CHAPTER 6

My life in Seoul University.

The day ended swiftly after I studied the whole afternoon in the library. Onew hyung said he wouldn’t be able to join me because he will barge in to his friend’s house. I yawned in tiredness after I returned the books in its rightful shelves. I was about to head out when the librarian slightly acknowledged my presence.

“It’s getting late, my dear. Take care.” She whispered. I smiled and bow in return of her kindness.

“Thank you, ma’am.”

Bright fancy lights bewildered me as soon as I got out of the school library. I glanced at my watch. It’s already eight minutes past eight in the evening. What a relaxing night. I walked in a slow pace, passing through the school’s park. It was like Christmas. Pale yellow Christmas lights hanging on each tree, bright yellow sparkling stars dangling on each one, and slightly dim streetlights shining alongside of the park. I slightly shivered as the cold wind softly hit me full in the body. I tucked my sweater tighter and sat on the nearest bench. I put on my earphones and started listening to slow music. I was slowly melting into it as I my vision was slightly starting to get blurry. I closed my eyes in trance, until I felt someone sit beside me. I slowly opened my eyes and curiosity took over me. He was wearing a dark brown leather beanie as was looking straight to another direction. A small gasp escaped my mouth as I pulled my earphones out.

“Wh—“

“Isn’t it a bit late to be hanging around here alone?” He turned his head to meet my nervous gaze. I froze in my position and just stared straight right to his warm pools of chocolate brown eyes. I didn’t know what to do at the moment. My heart was pounding loudly to the sudden fear I felt.

“J—Jonghyun..” I managed to say. He just smirked in return and walked away, leaving me alone. I sighed in relief. What the hell was that? I was relaxing here then he would just show up, scare the out of me, and walk away. How many kinds of random people actually exist in this school? I messed my hair in annoyance as I stood up and pulled my bag. I was about to walk away when I noticed a cup of coffee sitting on the bench. I looked around to search for its owner, but found no one. My eyes landed on the same cup of coffee and noticed a small note sticking out on its side. I lifted it up to see a clearer view on what’s written.

Going out alone at night is dangerous.’

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, but when realization hit me, a smile crept across my face. He isn’t really a bad person, is he?

I headed back to the dorm with a sly smile puckered on my face. I took a last sip from the warm coffee as I searched for the keys in my bag. I managed to unlock the door until I heard the door across our room, close. I looked behind to see if anyone’s around, but failed to see any. I just shrugged and got inside our room. Hyung’s still not home? I placed the empty cup of coffee on top of my desk and started changing my clothes. I sat on my not so soft bed and rested my back on the cold concrete wall. I yawned in tiredness as my gaze landed on the abandoned empty cup lying on the desk in front of me. Thoughts of Jonghyun suddenly flooded my mind. He’s a rude guy. He disrespectfully entered the classroom on our first day, and disrespectfully introduced himself to one of our professors and in front of the class. He stared at me as if I’m an alien who landed to the planet earth. That one does count. He was one of those who laughed and humiliated me when my food got spilled on by a soda. And now he’s going to give me a cup of warm coffee? That guy is sick. I appreciate his kindness in giving me a cup of coffee during a cold night, but it’s not worth all the rudeness he and his friends showed me. Why waste money for a cup of coffee if he could just go and apologize to me for free? Maybe his head is not functioning well. I scoffed loudly when my gaze landed again to the empty cup. I abruptly grabbed it and sighed.

 

 

Even though that person is rude and all, I still can’t help but smile when I see this cup. What’s wrong with me?

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

ANOTHER UPDATE! :)

 

At last. A Jongkey moment. Even if it's not yet fluffy and all. I apologize. Kkekeke.

 

 

I was smiling like an idiot while writing this chapter. I don't know why. I want to write a fluffy Jongkey chapter, but that'd just rush everything up. Oh well. Bear with me! And thanks for reading! <3