive silence, noiselessly and kept staring Yoon Gi. "Why?"

"Waiting for you,"

Yoon Gi stunned. His eyes widened. "I don’t know if you still remember it, but I still clearly remembered it. 'If you need me, come here, then I will come', do you remember? "Da Eun laughed dryly. Her eyes were moist and red. "Of course you don’t."

Da Eun looked up and forced a small smile on her face. "I still remember it so clearly, that's why I continue to come here after you left without even saying goodbye. I still continue to come here a few years later, keep to think that you will really come. "

She drew a deep breath. "If I think back, I really stupid at the time. Hope you still remember your words, while you don’t even remember it at all. Really stupid. "

Yoon Gi swallowed. "Why wait for me?"

"Why?" Da Eun exhale with a jolt. "Why? I also think like that. You just go, without message me. That day I was really angry. I went to your house and shouted, hoping you'd still be there, waiting for me to come and say goodbye. But you weren’t there. "

Da Eun looked at her hand and said, "While waiting for the first time, I too ask. 'Why did I wait, when you leave me alone'? "

The girl looked up and stared quietly Yoon Gi, then said, "Because I miss you. Because I want to see you. Because I love you."

Da Eun feel her chest becomes lighter. Her breathing is no longer stifling. She felt really relieved. Relieved reveal what is so far only known to her. Relieved to say what she had to say.

"But," Da Eun adding, "you don’t need to worry. I won’t appear in front of you and disturb you and Yoo Hyeon. I won’t. This is the last one."

Da Eun about to walk away when another hand pulled her into a hug. Into Yoon Gi’s sleeve. Da Eun's eyes widen in shock until she could only silently holding their breath.

Yoon Gi soft breath blown in the side of Da Eun. Back of Da Eun leaning on Yoon Gi’s  chest. "Don’t go."

One word that makes Da Eun feel sick. Yoo Hyeon face playing in his head. Yoon Gi just love Yoo Hyeon. Wake up Da Eun.

"Hey!"