The Decision

MARRIAGE PLAN

MARRIAGE PLAN

CHAPTER IV

The Decision


            Kim Namjoon peek behind the curtains of the bedroom window. He looked up and stared at the night sky was overcast. Torrential rain fell on this afternoon. He didn’t mind at all. He even felt calm in the rain. The cold feels so warm to him.

            He pulled his legs back and pushed up to the bed. He grabbed his cell phone and turned it on. Three missed calls. He touch the screen of phone and looked at the name on it. Yoo Da Eun?

            He immediately called Da Eun back. His face was tense. Not usually Da Eun call him this much.
And the phone was lifted.

            Namjoon increasingly worried when he didn’t hear any single sound out of his cell phone. Several times he called Da Eun, no reply. He rushed down from his room and stood in the living room. What’s going on?

            "Namjoon," Da Eun low voice sound fainted.

            Namjoon put the phone more tightly to his ear. "Da Eun, what is it?".

            Da Eun saying something. But the sound of the rain behind covered her voice. Namjoon pulling his hair in frustration. Was the girl outside? In rain?

            Namjoon feel his body heat up. Da Eun no longer speak. With a quick movement, Namjoon opened the door, letting the cold air in. Phone connection hasn’t been interrupted at all.

            "Da Eun?"

            Without thinking first, Namjoon immediately dropped his cell phone to the floor and ran through the rain.

            Da Eun there.

            She stood there.

            And the rain soaked her body for granted.

            Her hand fell limply at her side.

            Namjoon move opened the gate and pulled Da Eun entry. Da Eun simply follow silently, while Namjoon attempted to go faster so that she wouldn’t be exposed to more rain.

            Namjoon wiping face Da Eun. "What are you doing?"

            Da Eun was silent. Namjoon was immediately understood. He saw the eyes of Da Eun and understand.

            He clasped Da Eun and took her in. Da Eun remain silent when she sat on the couch while Namjoon ran away and took a towel to dry himself and Da Eun.

            A moment later, Namjoon already returned with the towel. Regardless of himself, he immediately dry Da Eun.

            Da Eun stared blankly ahead. "What should I do Namjoon?"

            Namjoon stop the movement. "Stop."

            Da Eun shook her head slowly. "I can’t."

            "Then what can you do? Destroy their marriage? Don’t be careless Yoo Da Eun. "

            She shook her head again. "I wouldn’t do it. Instead. It is not impossible. I won’t be able to do it even though I really want to. "

            Namjoon cupped his hand on her cheeks. "I told you. You just kill yourself Da Eun. I am a man, too. I can understand what he is doing," Namjoon then move up and trotted away.

            "Namjoon," called Da Eun whisper.

            "Da Eun."

            "Do you remember when I asked you what is the wrong of waiting?"

            Namjoon didn’t budge.

            "I think I know now."
Da Eun smiled bitterly.

            "Waiting is never wrong. Absolutely not. The one is sometimes we don’t realize that someone we wait for is someone who didn’t worth the wait. "

            Da Eun looked up and stared Namjoon in.
"And hope. It is the pure and never wrong. The one is sometimes we don’t realize what we expect from them is something that doesn’t exist. What we expect is something that they never have for us. "

********************************

Friday, 23th October 2015

            She did not want to wake up.         

            No. Absolutely not.  

            When she knew this day Friday.

            And when she realized the time go faster than ever before.

            But she couldn’t bring herself to go to sleep and drowned in their sweet dreams are wrong.

            When she realized this is what happened.
Da Eun sighed and pushed the blanket covering her head. She forced her body up and looked around.

            Namjoon’s room looks so neat. His perfume was smeall clearly.

            She stepped down from the bed and left the room and went to Namjoon who was in the kitchen. With half-closed eyes she runs and stops at the next Namjoon who was cutting the vegetables and put into the pot.

            Namjoon turned for a moment. "Morning," he said. Da Eun just nodded and glanced at the pot. "What you doing?"

            "Soup," he said a short while stirring the vegetables in the pan.

            He grabbed the lid and turned. "You have to eat something warm. Yesterday you completely soaked."

