Her wish

Gwi x Hye Ryung stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Summary: Out of the blue, she asked him the unexpected, throwing him into a fit of worry. Does not follow the drama story entirely.

Ever since she was little, he never once said no to her, any book she wanted, all sorts of animals she wanted to keep, the cure for her sickness, exotic foods she wanted to try, he gave them all to her. He could give her the world if she so asked for it.

Little did he know, she would soon take him up on that request. She was older now, more beautiful, more graceful, but with it, she grew more calculative and harboured more hate for her father. 

On one summer’s night, while he was reading and drinking, she caught him off guard with her request. 

“Do you remember, you once said if I asked for anything you would give it to me…” She started carefully, judging his expression, while she poured him more tea. 

“Hmm… and what does my princess want now, another rabbit to your farm of animals?” He said lazily, not taking his eyes off his book, “If you so wish, I will have it ready by tomorrow. However, I would advise against this decision, because I think you have far too many pets at the moment.”

She made a face when she knew he wouldn’t see, she was no longer a child, she thought. With a deep breath, she stated her wish, “Would you have me be the Crown Princess?” 

His grip on his book tightened considerably and he set his book aside. Hye Ryung quickly bowed her head down in respect. 

“I beg your pardon?” 

She had to be strong for her mother, she reminded herself and with clenched fists, she looked at Gwi directly, “My wish is to be the Crown Princess.” 

Seeing her determined face stunned him for a moment. What a bold request coming from her, where had his obedient girl gone to, had she fallen for the Crown Prince? Did she not want to stay with him any more?

“Why are you suddenly interested in becoming the Crown Princess?” 

“It’s not a sudden interest, I have been thinking about it for a long time.” 

His expression grew dark, thinking that Hye Ryung had fallen for the prince long ago, he berated himself for being careless. He slumped back on his throne, unsure of how to process this information. Hye Ryung continued to wait for his answer, staring at him with bated breath. 

He could not avoid delaying his reply any longer, but he needed more time to sort out the thoughts in his head, “If you bring me Kim Sung Yeol, I would make you the Crown Princess.” 

“I understand,” Hye Ryung readily agreed, she had previously met the man before, this was not a difficult task for her, “I would like to excuse myself to make preparations.” 

He waved his hand and she gave him a bow and left in a fury. He frowned in his seat, “Crown Princess?”

He called for her father and started interrogating the man about the interactions between Hye Ryung and the Crown Prince. To her father’s knowledge, the two barely knew each other. Gwi doubted that she fell for the Crown Prince just by looking at him, she was not a shallow child, but he couldn’t shake away that thought. When Hye Ryung was little, she once told him her ideal man is him. Could she have changed? That thought made him panic a little.

“Prime minister, based on appearance alone, who do you think looks better, the Crown Prince or me? Be honest. I will not kill you for your honesty. I trust you.” 

“My lord?” 

“Well?” 

“In my humble opinion, my lord is far more handsome.” 

“This, you are sure?” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter