Chapter 8

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun POV

I was still thinking about what Hayoung told me this morning. I can’t believe that I actually have a secret admirer without me knowing after all this time. I could only sigh and get off from the bus with a deep thought in my mind.

As aproach the gate I smile to everyone that greet me and politely bow at my lecturers.

I was looking for Chorong unnie since she usually here with me before class, but she is no where to be seen now.

I shrug my shoulder and decide to pay for my tuition first.

When I arrive at the corridor, I heard Chorong-unnie yell,I quickly approach the voice afraid that something might happend to her.

I see Chorong unnie was yelling madly at someone.

I didn’t recognize the figure at first, but when I came closer I know who is it.

It’s Eunji-unnie.

“Stop! What do you think you could do? You know nothing about me, what do you mean letting you melt my heart, for what? So you could broke it into pieces? Stop it Jung Eunji, you’re just the same like the other, you looked down at me don’t you? you’re being like this because you think I’m pathetic, because you’re pittying me don’t you?just go Jung Eunji, live your life and don’t bother to look after me, just as you think I’m just a tras---“

I cover my mouth not wanting them hear me yelp.

“S-she kiss her.”

I quickly turn around not wanting to see this kind of view.

I felt my heart broken into pieces as I saw what happend.

I try to hold my cries and wanting to leave.

“B-but, Y-you like Naeunnie don’t you? A-and I believe that she like you too.”

That question stop me on my track.

I’m afraid to hear Eunji’s answer, but I gotta admit I really want to hear it from her.

“I don’t know where you got that idea unnie, but let me get it straight.”

“Yes, it’s true I like Naeunnie.”

I held my breath and turn around.

“But just as a sister. I want to protect her since she has suffer enough. She’s poor and she’s alone in this world, I just want her to be happy, and I want to make her happy. Because she’s like a sister of mine that I never have before.”

“But you. You’re different. You’re someone that I want to see every single day when I wake up, and I want you to be the only person who I could think about when I was about to go to sleep. It’s you unnie. And it’ll always be you.”

I smile bitterly after hearing what Eunji said.

I’m such a fool. Thinking that I could actually be together with Eunj-unnie. I was such a fool.

“W-why? Why are you treating me so good like this? I-I was just so ready to let you go, why are you holding me up like this? Y-You could never imagine how broken I’m if oneday you’ll leave me. I-If I open my heart for you you could easily broke it Eunji-ah, I-I don’t want to feel anymore pain. I-I’m sorry, I-I can’t let you in. You deserve someone better than me. I don’t deserve you, you’re too good to be true. Just let me go Eunji-ah, I can’t bear another pain, j-just don’t make me fall even harder, it-it hurts. Please. I can’t accept your feeling. G-good bye Jung Eunji.”

What the hell is she talking about. How could she waste the chance to be with Eunji just like that.

I saw Chorong unnie push Eunji untill she fall on the ground and walking toward my direction.

I saw her stop on her track as she saw me standing here infront of her.

I quickly approach her and without hestitation, I slap her.

“N-Naeun-ah.” She was shock and cup her cheek in disbelieve.

“What did you think you’re doing?”

I was so angry and sad at the same time.

“What did you say? She likes me? What are you unnie, a fortune teller? And did you just call your self a trash? Unnie. I know you’re doing this because you’ll hurt my feeling. But unnie, after all this time don’t you realize what I want?”

Chorong unnie look at me with a teary and confuse eyes, I smile a bit and take her hand softly.

“All I want is, you’ll be happy unnie. And I’m not a fool unnie. I know you like Eunji unnie,and you should be glad since she like like you too unnie. You’ve been suffered a lot you know. You always build your wall high and never let anyone enter it, you’ve been an ice princess for too long unnie. You need someone to stay by your side and melt your ice like heart unnie, and she’ the right one. I believe that she could make you happy, please unnie don’t waste it.”

I know I’m being a hypocrite right now. But as much as I love Eunji-unnie, I love Chorong-unnie even more. I need to she her open up again. I need her to be happy, since she is the only family I have left.

“N-Naeun  ah. Don’t lie to me. I-I know you like Eunji too don’t you? I can see it in your eyes. I don’t want to steal her from you, you deserve to be with her. You know her first and I believe that she’s only confuse with her feeling right now. I’m okay Naeun-ah,I-I d-don’t—“

I hug Chorong unnie tightly and whishper in her ears.

“Yes I like her unnie. A lot. But, liking someone doesn’t mean we have to be with them. I’m happy as long as she is happy. And you see. Her happiness is you. So I beg you unnie, don’t hurt someone that I like a lot, please treat her right, let her melt your heart, make her happy, because you and her are my happiness.”

I smile and let her go from our hug.

I cup her face and wipe her tears.

“I love you unnie. Please, be happy.”

I look over at Eunji-unnie and ask her to come.

“Unnie. Chorong unnie is someone that mean a world to me. I really wish you could take a good care of her. I trust you unnie. I know you could make her happy, please treat her like a princess, please be nice to her, and most importantly. Don’t break her heart.”

I said for the last time before finally leave that place.

I know this is hard, but this is the best for all of us. Just be happy you both.

And good bye my first heart broker.

Goodbye my first love.

Be happy with her.

Good bye Eunji-unnie.

 

Chorong POV

I skip my class after the accident. I can’t concentrate on anything since everything happend to sudden.

I’m at Eunji apartment right now, since she said that it’s better to skip the class to spend the time with her so she could made up for her mistake.

I don’t understand why she like me a lot. I mean it’s just me right? I don’t have anything why would she choose me?

I shook my head as I have promise her that I will let her enter my life little by little.

But, i can’t help but to think about Naeun.

I know she said that she’s willing to give up on her fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter