2016 - 22.07

Thr33
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber was reading a newspaper on the living room as she heard the door. 

"Moooom, I'm home" Jiyoon shouted from the door "oh there you are" she said and gave Amber a kiss on the cheek "Hi, mom"

"Hi, kiddo. How was school?"

"It was okay."

Jiyoon noticed how Amber still looked at the door

"Umma said hi. She was in a hurry so she couldn't come by"

"Oh ok" Amber pretended not to be disappointed and burried herself back in her newspaper.

"I'm gonna go upstairs" Jiyoon said

"Yeah, dinner in an hour, okay"

The girl noddded and ran upstairs.

 

Amber couldn't concentrate on reading anymore, she folded the newspaper and stared at the ceiling. After that day, she barely sees Krystal anymore. They met once a while when Krystal dropped Jiyoon at the house but they don't really talk anymore. Amber is busy preparing a charity concert for next month and the negotiation for Germany is coming to an end, if everything goes well, it will start early next year. With a lot on her schedule right now, Jiyoon spends most of her time at Krystal's place. Amber is grateful for that, she could concentrate better because she knows that Jiyoon is with Krystal but sometimes she wishes they could spend times together at the house like it used to.

Eventhough Amber knew that it was almost impossible, she knew she hurt Krystal too much for them to go back to where they where, Amber still secretly wishes to get to see more of her.

Jiyoon went downstairs for dinner, Amber asked about school. She told her about a new kid at school, about her last math test, about the boring lessons. Amber listened to her while chewing her salad.

After helping her mom cleaning up, Jiyoon excused herself to do her homework. Amber went to basement to get the laundry.

As she passed Jiyoon's room, the door was opened and she could hear her talking to someone.

"Yes, Umma, we had dinner already" Jiyoon talked on the phone.

Krystal... Amber thought while walking across Jiyoon's room to put the towel in the bathroom.

"Yeah, she asked for you. I told her that you were in a hurry" Amber heard Jiyoon said

Well, at least she still asked for me, Amber thought in her head. That's not such a bad sign. She went in the bathroom, put the clean towels back in the rack, she closed the bathroom door after she was finished.

As she walked back across Jiyoon's room, she heard that she was still on the phone with Krystal. What do girls talk about on the phone anyway? How could they talk for hours eventhough they already saw each other on the day.

"Okay, Umma. Yes. I understand. I love you too. Yes. Oh and send my regards to uncle Kai. Okay. Bye"

Amber froze as she heard it. Uncle Kai??

She was so bothered by the thought of it that she walked inside Jiyoon's room.

 

"Hey, Mom" the girl said. Amber walked to her, pretending to check on her homework

"English?" Amber took a peek at her books

"Yeah"

"Need help?" Amber asked

"I think I'll manage. It's not too hard" Jiyoon concentrated back on her books

"Ummm" Amber scratched her head "You were on the phone with your Umma?"

"Yeah. Just saying goodnight" Jiyoon said without looking at Amber, her hand busy scribbling  something on her book.

"Good. Good" Amber scratched her head again "Who's Uncle Kai?"

"Huh?"

"Uncle Kai. You said regards to Uncle Kai. Who is that?" Amber tried to sound casual.

"Oh, he's umma's friend" Jiyoon wasn't really paying attention, still busy with her home work.

"A friend?" Amber frowned "I never heard of any Kai"

"No?" The girl answered absentmindedly

"No. And I think I know all of her friend"

"Well, they haven't knew each other that long I guess" Jiyoon's eyes still glued on her homework "Must be around the time after my birthday"

Amber had this weird feeling in her stomach. She must have eaten something bad, she thought to herself.

 

"Hmm hmm" Amber murmured. She paused for a moment and said "This uncle Kai, does he visit your umma a lot?"

"I don't know. But he's always there when I come to the shop"

"Oh, so he's a customer" Amber was somehow relieved.

"Yes and no. He used to be a customer but now he's spending a lot of time there. He stays till late too"

"Mmm mmm" Amber nodded hearing Jiyoon's explanation.

"He's really nice to umma. Wenn the shop is busy, he always helps around" Jiyoon added

Pffft, Amber rolled her eyes. If course he's being nice and helpful, it's definitely not for free.

"Your umma" Amber looked for the right words so it won't be obvious that she wants to investigate her feelings for him "does she talk a lot about this uncle Kai?"

"Not really."

Amber suddenly feeling happy hearing it. If a girl likes a guy, she will constantly talk about him, right? So it seems Krystal is not into this guy.

"Uncle Kai talks a lot about Umma though. Either that, or he just stares at her. I think he has a crush on umma"

Amber winched her eyes. That bastard. Can't blame him though, Krystal is so pretty. 

 

"Ummm" Amber tried to look not so curious "how does he look like?"

"Uncle Kai?"

"Yes"

"Well he's tall for sure. A little bit tan. He's not my type but it seems like he has a lot of fan girls. Sometimes a group of girls comes to the shop and screeches when they see him"

"Fangirls?" Amber raised her eyebrow. What is he? Must be some kind of playboy.

"He never really notices them though. He was always busy listening to his mp3 player or busy looking at umma"

Amber snorted. ert, she said in her head.

"That sounds fishy. Hey kiddo, what does he do for a living anyway? I bet something illegal. Does he have a car? Does your Umma go with him?" Amber started to ramble

"Moooom, can I please finish my homework? You are ruining my concentration" Jiyoon pouted "I havr no idea what he does or what he drives and yes, umma goes with him once in a while"

Amber placed her hand on her stomach after hearing it. There's that weird feeling again. It must be the cheese.

"If you really want to know about uncle Kai, why don't you visit umma?" Jiyoon murmured "You guys haven't really see each other for so long. You two turned weird after our trip to the cabin"

Amber patted Jiyoon's head "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter