CHAPTER 5

My life in Seoul University.

How should I critique the unexpected incident with the seniors a while ago? Was it bad or was it good? I’ve been ridiculously humiliated in front of those people and my food got spilled on by a cola. My precious money was put on to waste. But on its counterpart, I was been able to freely call my roommate, ‘hyung’. I mean, I got the permission to call him one. Though I’m best in hiding my real feelings to people around me, I can’t hide the happiness I felt in terms of having a companion in this big university. A first real companion.

 

On our way to our first class, I trailed behind Onew hyung like a lost puppy since I’m still unfamiliar to this place. Muffled crunching sounds were made as we occasionally step on faded dried leaves along the school’s park boundless path.

 

We got on the elevator, lifting us to the fifth floor. I hesitantly stepped inside the quiet classroom as Onew hyung searched for a seat.

“Yah. Are you just going to stand there?” Onew hyung asked as he cocked his eyebrows. I gave him a small smile and took the seat beside his.

“I wonder why this classroom is still empty at the moment..” He silently chuckled as he glanced at his sapphire blue watch.

“It’s still early, babo.”

“But still.. It’s almost just 15 minutes before the bell.”

“Well.. People are like that.” I shrugged to dismiss the topic and pulled out a textbook in my bag. I started to scan few pages as Onew hyung let out a small laugh.

“Are you serious?” I eyed him confused.

“What? Why?” I asked innocently, pretending not to know what he means.

“Well. I didn’t know you’re pretty studious.” I just let out a chuckle and continued studying. I guess he got the message cause he just kept silent, watching me study. It was making me uncomfortable so I tried to start a conversation.

“I’m a scholar.” I spat without peeling my eyes of the textbook. I saw him nod in my peripheral view and I continued talking.

“My family is not wealthy enough to pay for my tuition. So.. I have to study hard.” He just kept silent and gave my shoulder a light squeeze as other students entered the room. I just kept my eye on what I’m reading until more of my them arrived. The whole room was practically becoming noisier and noisier, as each minute passes.

“Whoaahh. Someone’s busy.” I looked up to the tall person standing in front of me.

“Hi. I’m Yunho.” He slyly grinned as he held out his hand. I hesitated for a while before I shook it. He smirked. He was the one sitting beside me on my first day here. The one who was eyeing me with disgust before. The one who’s sitting in between me, and Kim Jonghyun.

“I’m—I’m Kibum.”

“I know.” He rolled his eyes as he turned around on his heel, leaving me and Onew hyung staring at him, dumbfounded.

“Hyung. Why was he like that?” He slowly looked at me with worry in his eyes.

“Never mind him, Key. Maybe he’s just bored, as ever.” I shrugged and looked at Yunho who was sitting on the other side of the room. Thank God, he’s far away from me. I saw him whispering something to the person sitting beside him, but I just ignored it. I shouldn’t waste my precious time butting in other people’s business.

 

 

The first two periods was boring as ever, but I have no choice. I have to strive as hard as I could to maintain my scholarship. The classroom was emptied as soon as the professor bids goodbye. I lazily stood up as I slump my bag on my shoulder. The day was just starting but I feel like my energy was already draining out of me.

“You okay, Key?” Onew hyung asked as he walked beside me.

“Just hungry.”

“Let’s eat! I want chicken.” He excitedly pulled me out of the abandoned room and headed to the school’s canteen.

“Wow. You really have something ‘bout chickens.”

As soon as we lay a foot in the canteen, my face automatically scrunched up when I caught a sight of Yunho sitting beside Jonghyun. Our gazes met as I took another step. I scoffed. Onew hyung followed my gaze and forcefully pulled me out.

“What? Why—why did you pull me out?”

“Let’s eat somewhere else?” I nodded. If not for Onew hyung, my life and my food would be in danger again.

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Don't get me wrong, but Yunho isn't one of the seniors. LOL. :))