Against me 1

Gwi x Hye Ryung stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Summary: She was starting to be rebellious and that scared him. Based on episode 15.

He was upset, the newly minted Queen had yet to make a visit to his chambers, he was getting bored and restless. He wanted to acquire the mysterious black robe of Kim Sung Yeol’s. With it, he could finally roam in the light. With it, perhaps she would look at him differently. With it, perhaps her heart would open up to him. 

Traveling to her quarters at the speed of light, he found her in her rooms by smelling her sweet scent. 

“Is the candle light wavering or is it your heart,” he teased as he stood outside her door.

“Are you allowed to come all the way here?” was her answer. 

Insolent girl, he thought, with that blasted robe, he would reign as King and no one would question where he could or could not go. 

He threw the doors open and Hye Ryung immediately tensed, standing up to greet him. 

“Since the delivery didn’t come to me, I had no choice to come get it personally,” he said, “Do you have Kim Sung Yeol’s robe?” 

“I met Kim Sung Yeol, but I was not able to deceive him. That person doesn’t believe that I’m Myung Hee.”

In frustration, he moved forward and grabbed her hand. How could she have failed? He did not believe her. Had she decided to fight against him? She did not seem to understand the importance of the robe. How with it, so many things could change for him, just like her heart. 

“You failed? Did you expect that if you told me that, I would believe you?” 

“That person has now forgotten his past lover and only has the Lustful Student’s daughter in his heart,” Hye ryung explained, hoping that would satisfy him and tried to break away. 

With her curt tone, he knew he was losing her, perhaps his suspicions about her rebelling against him was right, he held onto her arm tighter, eyes boring into hers, hoping he was wrong. 

“I cannot move Kim Sung Yeol’s heart anymore. Not just him, or anyone else’s, how about letting bygones be bygones.” 

Gwi felt like she just slapped him in the face, this child whom he cared for for many years was actually trying to lecture him. She was talking back to him for the first time, the start of a rebellious youth? Gwi laughed, “Are you saying you can’t keep the position of the queen? Do you not know that I can remove you from this seat whenever I want to?” 

He needed to instill some fear into her, hoping she would not talk back to him again, with a hand lightly on , he wanted to warn her again, that perhaps if she could not keep her place as the queen, she could then become his woman next to him again. 

But before he could say anything further the King bursted into the room. 

“What is going on?” The King demanded. 

Gwi turned to look at the King, his eyes squinted slightly, this King who had slowly taken his Hye Ryung’s attention from him. It was amusing to think he, the great Gwi could be threatened by a mere fragile human, he scoffed and whipped around, wrapping his arm around Hye Ryung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter