2017 - 18.02

Thr33
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your Highness" Amber's lawyer once again stood up and objected

"Counselor, watch what you are going to say next because it might just give you a trip to the prison," the judge said

"But, your Highness," he insisted 

"Counselor, one more word and I won't think twice about arresting you" The judge was about to sound his gavel as suddenly someone shouted from the audience.

"I OBJECTED!" 

The judge felt irritated and lifted his head to see who shouted in the court. Everybody turned their heads to see who said that and caused a commotion in the courtroom.

"I objected, your Highness. I think your decision is unfair," the man walked slowly forward only to be restrained by the security.

Amber and Krystal were surprised as they see the man who objected. 

"Appa..." Krystal mouthed and shook her head to him, signaling her father not to make any more trouble on the court.

 

"Sir," the judge said "I don't know who you are but this contempt of court could put you away for weeks"

"My name is Jung Gyu-Woon, I'm Jung Soojung's" he stopped and repeated "Krystal Jung's father"

The judge looked at him "I advise you to go back to your seat and respect the court's decision"

"I am not going back to my seat, Your Highness." He insisted and the security twisted his arm but he kept on going "You can put me in jail, you can do anything to me but please consider your decision"

Krystal cried as Mr. Jung grunted as the security handcuffed him.

"Appa, don't" Krystal sobbed 

"Your Highness, I have never been a father to my daughter. I have disappointed her in so many ways, I was never there for her when she needed me." Mr. Jung said "Let me be a father to my daughter just this once. Please hear what I have to say and you can send me to prison afterward."

"Okay," the judge said "I'm listening. You have 3 minutes to say what you have to say. Let him go" the judge said to the court security. After the security guard uncuffed him the judge said, "Come nearer. Tell the court your name again"

"My name is Jung Gyu-Woon," Mr. Jung said.

"What is your relationship with Miss Liu?" the judge said

"Not directly. My daughter, Krystal Jung, is her girlfriend. And she is also the adoptive mother of my granddaughter, Krystal's daughter" he answered

The judge looked at him and said "Now tell the court what you want to say"

 

"I married my wife in young age, we have two lovely daughters," Mr. Jung said, "Do you have daughters, your Highness?"

The judge reluctant to answer the question but at the end, he said "I do"

"Fathers always think that their daughters are the most beautiful creatures in the whole world, right? Mr. Jung's lips formed a smile "I do too. I think my daughters are the most beautiful girls in the world. I always imagined that they will meet the love of their life, a man who will protect them, a man who she will spend the rest of her life with, a man she would have children with."

Mr. Jung stared at the floor and continued "Like I said I was never a father to Soojung. My wife was always strict with the girls but I always let her do what she wanted to do. As I thought I was playing the role as the perfect husband, I forgot to be a father to my daughters. Krystal was always the strong one, as she was old enough, she started to rebel, but I still didn't listen. As she was at the lowest point of her life, I didn't protect her. I helped my wife sending her away, to protect our family's name. As our path crossed again, it wasn't a man who held my daughter's hand. It was a woman."

"Of course I was surprised. What would people say knowing that my daughter is with another woman? They would laugh at her. But I was in no position to utter my disappointment, I was never in her life. Last few months, I decided to win my daughter back, and she let me back in her life despite all the things my wife and I did to her, in spite of the pain I inflicted to her, she took me back with open arms." Mr. Jung continued "At first, I still felt awkward seeing my daughter with Amber, I didn't understand how could she fall for another woman. The more I spend time with her family, with Amber, their daughter Jiyoon and the baby since the last few months, I don't want anyone else to take care of my daughter and my granddaughter"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter