The Groom

MARRIAGE PLAN

MARRIAGE PLAN

CHAPTER I

The Groom

Tuesday, 20 th October 2015

Yoo Da Eun drank her coffee slowly. Then she sighed heavily when the hot coffee passed her esophagus. She put back the cup on wood table and threw her eyes to a woman across her. "Where's Yoo Hyeon?"

The woman pulled up her shoulders. "Don’t know. I couldn’t reach her," she said as her eyes looking at cellphone.

"The habit that will not change," complained Da Eun.

They were decided to kept waiting while trading each others stories. Da Eun couldn’t resist that she was missing them, Cha Hyo In - the woman in front of her - and Lee Yoo Hyeon after they leaving her for work to a foreign country. Although just for three years, Da Eun felt all alone without them.

Couple times later, Yoo Hyeon stood beside the edge of table. Two couples of eyes staring at her cynically. "Sorry," she mumbled and took a seat right beside Da Eun. "Did you know how long I've waiting for you?" Da Eun snorted irritably.

Yoo Hyeon giggled. "Right, What can I do to pay my late?"

Hyo In shook her head. "Did the Americans really appreciate the time, didn’t they? You went to America and still on late like this? "

"I'm still in jet lag, you know? The way from America to Korea is ing tough. It was absorbed all of my energy, nothing left behind, " replied Yoo Hyeon. Da Eun laughed a bit. Maybe this was what she missing for. Laughing with those girls.

"Then," Da Eun pulled up her voice, "How was America?"

Yoo Hyeon hummed. "So so. The company who asked for my design, re-newed the contract, make it longer. Actually I wanted to reject it, but when they allowed me to work from here, I just took it. "

Hyo In was turned and frowning. "Did you meet someone there?"

Yoo Hyeon put a smile. "Well ... I've met some people."

"And?"

Lee Yoo Hyeon shrugged her shoulders. "And I met someone there. That's it," she stopped the story right after she finished her last word, make other girls moan. "Just tell it more detail," complained Da Eun

Yoo Hyeon humming again. "I met him in New York. He was my company's client that time. More exactly, he was the models of clothes I've designed for. And, yeah," Yoo Hyeon kept trying to cover up.

Hyo In hit Yoo Hyeon's arm. "Tell us more or I swear I'm gonna kill you."

"Right," Yoo Hyeon cocked her head. "He's Korean. Daegu. He had been there, America, since he was seventeen. He's handsome. Charismatic yet cute," she answered, half daydreamed.

Da Eun and Hyo In exchanging stares as they raised eyebrows.

"And we're getting married this Saturday,"

Da Eun eyes dilated. "Do you?"

"As soon as that?" said Hyo In stunned. Yoo Hyeon nodded slowly. "That's it. I've been taking care of the preparations since I was in America. And I went back here to get married," Yoo Hyeon blushed. Her clean white cheeks immediately flushed.

Da Eun holding Yoo Hyeon’s hands on the table. Then smiled warmly. "Congratulations Yoo Hyeon."

Hyo In smiling broadly. "So, when will you introduce him to us?"

**************************************************

Da Eun stomping upon arrival at the front door of the room. She held the door knob and push makes it creaked slowly.

She threw away her bag and white jacket she brought before flopping over the mattress. She stared at the ceiling of her room which filled with star images using paint that glows in the dark. She sighed in relief and smiled slightly.

Then she raised a hand and stared at the ring on her finger. "Evil," she muttered as she continued to stare at the ring.

Her thoughts were shattered when the mattress vibrates. Her cell phone was vibrating. A second later, the phone was already stuck on her ear.

"Namjoon," she called cheerfully.

Namjoon’s laughter was heard from inside the phone. "What is wrong with you? Sounded happy, "

Da Eun chuckled. "What's wrong with a little carefree I call you?" She laughed and continued, "Why you call me?"

"Nothing. Just check if you're alive or not, " Namjoon quipped, followed by his laughter. Da Eun snorted, "I'm still alive. You just calm down. I won’t die that easy."

Namjoon cleared his throat. "So what's wrong with you?"

"What?"

"I know you're happy today. What is that?"

A smile appeared on Da Eun’s face. "Yoo Hyeon will getting married. Indeed a bit sudden, but I'm glad she finally found someone. "

"How about you?"

Da Eun stunned. She heard Namjoon sigh. "Still hoping he come back and see you?"

