CHAPTER 2

My life in Seoul University.

I silently entered the classroom as everyone stopped moving and stared at me. I mumbled an apology and gave a quick bow. They continued chattering and ignored my presence, as if I don’t exist. It’d be better this way.  I looked for a vacant seat around as I pulled my thoughts together. Once I found one, I managed to make myself comfortable on it. Thank God the professor is not here yet. A group of girls suddenly approached me and introduced themselves one by one. A cute girl named Sunny, a pretty girl named Tiffany, and a jolly girl named Hyoyeon. They seem friendly and nice, though.

 

“Uhm. Can we sit with you?” Sunny asked.

“Sure.” I flashed a nervous smile and diverted my gaze to the gigantic windows. I felt someone tapping my shoulder, and as I turned around, I was greeted by the girls’ pouts.

“Hey. We already introduced ourselves to you, how come you haven’t?” I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, and chuckled in embarrassment as realization hit me.

“I’m sorry. I’m Kim Kibum, transferee from Daegu. I hope we can be friends.” They flashed me an unpretentious smile and nodded.

“So you’re new.. Would you mind if we show you around later?”

“I’d be more than glad. Thank you so much. My first day has been almost been bad.”

“Why? What happened?” They asked me in concern.

“Nothing. There’s just this group of students who made fun of me. But never mind, I think I could handle well.”

“Oh. There are lots of bad guys in this school. Just to warn you, but never mind them. You have us. Friends?” I couldn’t help but feel happy inside. I never thought there will be people as nice as them on my first day. I gladly shook their hands and giggled. The whole room suddenly became silent and I noticed the professor walked to the middle. She was wearing a pink teacher’s uniform, black pumps, and a pair of cute glasses. She ordered us to be on our proper seats, and the students scribbled around the room. The professor checked the attendance, and when it was my turn, my classmates glanced at me. I heard few whispers and chuckles around the room which I find unfairly offensive in a way. I bowed my head and just stared at the clean floor, ignoring some people’s rudeness.

 

I heard a loud bang as the door shot open, revealing a not so short student who just walked pass through the professor. What a brat? Not even apologizing for his tardiness? I sighed in annoyance and continued to ignore my surroundings until I felt someone sit on the vacant seat few meters away from me. I gave a quick glance and found the tardy guy sitting comfortably, staring at me. I quickly looked away and focused on the lecture. I didn’t want to miss any of it, it would be hard to catch up.

“Okay students, please bring out your registration form.” I promptly obliged. I accidentally looked at the tardy guy sitting lazily in my far left, still staring at me. Why is he staring at me? He is making me so freaking uncomfortable. I saw him smirk in my peripheral view as I handed my registration form to the student in front of me.

“Let me introduce myself first. I’ll be your Art professor for the whole semester. I’m Ms. Choi Sooyoung. Please be nice to me.” I heard some guys hooted as the whole class greeted Ms. Choi. I glanced at my left and saw the short guy whispering something the guy sitting beside me, who seems to be his friend. His friend laughed and looked at me, showing a glint of disgust in his face.

“Okay, since I already introduced myself. It’s your turn now. Alphabetical, let’s start with Ms. Baek Haegyeo.”

Same pattern was done by the students. Name, age, likes, and hobbies. I curiously glanced at the short man when it was his turn.

“I’m Kim Jonghyun, 19, I love y girls with pouty lips, and I love singing.” He winked at the professor who seem astounded to his improper introduction. What a disrespectful brat. I scoffed in annoyance.

“Okay next. Kim Kibum?” I nervously stood up and started stuttering.

“I’m Kim K-Kibum, 18, I like—I love arts and music, and I also love to d—dance.” The whole class became silent and again, started whispering with each other.

“You love to dance? Well. Show us what you got.” My seatmate shouted. My heart started to pound like crazy as I heard the whole class’s mocking cheers. I glanced at Sunny, Tiffany, and Hyoyeon who are just smiling at me encouragingly.

“Go on. Fighting!” Tiffany mouthed. I managed to pulled my legs up to stand, and heavily walked to the center. I inhaled deeply and stared at their smirking faces.

“I’m—I’m going to dance to Shinhwa’s ‘Perfect Man’. I heard few squeals from some girls and ‘Ohh’s to some guys. I pulled my ipod from my pocket and played the song. As the music started, my body started to move in beat of the song. I saw their amused faces, I smirked inwardly. This is one thing I love that I’m proud of doing. I finished dancing up to the song’s chorus and glanced at Jonghyun who seem astounded. His mouth was hanging wide open but he quickly closed it when he realized I was staring right at him. The whole class applauded at my mini showcase as I went back to my seat.

“Wow, he’s good.”

“He’s cool.”

“Never thought he had a talent.”

 

 

I heard few positive comments from the students and I just awkwardly sat on my uncomfortable seat.

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

An update!! <3

 

 

Hi. Add me on me2day.

--> http://me2day.net/kimpuppysaur