            Da Eun sighed heavily. "Thanks Namjoon."

            A moment later, the soup was presented in the above table. The soup aroma filled the kitchen. Da Eun smiled broadly as she felt it in soup. "It's good," she muttered.

            Namjoon lap with his head. "Of course. You're always doubting my cooking. "

            Da Eun biting spoon. "Good. I admit it now," she said followed by laughter.

            Namjoon buzzer forced to leave Da Eun enjoy the soup alone. Soon, Namjoon back with a black envelope in hand. Da Eun stared for a moment and sullen. "What is that?"

            The question was evaporated when the envelope lying on the table in front of Da Eun. Her eyes carefully read word for word engraved there. And she breathed heavily.

            "It's okay if you don’t want to ..."

            "I will come," interrupted Da Eun back eating her soup.
Namjoon lips. "Good. But don’t force yourself. "

            Da Eun forced himself to smile. "Relax," she said lightly.Da Eun back talking with Namjoon when a familiar voice sounded from the living room. "Namjoon"

            Da Eun blinked surprised when Yoo Hyeon standing there. Right in front of her. "Da Eun, what are you doing here?"

            Da Eun cleared . "I'm just playing it." Da Eun tried to stay calm, though she caught Yoon Gi closer. She tried to swallow a soup that is now bitter for her.

            "Looks like you've received the invitation. I hope you can attend, " Yoon Gi message and smiling. Da Eun away. .

            Namjoon winced. "Why are you giving this invitation to me?"

            Yoo Hyeon laugh. "Because you're a friend of Da Eun, and Da Eun’s friend is also my best friend." Da Eun frowned slightly while Namjoon glancing out of the corner of his eyes.

            Yoo Hyeon leaned her head on his shoulder Yoon Gi and continued, "I'm really nervous, you know? I imagine tomorrow will belong entirely Yoon Gi," she giggled.

            Namjoon who was aware Da Eun uncomfortable with it, invite Yoo Hyeon and Yoon Gi into the living room while Da Eun still pretended to enjoy the soup that was cold.

            Da Eun peeking out from behind the wall. Staring at Yoon Gi, Namjoon and Yoo Hyeon fun laughing. How does it feel to laugh like that? She had no idea. Lately Da Eun forget it feels to laugh.

            She stepped out of the kitchen when Yoon Gi and Yoo Hyeon stand. Da Eun stood quietly beside Namjoon standing quietly. Namjoon turned and looked soft Da Eun who looks up at him. Her expression changed when Namjoon hand gently holding her hand.

            Namjoon still smiling as his hands continued gently clasped hands Da Eun. Da Eun stared Namjoon closely and deeply.

            The man sighed. "Thank God, you don’t strange," he said after Yoon Gi and Yoo Hyeon away and disappeared from view.

            Da Eun smiled thinly. "How can I do something strange when grasping my hand like this?" She held up a hand.

            "I managed to arrest you."

Da Eun raised eyebrows. "What?"

Namjoon turned. "I managed to keep you hurt yourself."

**************************************************

Da Eun walked slowly entered her yard. A thin smile expands when Da Hoon popped his head round the door. Tiny hand clutching small red car.

            The girl was kneeling and hugging Da Hoon. "I missed you," she mumbled softly. Da Hoon frowned. "Nuna where have you been?"

            Da Eun off her arms and smiled. "Nuna met Namjoon, Your hyeong."

            "I like him."

            "Who?"

            Da Hoon move his body. "Namjoon hyeong."

            Yoo Da Eun chuckled softly. "What?"

            "I think he likes you Nuna," guess the little boy. Da Eun ruffled Da Hoon’s hair, making pout. "Why do you say that?"

            Da Hoon folded hands. "Of course." He sighed and said, "He wouldn’t give this if he didn’t like you,"

            Da Hoon pulling one hand hidden behind the door. A bucket full of white flowers appeared. Da Eun blinked when Da Hoon directing the bucket to her.

            "Namjoon hyeong come and leave this to me. He said, ‘why you kept seeing bad things behind when you could see the good things in front of you’. "