"Stop staring at the ring." Da Eun lowered her right hand and blinking. "Forget about that  jerk. He won’t come back to you. "

Da Eun bit her lip. "What's wrong with hoping? What's wrong with waiting? Why should I forget him? Since he left me, without leaving any word? Namjoon, it’s nonsense,"

Namjoon took a deep breath. "Did he ever call you after he left? Did he ever come and find you? You're just going to hurt yourself, Da Eun. Let go of him,"

Da Eun swallowed and sighed. "Why should I? Did you know he was so imp ...

"Because I don’t want to see you get hurt,"

**************************************************

Wednesday, 21 th October 2015

Da Eun spinning on a bench behind her desk. She stared at the heap of design drawings for the front page of a magazine that had just been given by the man in front of her. It has been four years she worked in B! magazine and she loves her job.

Da Eun continued cradling which design will be used as the front page when her cell phone vibrated. She grabbed it and read the names listed on the screen. Lee Yoo Hyeon. She opened the phone flip and said, "Hello."

"Da Eun, are you busy?"

Da Eun moving her free hand, pointed one design and stared at him. The man nodded and hurried to pick up the piece of paper he brought from her table. "What?" asked Da Eun.

Yoo Hyeon pout. "Are you busy?"

Da Eun shook her head slowly. "Not really. What’s wrong?"

"I want you to help me choose the wedding dress. You're working in a fashion magazine, so I think your dress tastes good, " she explained. Da Eun laugh. "Did you invite Hyo In?"

"No," she then repeated, "I've been contacted her. She said she had to take care of some important things. "

Da Eun cleared softly. "Wait,"

Shortly, Da Eun was standing at the front door of the Yoo Hyeon’s house which open granted. She immediately marched into and found Yoo Hyeon’s slim body stood between two mannequin with wedding dress enveloped it.

Da Eun folded her arms across her chest. "Help me Da Eun," asked Yoo Hyeon resignation. Da Eun smiled broadly. Her friend, she was beautiful, but her fashion ability was below average.

Da Eun looked at Yoo Hyeon and returned to the mannequin. "I think this one is better," she pointed to dress on the right Yoo Hyeon, "your body is very thin. It would be better if you look a little fuller. "

Yoo Hyeon squinting. "Somehow I prefer the other,"

Da Eun hips, "Then, why not choose that course? Why ask me for help? "

Yoo Hyeon breath. "I have no idea. I never felt as confused as this," she rubbed her forehead and went to the couch. "Da Eun, can you get me my earphones in the room, please?" Yoo Hyeon pointed her room on second floor. Da Eun nodded and started up the stairs.

When she managed to find the earphones Yoo Hyeon means, she opened the door and heard Yoo Hyeon talk to someone.

"Eomeoni." Da Eun unmoved. Eomeoni?

"Yoo Hyeon. How the dress? "

Wrinkles on Da Eun’s forehead became clear when she heard a woman's voice. Those voice seemed familiar for her. She couldn’t guess who it was and decided to go down.

She peeped from the stairs, staring at the back of the woman who sitting opposite Yoo Hyeon. Somehow, great beats started on her chest. Her breathing seemed stuck. She took a deep breath and started down some stairs again.

Yoo Hyeon smile expands when her eyes found Da Eun stepping closer. "Da Eun, I want to introduce you to someone," Yoo Hyeon pulled Da Eun closer.

Da Eun’s smile immediately disappeared. She was amazed to see who that woman was. Her eyes widened, showing very shock expression. She finally understood why she felt familiar of this woman’s voice before.

Yoo Hyeon linking arms in Da Eun who was still frozen. "Da Eun, this ..."

"Eomeoni!" Da Eun blinked in disbelief. She didn’t dare to move an inch or even glanced toward the door. Afraid to see who was shouting. Afraid to look Yoo Hyeon who approached someone in the doorway. Afraid to be sure.

Yoo Hyeon pat Da Eun, resuscitate. Da Eun shut eye before finally raised her head heavily. Her eyes stared listless to Yoo Hyeon who smiled broadly.

Then Yoo Hyeon left through Da Eun’s back. Da Eun turned her head slowly, looked toward the door.

And she saw it. Clearly.

Yoo Hyeon hugged him.

Yoo Hyeon hugged him tightly.

Yoo Hyeon hugged the man who gave her the ring fifteen years ago.

Min Yoon Gi.