Unnamed Gwi x Hye ryeong

Gwi x Hye Ryung stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Summary: In which little Hye Ryung meets Gwi and is unfazed. A close bond soon forms. Loosely the drama storyline. Spoilers to episode 2. 

 

She had wandered into his den while exploring the palace grounds. It was night time but the young Hye Ryung was bored and was looking for some entertainment. With that, she had stumbled into his den and he had found her peeping at him from behind a pillar. 

“Silly girl, to think I won’t know you are there.” He called out. 
Hye Ryung was amazed that she was spotted easily. It seemed her father too was just as shocked. 

Her father had been having a discussion with the vampire and was startled when he saw his young daughter shyly stepping forward to greet them. 
Hye Ryung gave a nod to her father, yet made no other motion to greet the other strange man, seeing as he was unfamiliar to her. 

“My lord, I offer my apologies. This is my daughter, Hye Ryung, please forgive her, she is but a curious one…” Hye Ryung looked curiously as her father continuously offered apologies to the strange man. 

“It’s fine. Come here, child.” 

At the man’s order, her father started to tense but with a pointed look from the strange man, her father bowed his head in silence. Hye Ryung took small steps towards the strange man, looking at her surroundings more closely. A bowl filled with dark liquid caught her eye. She peered at it curiously, her actions did not went unnoticed. 

“Are you curious as to what this is?” The man smirked, gesturing to the bowl. Hye Ryung gave a slight nod and watched as the man took a drink from it. Before long, the bowl was now empty as he sat it back on the arms of his throne. 

  
“Is it not wine?” She asked. 

  
“Ah, so she speaks and what a lovely voice she has. Indeed it is not wine. It is something more precious than wine. It runs in your veins. The very essence of your life.” 

  
“Why do you drink blood?” Hye Ryung asked calmly. The man paused for but a moment, as if he was not expecting such an reaction. 

“For me to survive, I would need to drink it. Knowing this, are you not afraid, child?” 

Hye Ryung shook her head, “if you need to drink it to live, then what difference is it if we have to slaughter animals for food to live?” The man gave an amused smirk while her ever stoic father seemed to be fidgeting in his bowed stance, “My apologies again my lord. My child does not think before she speaks. I ask for her to be excused. It is past the time for a young maiden to be out at night…” 


The man turned to her father interrupting his speech, “I have finally figured out what you can do to secure your position in the palace.” 

“My lord?”
 

“I have decided I have taken a liking to this child. If she serves me, I would see to it that you have your promotion.”
 

“My lord…” “You have till tomorrow to let me know your answer.” The man declared before he took a seat on his throne. With a curt agreement and a bow, her father then quickly ushered her out of the den. 

 It was to no surprise, her father agreed to the terms of the strange man. She would soon come to learn of his name. Gwi, he was called, a dashing vampire who fed on human blood. She visited him almost every night and Gwi entertained all her questions about the world and about himself. It was a friendship of sorts that went on for many months, years even. 

Gwi was extremely knowledgable and taught her to read and write. Hye Ryung had little to no friends due

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter