2015 - 24.12

Thr33
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mooom" Jiyoon shouted from her room "Can you please get the door? It must be Krystal-Unnie"

"Okay" Amber answered and took off her apron.

 

It was already Christmas. There was still no result from the paternity test Amber sent a few weeks ago. She did call to check if they received the package. The person on the other side of the telephone said that the package already arrived and the result will be finished in 4-12 weeks. The first days Amber thought a lot about it, she even started to stare at Krystal and Jiyoon, making Krystal uncomfortable in the process. Jiyoon was so annoyed and asked why is she acting weirder than normal. Amber just smiled awkwardly and scratched her head if they asked why she was staring at them.

With the days passing by, Amber kind of forget about the test. She concluded that the similarities between both girls are merely because they spend so much time together. Jiyoon looks up to Krystal and she always say how beautiful she is and how much she wanted to be like her Unnie. And now that Krystal finally agreed to spend Christmas with them, she totally forget about the test. Jiyoon begged and begged for days before Krystal finally agreed to spend some days with them at home. Amber was ecstatic as she heard that Min is going to spend Christmas at her parents' home and won't be back until new year. She did felt a bit guilty about being so happy that Min wasn't going to come. I mean it would be so awkward if Min and Krystal sitting on the same table. If Krystal felt uncomfortable, she might leave and that would make Jiyoon sad. Besides Amber miss spending sometime with her at the house.

 

"Hey" Krystal smiled as Amber opened the door

No answer came from Amber's mouth, she was staring at Krystal with her new haircut. Shorter than usual but it makes her looks even cuter

"Amber?" Krystal said as Amber froze at the door

"Ah, sorry. Come in" Amber made way and helped Krystal took off her jacket "You cut your hair"

Krystal her hair unconsciously "Yeah. Is it too short? Does it look bad?" she said nervously

Amber shook her head "It's beautiful. It suits you a lot"

That made Krystal blushed a bit "Thank you" she whispered shyly.

 

She looked to see Amber and saw she had something on her cheek "Have you been cooking? You have something on your cheek". Krystal lifted her hand and absentmindedly wiped the sauce on Amber's cheek. The latter startled as she felt how cold Krystal's hand was

"Your hand is so cold" Amber said and placed her hand on Krystal's

And there they are, standing in front of each other, Krystal's hand on Amber's cheek. Amber's hand on hers. Both wishing silently that time would just stop at that moment.

"Ehem" a voice from behind brought them back to reality. Amber let Krystal's hand go and Krystal awkwardly put her hands in her pocket.

"Hi Unnie" Jiyoon come to give Krystal a hug with a wide grin on her face.

"Hi Jiyoon" Krystal kissed her on the head "I like your clothes"

"Really? I picked it myself" Jiyoon answered happily and did a twirl. "Mom bought new clothes too for tonight. I think she looks reaaaallly good in it" Amber grinned to Amber and winked.

Amber just rolled her eyes at her daughter's reaction "Young lady, why don't you help Krystal unnie bring her luggage to the guest room"

"Yes Mam" Jiyoon saluted jokingly

"I can do it myself" Krystal said

"No, Unnie. You are our guest so please let me do this" Jiyoon took Krystal's luggage and drag it to the guest room.

 

Krystal went to Amber who was already back in the kitchen finishing her cooking. "What are you making?" Krystal said

"The turkey is already in the oven, it'll be finished soon. I'm doing the sauce right now, care to try it?" Amber spooned some from the sauce pan "Be careful it's still hot" she said and hold the spoon while blowing it for Krystal.

"It's good" Krystal nodded "Delicious"

"Yeah?" Amber said happily

Krystal smiled and nodded.

 

"I wanted to put a mistletoe there but mom said no" Jiyoon showed up again and grinned

Krystal blushed again and went 2 step away from Amber.

"Kiddo" Amber said in a warning tone

"Just saying" Jiyoon shrugged her shoulders and went to decorate the table.

 

It was a wonderful evening. Dinner was perfect, the atmosphere was perfect. Krystal placed the presents she brought under the Christmas tree. Amber the fireplace and they played monopoly after dinner. Amber did steal glances at Krystal through the night. She looked so beautiful that night. They both put Jiyoon to bed later that night and that made the young girl so happy to have them both there and the thought that Krystal is going to be there for the next 2 days made her happier.

 

The next morning Jiyoon got up early and run happily to the tree to open her presents. Amber and Krystal followed still with their PJs.

"It's amazing how early you can wake up on Christmas" Amber yawned

"Presents!!!" Jiyoon grinned and started to open them. "Woow, thank you guys. I love it" She became an acoustic guitar from Amber and a new pair of training shoes from Krystal.

Amber received a self made blanket from Krystal and Amber gave her tickets for a musical that Krystal always wanted to attend. Three tickets of course. They made breakfast together. Jiyoon said it was the best Christmas she ever had until now and said repeatedly how Krystal should spend more time with them like this. Krystal just smiled without answering, which made Amber sighed because it meant she is still reluctant to spend time at the house without a reason. She still can't figure out why all of the sudden Krystal always avoid the invitation to stay overnight at her place like she used to.

After breakfast they went outside and played snowball fight. It was another beautiful day. That night Jiyoon asked if Krystal wouldn't stay until new year eve but she refused. Amber decided not to force her, if Jiyoon did succeed in convicing her, she would be thrilled but she decided to stay out of it. Her gut feeling said the reason is somehow because of her.

On the next day, the door bell rang at around 9 am as they were having breakfast.

"I'll get it" Amber got up, wondering who could that be on the day after Christmas. She kinda feared that it was Min because she knew it would ruin the mood. Krystal is going to back home later that afternoon. They were enjoying themselves and the last days were amazing, so she wouldn't want it t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter